Home > Biker Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > to all ladies i need you help! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
to all ladies i need you help!
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 20:05

i am wondering if a bike shop that caters more to women would work. if you could please drop me a line at the e-mail at the end of this. i am thinking of opening a shop that caters more to the women rider. please give me any comments of how you have been treated or would you like someone that can set up or build a bike to your liking. im just trying to get ideas so i can open my own custom bike shop. so to any and all women please help.
thanks much.

brian
vtwingearhead2000@yahoo.com

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 25, 2005 07:37

wideopenharley write:
i am wondering if a bike shop that caters more to women would work. if you could please drop me a line at the e-m*ail at the end of this. i am thinking of opening a shop that caters more to the women rider. please give me any comments of how you have been treated or would you like someone that can set up or build a bike to your liking. im just trying to get ideas so i can open my own custom bike shop. so to any and all women please help.
thanks much.

brian

OMG! What a great idea! Wish you were here in LA. Big city to set up something like what you spoke of! I have been going nutz trying to find a bike for myself: 5'2". And, clothes are a problem also. I would love to be able to go into a store that also has clothing that is from other companies besides Harley. A bunch of the stuff I get from there is made in third world countries, has to be hand washed in cold water, and laid flat to dry. What a bunch of chit that is. Harley then charges top dollar for womens clothes that some slave made for 10 cents a day. All American promoted-give me the money reality.
I also want to get some gear that is more protective gear in beautiful colors. I have been dreaming about designing and selling gear for women.
It's a big undertaking and needs a healthy backing of cash to get something like that going, so I dream on...
Dd

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 26, 2005 21:04

harleydragon write:
I have several friends with motorcycle shops. Some of them also sell clothing. It is so expensive to carry all the different designs as well as all the different sizes that they try to minimize the amount that won't sell by carrying only the most popular styles and sizes. Thats probably why some sizes are hard to find..

Which is why I order from Victoria's Secret...or my local Harley Shop, when they order I get to look at the catalog and pick a couple of things out that I like..and they order some of what I like and yes, I do have some black harley halters with built in bra liners.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 26, 2005 21:01

Nodey write:

likitoutdoors write:

gothic_biker_hippie write:
One of the things I've been very disappointed in is clothing. All of the cute little Harley and Chopper tank tops with spaghetti straps are made to fit flat-chested women. They would look much better on us well-endowed women. Where can we get the sexy tops?

I am with you goth when it comes to us busty woman you can forget finding anything cute... woiuld be very interested... oh that would be a great line of clothes... my mind is a turning now...

Try Halter tops gals. They are sexy too.

With built in bra liners please...in darker colors please...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 26, 2005 09:40

LadyB04 write:

And that's where my store comes in!
YOU GIT EM RIDIN AND I'LL GIT EM LOOOKIN GOOOD!!!!

Keep us posted Lady, the bike association I belong to has many female members that are always looking for new and original stuff.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 20:58

hey nodey... halter tops sure can hold it all in a lot better... thanks for reminding me...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 18:56

likitoutdoors write:

One of the things I've been very disappointed in is clothing. All of the cute little Harley and Chopper tank tops with spaghetti straps are made to fit flat-chested women. They would look much better on us well-endowed women. Where can we get the sexy tops?

I am with you goth when it comes to us busty woman you can forget finding anything cute... woiuld be very interested... oh that would be a great line of clothes... my mind is a turning now...

Try Halter tops gals. They are sexy too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 15:33

Go to ironindian dot com and click merchandise. We sell all sizes. Another is store dot imcfulfillment dot com.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 15:03

Ummmmm... excuse me, but us "little bitty ti**y" girls look pretty damn cute in those tiny tanks... even if I DO say so myself... hahahahaha

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 14:53

I have several friends with motorcycle shops. Some of them also sell clothing. It is so expensive to carry all the different designs as well as all the different sizes that they try to minimize the amount that won't sell by carrying only the most popular styles and sizes. Thats probably why some sizes are hard to find..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 10:54

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 09:33

You're right!! If I find any linx for that I'll let ya know

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 09:28

LadyB04 write:
Can I get you something in black..... leather!?!

Um, ah, Please???

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 09:04

harleydragon write:
hahaha....I know thats right..most of them own more apparel with harley on it a week after they get their bike than I have owned all the years I have been riding. We have little jokes regarding that but I will be nice to dodge all the hate m a i l

Dayumm Dragon, I have outgrown all my old biker shirts, I keep them with the hope of turning them into pillows some day.
It's rare to see me in a biker shirt anymore.
Seperates me from the rest!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 06:25

LadyB04 write:

harleydragon write:
hahaha....I know thats right..most of them own more apparel with harley on it a week after they get their bike than I have owned all the years I have been riding. We have little jokes regarding that but I will be nice to dodge all the hate m a i l

Can I get you something in black..... leather!?!

sure.....you

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 05:56

75% of the floor space at my local Harley Dealer is clothing, they have a huge park out back and have benefits of some kind every other weekend. When you go inside the little kids are climbing all over the scooters while mom and dad are shopping for more clothes.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 16, 2005 06:47

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 16, 2005 06:41

Yes....dragon..he does sell that...because he is the HARLEY dealership...custom shops are not the magnets for retail that the Harley Dealer that forgot who got him where he is today...is....every prep that picked up their bike last week is going to outfit themselves...LOL..and you know it...as far as parts...i will write directly to you about what you are doing and what you have...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 16, 2005 06:32

anyone interested in harley parts get in touch. I don't sell t-shirts or anything like that but anymore that is a big market too. My local HD dealer tells me that he averages nearly $20,000 a month in t-shirt sales

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 16, 2005 06:31

Brain..you want advice from one that knows...start looking into your suppliers..your limits to buy..you need alot of capitol...and trust me..the reason women do not get great service in the front room is because we are so damn busy in the back keeping everyone on the road....you need an EXCEPTIONAL paint/airbrush man..that will bring in the business...LOl..sorry..I will take selling a 35,000.00 masrterpiece over thousands and thousands of pieces of womens apparal...it is a business..treat it like one.Let the harley dealership sell the little stuff.