Gives advice....now needs some...Help! Romance

• View author's info Posted on Apr 06, 2005 at 05:59 PM

Hi everyone, here is my situation: I've been a member since Jan. 2005, kinda stumbled on it by accident. Seems to me I was getting more attention without a photo than i am with one (which I've recently posted due to request). I can be shy and do not like my photo taken, so it was a brave move for me. Anyway... Am I that bad looking? Is my profile not a good read? Am I not cut out for this site? Maybe I should put on my Levis, stradle a Harley and peek out at you from over a pair of sunglasses, maybe it's a mystery thing and my photo is to upclose and personal. Any hints, pointers, advice on what I'm doing wrong? PLease advise....THANKS!
  • 20Comments

• View author's info Posted on Apr 11, 2005 at 05:35 PM

Blondezilla, Falcon and Blondeharley girl & n5....Thanks! I've got family in Slidell, sometimes I think about moving back to Metarie, but I like living in Mobile.
    I DID go riding this weekend, No butterflies with the guy but loved the ride! Thanks again everyone for the great advise and postive comments. You are all WONDERFUL!! Hey, you could be called worse things than Barbie. You got it going on, sure to get lots of response from the guys. Bye!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 11, 2005 at 09:35 AM

Nodey's just trying to keep me to herself. Pity she keeps locking the door when I get there.....roflmao.

Roxie, the same things happen to all of us. It's either feast or famine. Been through it myself. You can spend a lot of time asking yourself what is wrong that you can't seem to attract any interest. Or you go through the 'if only they'd take the time to get to know me' phase. Using these forums help because people can watch your interaction and get an idea who you are. And changing pics can sometimes help (but not always). Patience and trust in yourself is going to be your biggest helpers. Don't doubt who you are or what you want. And don't settle for less than what you want. He's out there for you, when it is right, you'll find each other.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 10, 2005 at 10:24 PM

Roxie, you are beautiful..you have beautiful skin, beautiful eyes..and your eyes smile all on their own. When you need a lift..just holler..that's what we are all here for..
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 10, 2005 at 07:09 PM

catchme....Thanks so much, you made my eyes tear up, your words were so profound.
    Blondeharleygirl...Thanks also. I have learned that I DO NOT need a guy to complete me, the right one WILL add to what I already am. I guess we all have those low moments of doubt and self esteem. Whenever I'm having a down moment, I will look up this forum and re-read the words yall have typed for me... Thanks ladies....Guys, any input in this?
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2005 at 07:35 PM

Roxie
    believer of angels and all things spritual.. know this those men who disappeared... was God doing u a favor.
    just be still and listen.. what is ment to be will be..
    sometimes what we want isnt always whats best for us.. so just sit tight pretty irish girl whose eyes do smile... its a gonna happen!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2005 at 03:27 PM

Don't doubt yourself young lady...it's there sanity that is to be doubted. They did the wrong thing hon, not you.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2005 at 10:52 AM

Roxie...never ever doubt yourself..Never, never let a man shake your sense of self, take away your confidence. If they vanish into thin air, or make you feel less than worthy, they weren't the right man.
    The right man will never make you feel less, but will enhance what you already feel; you cannot expect or need a man to make you whole, that is for you to do, but a man can enhance that or not take away from what you already feel.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2005 at 10:02 AM

Roxie
    beauitful girl- irish eyes smiling - your beauitful inside and out, believe that. Dont change anything just be you
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2005 at 06:41 AM

If I'm not smiling in my photos, I'm smiling now!....Yall have made my day with such sweet comments. I think every woman that replied to my dilema is beautiful also, inside and out!
    I have had a couple of those guys that disappear into thin air, and it does make you doubt yourself. Thanks sooo much!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2005 at 05:22 PM

Roxie,you're a beautiful gal. Love yourself, and others won't able to help notice the beauty that you posess.

Oh...and that Falcon man...he's always telling people to smile in their pics...don't mind him.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2005 at 01:17 PM

Roxie, there is nothing wrong with your profile or photos, in fact from the comments that are in your profile that you do have a few admirers. Only thing you might do is include a couple photos of you with a big smile, or change your main photo with one of the others. Sometimes that makes a difference.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2005 at 01:04 PM

Roxie, everyone's right with all the adjectives they've used; you're pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, all those things. Your profile is also well written. Don't know what the guys are out doin'. They must be distracted right now. Or just dang blind and foolish.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2005 at 11:27 AM

Roxie,
    Not a thing wrong with you! Your very pretty & seem to have the personality to match. It's THEM!!
    Seems you & I both have the same problem! It must be where we're living! The guys in Alabama are not much on "pursuit"!
    Oh....and wait till you get some SOB who writes for WEEKS, has your interest up & then VANISHES! Spineless jellyfish that don't have the courage to just say, "hey sorry but I found someone/lost interest/live to far"...or SOME reasonable excuse.
    Don't let them cause you to doubt yourself sweetie. Your a great person, with much to offer. Your of high value to those who KNOW you. There's a guy out there with brain enough who'll understand your self worth & will invest the TIME to know you.
    Hang in there....don't give up hope!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2005 at 10:25 AM

Roxie - I go to NO every year for my work, but play just as hard as I work! French & Irish, huh - no wonder you are so pretty!

Yep - that's me under you baby! For now... And I took LV's advice & put my chaps picture up.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 07, 2005 at 11:17 PM

Roxie, I actually think your photo is quite nice, I think you are quite beautiful, and I think your photo is very poignant and very reflective and gives good insight to your personality. I wouldn't change a thing.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 07, 2005 at 06:40 PM

Thanks ladies for the support!
    You are all wonderful & beautiful!
    Irish eyes....Thanks for writing, sounds like you have a potential match going on with Kat. Good Luck!!
    I'm originally from New Orleans with French and Irish in my blood. You guys are great!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 07, 2005 at 04:56 PM

Roxie
    There is nothing wrong with your profile,and you are very nice looking. And Kat is that you below me on this page?
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 06, 2005 at 11:08 PM

LV is right Roxie - probably wrenching. You get a lot of guys checking you out when you are first new on a site. Been single for a few years & just found this one myself where I don't have to go through the BS of fending off guys that don't ride, because it doesn't fit my lifestyle. Haven't found anyone yet, but met a pair of eyes on another site that followed me here & hoping the Irish eyes will be smiling... whoo, lordy...

Kat
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 06, 2005 at 10:27 PM

Ask Doc, AKA bikerman, he'll set you straight. A pic in a set of chaps gets em every time. All kidding aside here, what these bk ladies are telling you is true. It goes in spurts. The weather does have a lot to do with it. Most are out catching wind. Be patient. And in the meantime you will have a great time making new friends. P.S. HarleyChick? I couldn't use the "e" word either. Isn't that unreal????