Is there really a MR RIGHT OUT THERE Relationship

• View author's info Posted on Dec 05, 2005 at 08:17 AM

can someone tell me is there really the right guy out there for u??? geez what happened to the GOOD MEN?hehe...hate the dating scene. oh well lifes a biotch...lol...anyway anyone seen mr.right let me know lol
  • 35Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 11, 2005 at 07:08 PM

Shorty,
    That was very well put. You said alot what I feel but struggle with putting words to them. Thank You.
    Spyder
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 11, 2005 at 12:38 PM

couldnt agree with you more ShortyT8...think you read my mind..........but you saved me a whole lot of typing.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2005 at 03:18 PM

ShortyT8 write:
    Thanks Weenie : )

I know my lessons were hard learned, if they can benefit others in any way - they have purpose : ) I wish everyone well on their pursuit of Mr. or Ms. Right! We'll all get there.
    And BK let's us meet those we wouldn't otherwise.

But I want to add input on what happened to Roxie. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think we all need to be aware of overly investing our hearts before actually meeting in person.

Yes, you can fall in love with a man's mind and his ideology, but NOTHING will work without the chemistry that only comes eye to eye. If we make close internet connections, it's best to keep them as "good friends" until meeting. I've experienced that - talked several times a day, connected mentally, but when we met? Zero chemistry on my end. Poof! That was ok...because I had held him as a "friend" as he remains today.

As perfect as he seems before meeting, you'll never know until eyes connect.

And that all important first kiss ; )

Protect our hearts as best we can, don't jump too fast? : )

ShortyT8

Girl, I wish you wrote this two months ago. A-fukin-men!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2005 at 10:57 AM

Ya there is a Mr. Right and I found him right here!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 12:14 PM

Thanks Weenie : )

I know my lessons were hard learned, if they can benefit others in any way - they have purpose : ) I wish everyone well on their pursuit of Mr. or Ms. Right! We'll all get there.
    And BK let's us meet those we wouldn't otherwise.

But I want to add input on what happened to Roxie. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think we all need to be aware of overly investing our hearts before actually meeting in person.

Yes, you can fall in love with a man's mind and his ideology, but NOTHING will work without the chemistry that only comes eye to eye. If we make close internet connections, it's best to keep them as "good friends" until meeting. I've experienced that - talked several times a day, connected mentally, but when we met? Zero chemistry on my end. Poof! That was ok...because I had held him as a "friend" as he remains today.

As perfect as he seems before meeting, you'll never know until eyes connect.

And that all important first kiss ; )

Protect our hearts as best we can, don't jump too fast? : )

ShortyT8
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 11:24 AM

Thanks BB : )

I've been on the site for months but have never before checked out forum. What a great avenue for communication, support and exchange of thought!

ShortyT8
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 10:57 AM

ST8, what a wonderful and true statement, thank you for sharing your insight, there is a lot I hope to be able to adapt into my thinking.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 08:23 AM

ShortyT8 write:
    Mr. Right? : ) Yes, he is elusive. But in fairness to him, to them .... how many men have you taken into your heart, who changed your perspective who enabled you to grow in your insight and view? If we can understand that men simply are wired differently than women ... maybe we can break down the communication walls that isolate and finally break us. Yes, when we split, they're dogs! But are they? Or are we hearts misaligned? No, they don't bow out as gracefully as women, but hell! They're men : )

I think for the most part we're all looking for the same thing, but looking for our soulmate is like searching for a needle in a haystack, with one eye. It takes TIME to find the ONE, but he is well worth the wait, isn't he? As for the rest? However it ended, if he touched your heart as no one else has, if he still has a piece of your heart, if his memory can NOW make you smile ... wasn't he worth your while? All that doesn't kill us makes us stronger, yes? If they leave you with something you didn't have before, feel blessed. He likely wanted his soulmate as much as you do yours, but if you're not meant to be it's fate that you both move on.

Why is it great in the beginning? HOPE. We all have it and so does he. Life, reality, stress, conflict and most importantly, bad communication, gets in the way. If he made a promise he likely meant it at the time. But life is a changing cycle, like the movement of the ocean... it's always changing. It can change with a wind, it can change on a word. But if you hold in your heart the beauty of each relationship you've had...however fleeting ..... at the end of the day, you'll know you WERE truly loved. If even for a moment in time, you were loved. And know that even if he was weak, even if he failed you badly, he likely holds you in his heart today. Because the moments you've shared are special and belong to only the two of you. There is so much trust and intimacy in that. Would you give up what you HAD? I wouldn't. And I LEARN from the bad so there's good in that too.

OK sounds too easy right? Well, I recently was disappointed by my last Mr. Right. And yes, I was not happy. But I understood (in time) that he did the best he could and he touched my heart sooo deeply, he gave me insight, emotion and a touching of souls I would not have experienced without him. THAT is what I take with me, not his failings. He was weak, but his heart WAS true. And what he instilled in me when it was GOOD occupies a piece of my heart that is only his, forever. And vice versa. We may never speak again, but if our eyes met on a crowded street, we'd both KNOW. And that is what they give us. Life is a series of moments. Keep the good ones close to your heart and NEVER let the bad ones over shadow the ones that make you feel loved, if you let them. Even if he was the biggest dog in the end, he likely had his own reasons, often seated in his own insecurities and demons. His perspective was different than yours. But if you end? Never let him make it about you if it wasn't. Keep your head high and don't absorb his guilt.

They're all Mr. Right for awhile ... embrace that.

What makes a REAL Mr. Right? Commitment, backbone, balls and staying power. Each and every potential Mr. Right could have been the real deal...if he had these qualities. Realtionships aren't fairy tales and they don't always have happy endings. But that doesn't mean he wasn't a prince. Men and women just think and react differently to the same circumstances. We're biologically wired differently. Once you TRULY understand that .. you have the key to the universe and the strategy to KEEP your next Mr. Right.

Relationships are hard work, they don't come easily as nothing of worth does. Find the man who's willing to invest as much as YOU are? He will be your Mr. Right. It's all about 100% and good communication is key.

I haven't found my Mr. Right ... but all of the Mr. Wrongs have given me the insight, knowledge, empathy and understanding NEEDED once I meet him. I think things happen for reasons and God won't present you with Mr. Right until you've learned the lessons necessary to keep him.

That at least : ) is my hope.

It is indeed a pleasure to read the words of one who has understanding of not only herself, but of life.
    As I've not seen you post before, I bid you welcome and thank you for your words.
    BB
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 08:21 AM

Roxie0215 write:
    One of the good things about an LDR is that you get to know the inner person, you get to touch on every subject imaginable and you form a bond, a connection of souls.

I thought I did that with the guy I connected with on here, but then when we finally met a few months later, it was a disaster. . . not to mention a monumental waste of time. But I predict your and Weenie's situation will go much, much better.

PS. Ok, after reading the post above mine, maybe it WASN'T a monumental waste of time after all. . .
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 05:06 AM

Shorty....Wow, you should publish that in a little book. Great insight.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 03:54 AM

Mr. Right? : ) Yes, he is elusive. But in fairness to him, to them .... how many men have you taken into your heart, who changed your perspective who enabled you to grow in your insight and view? If we can understand that men simply are wired differently than women ... maybe we can break down the communication walls that isolate and finally break us. Yes, when we split, they're dogs! But are they? Or are we hearts misaligned? No, they don't bow out as gracefully as women, but hell! They're men : )

I think for the most part we're all looking for the same thing, but looking for our soulmate is like searching for a needle in a haystack, with one eye. It takes TIME to find the ONE, but he is well worth the wait, isn't he? As for the rest? However it ended, if he touched your heart as no one else has, if he still has a piece of your heart, if his memory can NOW make you smile ... wasn't he worth your while? All that doesn't kill us makes us stronger, yes? If they leave you with something you didn't have before, feel blessed. He likely wanted his soulmate as much as you do yours, but if you're not meant to be it's fate that you both move on.

Why is it great in the beginning? HOPE. We all have it and so does he. Life, reality, stress, conflict and most importantly, bad communication, gets in the way. If he made a promise he likely meant it at the time. But life is a changing cycle, like the movement of the ocean... it's always changing. It can change with a wind, it can change on a word. But if you hold in your heart the beauty of each relationship you've had...however fleeting ..... at the end of the day, you'll know you WERE truly loved. If even for a moment in time, you were loved. And know that even if he was weak, even if he failed you badly, he likely holds you in his heart today. Because the moments you've shared are special and belong to only the two of you. There is so much trust and intimacy in that. Would you give up what you HAD? I wouldn't. And I LEARN from the bad so there's good in that too.

OK sounds too easy right? Well, I recently was disappointed by my last Mr. Right. And yes, I was not happy. But I understood (in time) that he did the best he could and he touched my heart sooo deeply, he gave me insight, emotion and a touching of souls I would not have experienced without him. THAT is what I take with me, not his failings. He was weak, but his heart WAS true. And what he instilled in me when it was GOOD occupies a piece of my heart that is only his, forever. And vice versa. We may never speak again, but if our eyes met on a crowded street, we'd both KNOW. And that is what they give us. Life is a series of moments. Keep the good ones close to your heart and NEVER let the bad ones over shadow the ones that make you feel loved, if you let them. Even if he was the biggest dog in the end, he likely had his own reasons, often seated in his own insecurities and demons. His perspective was different than yours. But if you end? Never let him make it about you if it wasn't. Keep your head high and don't absorb his guilt.

They're all Mr. Right for awhile ... embrace that.

What makes a REAL Mr. Right? Commitment, backbone, balls and staying power. Each and every potential Mr. Right could have been the real deal...if he had these qualities. Realtionships aren't fairy tales and they don't always have happy endings. But that doesn't mean he wasn't a prince. Men and women just think and react differently to the same circumstances. We're biologically wired differently. Once you TRULY understand that .. you have the key to the universe and the strategy to KEEP your next Mr. Right.

Relationships are hard work, they don't come easily as nothing of worth does. Find the man who's willing to invest as much as YOU are? He will be your Mr. Right. It's all about 100% and good communication is key.

I haven't found my Mr. Right ... but all of the Mr. Wrongs have given me the insight, knowledge, empathy and understanding NEEDED once I meet him. I think things happen for reasons and God won't present you with Mr. Right until you've learned the lessons necessary to keep him.

That at least : ) is my hope.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2005 at 06:30 PM

mspyder write:
    After a while I wonder to myself what does Mr. Right mean. I also wonder is there a "Right" woman out there. I beat myself up everytime a relationship or just dating deal doesn't work out, but I have to look at also in the past 10 years I have not really hit it off with someone. I mean ya, when you first meet someone but in my my case massive red flags, ya know? I keep getting told to stop looking and it will find me, now what the he** does that mean? I hope this makes sense.
    Spyder

Spyder,
    Take it one day at a time. I was ready to quit and go away. Then there was a ph*ne call. She traced me down.
    Once we met and got to know each other (always tell the truth here), it got easier. Yes there is a "testing" period for both. Yes it is he*ll. Have patience bro.
    I was full of self doubt. And I couldnt figure out what I did wrong.
    Turns out the only thing I did wrong was thinking I did something wrong and doubting myself.
    Hang tough, once you find her, you will know it. Better than that, she will know before you!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2005 at 06:23 PM

Yes.
    There is a Mr.Right for all you girls. Just like there is a Ms. Right for the guys.
    As for us, we are fine and making it work. It's slow sometimes, but what can you expect, a puzzle that comes already put together?
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2005 at 10:14 AM

That's OK. I bet I will meet Ms. Right when in NY. In person is soooooooooooo much better.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2005 at 10:12 AM

bunnyblast write:
    can someone tell me is there really the right guy out there for u??? geez what happened to the GOOD MEN?hehe...hate the dating scene. oh well lifes a biotch...lol...anyway anyone seen mr.right let me know lol

Hi bunny. I keep telling you ladies that I am trying to meet Ms. Right. But all I hear is just wait. Well, I am doing that but sometimes you have to act.
    B
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2005 at 05:07 AM

Bigbear2000 write:
    and so as yu sit there sratching you head and deciding who/what you eek; of a sudden it hits you. Then, in your excitement over your new discovery you start looking in all the wrong places.
    For instance, say you want a good Christian. Chances of finding one in a bar are pretty slim. Like we say in prospecting; "If you want gold, go to where the gold is and start looking." : )
    Seeme, you and a couple other ladies here, never cease to amaze me with your wisdom.

((((((((((Bear))))))))))
    and look who is calling the kettle black!!!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2005 at 03:36 AM

jjgeorgiapeach write:
    Weenie...You are the sheet g/f....Love ya...

why thank ya JJ, I may be de sheet, but you is da bomb!!! loves ya!!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2005 at 03:34 AM

Roxie0215 write:
    Weenie....You are absolutly right on in what you wrote. I'm so happy for you, I wish you didnt have to wait a few more months. I'm nervous and excited baout my guy flying in on Friday!!
    One of the good things about an LDR is that you get to know the inner person, you get to touch on every subject imaginable and you form a bond, a connection of souls. Then when you meet face to face it's like......well...I'll tell ya on Monday!

oh man....I gotta wait till Monday!!! LOL, just kidding Roxie!!! I will be saying lots of prayers!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 06, 2005 at 10:23 PM

and so as yu sit there sratching you head and deciding who/what you eek; of a sudden it hits you. Then, in your excitement over your new discovery you start looking in all the wrong places.
    For instance, say you want a good Christian. Chances of finding one in a bar are pretty slim. Like we say in prospecting; "If you want gold, go to where the gold is and start looking." : )
    Seeme, you and a couple other ladies here, never cease to amaze me with your wisdom.