MEMORIAL DAY Message board

• View author's info Posted on May 29, 2005 at 05:10 AM

OK What happened to the post yesterday?? Are we not allowed to thank those that are protecting our country or those that have passed allowing us to use this site?? I hope that it pops back up and just fell in a computer glitch. If not, then are the ones operating BK not proud to be free? Not thankful for the men and women who are fighting to allow them to get our money?? Please someone help me out! I being a veteran am glad that someone else has relieved the watch and is allowing me to sit here and surf this site.
  • 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 31, 2005 at 12:10 PM

GEORGIAGIRL445 write:
    I put one out yesterday let me see if I can do it again and not get it removed.

I would like everyone to stop and pause for a moment and take time to say a prayer for our service men and women that are fighting for us today so that we can be allowed to sit here and peruse the site looking for companions and friends. Let us also take the time to remember those who are no longer with us that have died giving us our freedom. There are several on this site that are members that are over there now that need remembering and sending them a brief note is greatly appreciated. I know as a veteran that any news from home is very much welcomed. Those of you over there allowing me to sit in my home and surf this site - THANK YOU FOR RELIEVING THE WATCH. Keep your head up and come home soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

You said all sister. A great big thanks to our troops.

Did anyone see the guy from Rolling Thunder who went up against the CIA and President Bush? This guy proved they know where the POW's are. Keep it up brother!!!! We haven't forgotten them.
  • View author's info Posted on May 31, 2005 at 06:07 AM

Eye_m_no_angel write:
    "My death will mean nothing if you stop now. I know it'll be hard, but I gave my life so you could live, not just live, but live free," Louisiana National Guard Sgt. Michael Evans wrote in a letter home, to be opened only in the event of his death. Sgt. Evans died Jan. 28 while on patrol in western Baghdad, part of a major security operation to protect the first free Iraqi elections in more than 50 years.

There's one for y'all to remember.

Thanks Eye! Unfortunately, there's so many more to be remembered! Thank God and the powers that be for the ones that return home to us all! Past, and present, for sure!
    Angel
  • View author's info Posted on May 30, 2005 at 09:08 PM

"My death will mean nothing if you stop now. I know it'll be hard, but I gave my life so you could live, not just live, but live free," Louisiana National Guard Sgt. Michael Evans wrote in a letter home, to be opened only in the event of his death. Sgt. Evans died Jan. 28 while on patrol in western Baghdad, part of a major security operation to protect the first free Iraqi elections in more than 50 years.

There's one for y'all to remember.
  • View author's info Posted on May 30, 2005 at 08:24 PM

You said it girl!
  • View author's info Posted on May 30, 2005 at 05:55 AM

GEORGIAGIRL445 write:

I would like everyone to stop and pause for a moment and take time to say a prayer for our service men and women that are fighting for us today so that we can be allowed to sit here and peruse the site looking for companions and friends. Let us also take the time to remember those who are no longer with us that have died giving us our freedom. There are several on this site that are members that are over there now that need remembering and sending them a brief note is greatly appreciated. I know as a veteran that any news from home is very much welcomed. Those of you over there allowing me to sit in my home and surf this site - THANK YOU FOR RELIEVING THE WATCH. Keep your head up and come home soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

AMEN!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 30, 2005 at 05:04 AM

• View author's info Posted on May 30, 2005 at 03:23 AM

My sentiments exactly. It hit the news here ie. memorial day, on oz tv,and i thank everyone there for helping us here too.
  • View author's info Posted on May 29, 2005 at 07:48 AM

GEORGIAGIRL445 write:
    OK What happened to the post yesterday?? Are we not allowed to thank those that are protecting our country or those that have passed allowing us to use this site?? I hope that it pops back up and just fell in a computer glitch. If not, then are the ones operating BK not proud to be free? Not thankful for the men and women who are fighting to allow them to get our money?? Please someone help me out! I being a veteran am glad that someone else has relieved the watch and is allowing me to sit here and surf this site.

They better put it back not often I take anything serious....and the people that keep us safe is serious!!!!

come on BK this isn't funny