Is-Abled Bikers & Trikers Romance

• View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 03:27 AM

After the crash , which way did you go ?

The Road Never Ends , lets tell em some die hard stories of the wind .

Live to Ride ... Again ! Wheelz
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 10:57 PM

i have a very close friend that was hit by a drunk driver a month before christmas. he had his daughter on the bike with him at the time. he lost his leg (just above the knee). she's still got hers... just... time will tell. the good news is that my mate is already back out and about on his trike. nothing will hold this guy back... not even amputation... he's an inspiration to others in similar circumstancess.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 11:07 AM

For 34 years I rode 2 up w/my late husband...now he is gone. I am disabled having lost 70% of my lung capacity. I use oxygen 24/7. I had to be in the wind so I got my endorsement and put myself out there. It is freakin hard but I will not give up. Also there is a trike conversion kit for my shadow for when my legs will no longer hold him up and I don't have the energy to do 2 wheels. When it is in our blood, our head, and our heart it is our life. I will ride until I am no longer breathing...
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 07:29 AM

deville write:
    After the crash , which way did you go ?

The Road Never Ends , lets tell em some die hard stories of the wind .

Live to Ride ... Again ! Wheelz

In my years of riding, I have had many crashes. In the 70s I raced bikes in Europe as an amiture. Crashes were part of the sport.
    I have been lucky, I never had any seriuos injury other than a broken bone or serious road rash. I'm a supporter of the wearing of dead animal skin and helmits. I'm a good rider, but I don't control the road suface.
    Surely the "Stupid Secture" of my brain has never been harmed.
    The cow bike in my profile came to be, after a 130mph low-side. Rebuilding it after the crass, was time for reflection.
    I have friends that have had crashes,then quit riding. Mainly cause it was thier uncontrolable inner self, they fear,not the bikes. Smart they chose to live.
    Like some people I now that were unable to ride again, I would be looking for another way to be out there.
    There's still alot for someone to be apart of in the world of motor cycles.
    When it's my turn to ride into the sunset. You can bet, I'll do it on a bike.
    Chkn