Expectations and Criteria Romance

• View author's info Posted on Mar 12, 2005 at 10:17 PM

A little story about expectations and criteria. This is a true story. My friend Andy back in ?90 was pretty content with his life, except for one thing. He wanted to find a good ?ol lady. Andy was a 6?2? ?ol style biker, not that pretty, but he could get women, you know, the skinny, busty, good-looking type; he rode a Harley after all, lol. Just couldn?t find his true love. Well, one day a friend's gf hooked him up with her friend. Next day I asked him how it went. He said, oh, she was nice but weighed like about 300 lbs. She was big --lovely and big. I said keep an open mind. He said maybe he should lower his expectations and change his criteria. Turned out they saw each other again and again. There was something about Maggie that just made him feel really good when he was with her. On her part, well, she?d never dated or even been around a guy like Andy. She had a college degree and was an executive with a large company. Never had been around bikers before. Andy was a hard-working, good man but not what she was used to, no college degree, no business suits. Seems she decided maybe she needed to lower her expectations and change her criteria. As it turned out they slowly fell deeply in love, got married and are still together. They became each other?s best friend and devoted spouse. Seems when they both ?lowered? their expectations and changed their criteris, they each found a great love. Or maybe they just opened their minds and hearts? Wonder how many people have passed by a great love because of expectations and criteria.:)
  • 49Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 26, 2005 at 12:32 AM

Yeah Eye, that inner beauty thing was just smooth talk in fine art form...too bad I've got brains and boobs and he has one less one night. Thanks for the assist and backup on naming him a stank pole cat, I like that! I changed his name to that in my cell so if he calls I can send to VM
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 25, 2005 at 05:24 AM

upstate--------you look fine girl....if his friends couldn't accept you, as they said, and he leaves, he really wasn't much of a man to start out with---god forbid something came up and you needed him for something, he would have to check with his friends first...don't you worrie none, there are alot of men here who will find your just right......
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2005 at 09:24 PM

eye don't be shy now !!!
    Cream from your jeans is what we are talking about scientific remedy....
    Where's my JuicyDuecey???...his (PHD) plans...Put Here Dang-it..BK censay!!!woohoo!!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2005 at 06:01 PM

Upstate I dont see any extra pounds. To say what he did is a cop out for sure. He must not be man enough to look a woman in the eye and tell her. There is better guys out there and you will find one Im sure of that. Smiles to you
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2005 at 01:47 PM

Squirrelette:

I've been told that a certain type of bodily secretion, when applied directly from the source, will go a long way towards clearing up a rash like mine. Hurry though, it's spreading.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2005 at 01:45 PM

Happy Cat:

It's taken you 47 years to figure us out???
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2005 at 07:30 AM

BHG--i read about your "dates", and how things ended up for you...you came out far ahead of them don't worrie--you are to pretty and intellegant for them...kind of on the same note, i met a guy on this site, and we hung out for a while, having a good time, and started getting pretty close and going places, but one thing interferred----hummmm---his wife---what a kick that was...i won't bash anyone, but he's listed as divorced/single.....if anyone up this way needs that info-you can e-mail me...oh, well---like you say back to business.......
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 23, 2005 at 01:50 PM

Eye wrot:

"Thanks, but I'm not going to limit myself by expecting that they be able to move. Besides, a set of jumper cables hooked up to the coil output will take care of that."
    You know, this gives credence to the saying that all a woman has to do is show up and the guy's ready. Heck, I'm startin' to think a woman doesn't need to show up at all. LOL
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 23, 2005 at 01:22 PM

BHG:

So much for the inner beauty, huh?
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 23, 2005 at 09:31 AM

Blondeharley, hang in there, girl. At least you found out he was a stank polecat after the first date. It'll get better. :)
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 23, 2005 at 06:28 AM

Hey Doc Squirrel here

now your sporting in the mix...
    bring on the competition!

Eye I've got just the thing for that rash=.)~
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 23, 2005 at 05:31 AM

Ok for some reason BK decided they didn't like that picture, so here's a more conventional one. Sorry guys that this puts your responses out of context, not my fault what can I do ?

(no idea what was so bad about it, I just don't look so great in the mornings B)
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 22, 2005 at 09:46 PM

Update on BHG's dating: Back to the dry spell, the nice, sensitive guy was, well, quite blunty a womanizing whore dog who apparently had one nite stands all over the state..but oh well, still had a nice date. Drought time again, BHG's back on dating auction.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 22, 2005 at 06:32 AM

And with that one new pic Zee puts all the rest of us guys out of business. How can we compete with that?

Man, my face muscles are starting to hurt.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 22, 2005 at 06:27 AM

Happy Cat:

Thanks, but I'm not going to limit myself by expecting that they be able to move. Besides, a set of jumper cables hooked up to the coil output will take care of that.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2005 at 11:54 AM

O'K' Zee Doc....
    will spell it out...
    we the lady's want to see a updated pic!
    Loco Duecey and Eye are sporting a new look...

Catch up!!=.)
    We Lady's like to shop!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2005 at 06:46 AM

Alright, Blondeharleygirl!!! Way to go. You're on a roll now,honey. Bet the drought is over for you. Glad you had a great time! Good for you for keeping an open mind. Whatever else may come, glad you had a good time.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2005 at 10:31 PM

Happykitty and all others, just wanted to update you all..I had ANOTHER date. WOW, TWO IN ONE YEAR! That is a RECORD, but Happykitty more to what you were saying, this would not have been someone that I probably would have chosen to go out with based on "looks", but I set that aside and got to know the personality a little better first, and the person is very warm, affectionate, sensitive, etc., and once I got to know his personality a little better, his "looks" became more attractive. Now whether or not anything more will come of it, hard to tell. But I had a great time, made a new friend.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2005 at 10:28 PM

I'm sorry, I thought most guys didn't really require brain waves, based on the eye candy they chose to date instead of bright, intelligent women...oh wait did I say that or did I think that??