A month ago Scarlett was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma after we had a couple lumps removed from her chest. At the time, we were hoping that we had removed it all, but we noticed a spot on her lung that we needed to watch. We x-rayed again in 2 weeks and there was not any growth in the spot. About a week later, I noticed another tiny lump in her chest. We decided to have it removed the next Friday when we were going to x-ray again. The operation went fine, except the x-ray revealed the spot on the lung had grown 50% in 2 weeks. The Vet is suggesting chemotherapy with adriamycin. It's really nasty stuff. The Vet suggested we move fast, since it grew so fast. I am going to consult an oncologist early next week to see if there are any other options before I put her through this horrible drug. If anyone knows of any other treatment, please let me know.
Just an update for some people that have e-mailed me. She currently is eating salmon, steak, raw chicken, bacon, etc, all the foods that she wants. She is also receiving Reiki massage treatments. I am going to make sure that when it is her time, she will go out fat and happy.
I just got back from the Vet. We did ultrasound of her heart. The Chemo did some damage to her heart. So Chemo is no longer a choice we have. They have no other viable treatment available. He gave her as short as 4 weeks before she would struggle and the quality of her life would deteriorate to the point of doing the humane thing. Thank you for all the support and support e-mails that many people sent me.
Today was supposed to be Scarlett's 2nd chemo treatment. There was side effects from the 1st treatment that did not show up until now. X-Rays revealed that the chemo did not work, another tumor has developed. She may have 2 months to live unless we can find another treatment. If anyone has heard of an legitament treatment please let me know ASAP. I have enough information on un-proven backyard treatments.
Scarlett had her 1st chemotherapy session today. It went really good. She was comforted by two Vet tech's while the vet inserted the IV. She sat quietly and did not get sick or have any side effects. When I picked her up, she came running with her tail waging all the way. I can not even tell anything was done to her, we had to wait for some paperwork in the waiting room and she went strait to the snack jar, where she ate some treats. We blood test next week and then do chemo in 3 weeks. After that, we will x-ray to see if the cancer has stopped growing. So far it could not have started better.