What Makes or Breaks a Relationship? Message board

• View author's info Posted on Jun 02, 2005 at 06:53 PM

So Lets hear it all.. What to you Makes or Breaks your Relationships.???? Hmm.. Something from the past, Too aggressive, passive, lack of communication .. Posessive, Demanding, Controlling, lack of understanding.. Hell I could go on!!.. lol.. Just wondering thats all.. Seems like to me all the above.. depending on the person. Its like walking a tight rope nowadays to me! Should I or shouldn't I??? Dang this is confusing... Part of the Game... lol
  • 100Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 13, 2005 at 05:16 AM

chkn is right in sooooo many ways...

men & woman are wired so different.......and it is due to the chemicals and hormons that dictate how we feel at any given subject..(of course there is also the nurture aspect of how we feel, we are so different...and it should be celebrated and adapted to make up a well oiled working relationship....IF you take a lok at mother nature it will tell you so much about us...

birds: they will build a nest and adorn it with all kinds of wonderfull comforts all to attract a female....than she will come in and inspect it if it is good enough she will start rearranging the twigs and when she is finished they mate....some things are just innate and we can't change that...so use the differences to enjoy your relationship...
    when it come to apperance, the males will strut there stuff to show he is the best of the bunch...and males will be attracted to the female by what they think will produce perfect offspring.....so you can't blame men if they like big boobs...it is a signal to the male that she will be able to feed the babies.....it is all with-in the boundries of nature, and we can't change the core of who we are....so lets all just get along and celebrate the wonderfull differences we have.....and we need to stop trying to interpert the others feelings and needs and just communicate to each other what they are..aj
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 13, 2005 at 03:21 AM

blondeharleygirl write:

Gotta go thru OK to get there! YEEHAW..

You wouldn't try to divert me would ya?.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 12, 2005 at 07:08 PM

seeme1st write:

Gotta go thru OK to get there! YEEHAW..
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 10, 2005 at 10:56 AM

I would say it's when you realize that you cant trust the person you have choosen to be with. We all would like to think that the person we are with thinks as much of us as we do of them. Mutual respect for each party is a must. You have to be able to be confident and very honest in exactly what you r wanting from and expecting from the person in which you have choosen to begin a relationship with. If you dont then it won't ever be put out on the table for discussion and then one or the other party may get very emotionally damaged and this can cause problems for this party along time down the road in ever being able to trust another in a relationship. Love can be creul, and very blind. So please be honest with whom ever you should decide to begin a relationship with in the first place then no one gets hurt.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 09:48 AM

chkn write:

it is unfortunate that it takes each side time to learn these things--and yes communication is above all else

You really opened up a can of worms for me.
    I can only talk about the bumps I've run into. So here goes.

I never knew my partners brain was wired defferently.
    When I said I didn't care what color the bath room was gonna be. I didn't realize I did give my oppinion and should of kept my mouth shut when I didn't like.lol
    I know now, if I fall for a woman useing my weakness, contemp in her towards me shall follow.
    I never thought when I was starring at her hooters, to ask her if she liked fishing. LOL!!!
    I think alot of us forget that a woman is not, like a pet gerble that has the skills to polish crome.
    Ladies-If you do have a good man. Compromise does not mean. He'll have to learn to like Sheets with little flowers.
    Guys-a relationship is like a fine machine, it takes a little time off now and again to keep it running smoothly or else your ride will be over.
    Comunication.
    Guys feel they only have to say it once.
    Women think about things over and over, so guys it will never go away if you don't address it. Time to sit down, turn off the tv and talk, cause love doesn't have re-runs. Us guys brains are wired to focus forward, we are the hunters. Don't beleive me? Next time you are working on something and you are disturbed, check how you feel.
    Chkn

• View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 09:30 AM

softail1999 write:
    So Lets hear it all.. What to you Makes or Breaks your Relationships.???? Hmm.. Something from the past, Too aggressive, passive, lack of communication or sx.. Posessive, Demanding, Controlling, lack of understanding.. Hell I could go on!!.. lol.. Just wondering thats all.. Seems like to me all the above.. depending on the person. Its like walking a tight rope nowadays to me! Should I or shouldn't I??? Dang this is confusing... Part of the Game... lol

You really opened up a can of worms for me.
    I can only talk about the bumps I've run into. So here goes.

I never knew my partners brain was wired defferently.
    When I said I didn't care what color the bath room was gonna be. I didn't realize I did give my oppinion and should of kept my mouth shut when I didn't like.lol
    I know now, if I fall for a woman useing my weakness, contemp in her towards me shall follow.
    I never thought when I was starring at her hooters, to ask her if she liked fishing. LOL!!!
    I think alot of us forget that a woman is not, like a pet gerble that has the skills to polish crome.
    Ladies-If you do have a good man. Compromise does not mean. He'll have to learn to like Sheets with little flowers.
    Guys-a relationship is like a fine machine, it takes a little time off now and again to keep it running smoothly or else your ride will be over.
    Comunication.
    Guys feel they only have to say it once.
    Women think about things over and over, so guys it will never go away if you don't address it. Time to sit down, turn off the tv and talk, cause love doesn't have re-runs. Us guys brains are wired to focus forward, we are the hunters. Don't beleive me? Next time you are working on something and you are disturbed, check how you feel.
    Chkn
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 05:40 AM

speedyjerry write:

I believe in being direct and up front, now where the hell's CA? got to go fetch me a new Bride. Hope it ain't too far past Daytona.

• View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2005 at 05:23 AM

heritage99 write:
    LMAO. that didnt take long. Jerry, you need to hit up "do yo believe in love at first sight"!

I believe in being direct and up front, now where the hell's CA? got to go fetch me a new Bride. Hope it ain't too far past Daytona.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 08, 2005 at 10:55 PM

Sometimes, people just wanting different things breaks a relationship. I also see how much fear plays a part in not wanting to take things forward, especially with us older folks.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 08:24 PM

speedyjerry write:

Just Marry Me.

LMAO. that didnt take long. Jerry, you need to hit up "do yo believe in love at first sight"!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 07:16 PM

barb_wire000 write:
    Obviously it's the two people involved that break the deal! I don't believe for one moment that whatever someone has done to destroy what (seems) sacred, didn't have that intention somewhere in the back of their mind. Things happen. But I'm still hoping that it can "hold".

Just Marry Me.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 03:22 AM

blondeharleygirl write:

I believe I would prefer the other clicking too, having had both types..

Gotta admit, the ones that wave the gun at ya are usually more exciting.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 11:17 PM

softail1999 write:

Personally I like the Other CLICKING sound Better... Sorry BK for knocking you on that dam clicking...

I believe I would prefer the other clicking too, having had both types..
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 08:55 PM

In a nutshell: honesty, respect, happiness and great secks!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 07:27 PM

blondeharleygirl write:

Twist it the other way Jerry...and I don't really think it was love..

Personally I like the Other CLICKING sound Better... Sorry BK for knocking you on that dam clicking...
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 07:03 PM

speedyjerry write:
    "ROFLMFAO...Wrong kind of clicking...
    this would be the kind of clicking you hear as the hammer is pulled back..."..
    That's when a man first knows ya'll really love us cause if you didn't, you wouldn't want to kill us.

Twist it the other way Jerry...and I don't really think it was love..
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 05:05 PM

BlondeCoyotee write:
    what's up with the clicking sound? what's the sense of clicking and then runnning for cover? personally if I click with someone I prefer to stand my ground and see what happens. there is no greater pain than rejection, no longer lasting effect than failure, but I'd rather experience the living and the feeling of it all than die in hiding. you all know what I'm talking about...you're here - aren't you? hope is that feathered thing that sings in our soul and never stops. Ever.

Now that's a smart & together woman.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 03:57 PM

seeme1st write:

Angel

unfortunately we/ve all been there---mine was a couple of yrs ago--but an 8 mth relationship!!!!!

it takes time to get over--but i have to look at it this way---it adds to who i am(don't ask me how)but we have to think postively or we''ll just want to hibernate and give up

the one big think i learned from my MOM was to pick myself up and put my boots on and get on with life!!!!put the smile on my face--they are contagious and when they are on the outside they work there way inside and i feel better

peace

Seeme, I agree with your mom...only I say " Pull up your big girl panties, and stop whining" lol...same thing, only different.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 06:08 AM

angelrider800 write:

Leila...you just wrote my bio...

Angel

unfortunately we/ve all been there---mine was a couple of yrs ago--but an 8 mth relationship!!!!!

it takes time to get over--but i have to look at it this way---it adds to who i am(don't ask me how)but we have to think postively or we''ll just want to hibernate and give up

the one big think i learned from my MOM was to pick myself up and put my boots on and get on with life!!!!put the smile on my face--they are contagious and when they are on the outside they work there way inside and i feel better

peace