Home > Biker Forums > Friends > WHY I LOVE WISCONSIN.. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
WHY I LOVE WISCONSIN..
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 14:03

smile2005 write:

stillme67 write:
my kids love cheese curds! u can't get them here. or at least i haven't been able to find them.

Want me to m ail you some?

yes please! you just let me know what it costs and i'll send ya the dough.
hey i think i found me a curd dealer. honest i can quit any time i want.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 12:52

stillme67 write:
my kids love cheese curds! u can't get them here. or at least i haven't been able to find them.

Want me to m ail you some?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 10:56

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 19:36

I have lived in Upstate NY, wintered over in Alaska and was two years in Madison, WI. I have never been colder than in Madison. It was one the only place I've been, that they had someone go around and knock the dogs loose from fire hydrants in winter. : ) But some of the nicest people live there..why? Because misery loves company! LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 07:09

Ode to a Cheesecurd

Keep your Fontina, Your Boursin, your brie. But save, if you will, The fair cheesecurd for me.

Here's why. The cheesecurd is the Maria Callas of dairy. What other gelatinous globule of mostly milk protein sings? A Gouda will yield, a Parmesan shrink dryly away at the moment of truth, but a truly fresh cheesecurd will unlock its golden throat and release a glorious squeak. Some curds have a soprano voice, others a dusky contralto. The joy lies in the discovery. Like a freshwater pearl, every cheesecurd has its own shape. No knife has coerced the curd to a faceless block known by number and a weight. The cheesecurd is allowed to bloom, to spread, and to express itself as no other curdled comestible. In a single bag you might find the pyramids of Egypt or the tip of the Door. And yet, despite its many delights, the cheesecurd's chief claim to fame is its taste, its salty savor at home next to a pinot or a pint. Both modest and sublime. Like Wisconsin.

~Veronica Rueckert