Home > Biker Forums > Relationship > The secret glue that keeps relationships alive is... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
The secret glue that keeps relationships alive is...
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 11:42

Seeme, your right, don't stoop to someone's level if all they can concentrate on is looks, it seems that most comments are suppose to be perceived as humorous just in fact aren't. Someone also tries very hard to be the center of attention. There are a lot of shallow and I mean very shallow people in our world today, it is best just to ignore them and eventually, they go away.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 11:00

speedyjerry write:

TNBrowneyes write:
Jerry, are you in one of your sour moods today?

ME............SOUR MOOD?.............
............NEVER.......lol. Cant ride, can't work, can't race, raining, bored, trying to get her to wrestle with me a little but she puzzed out, reckon I got too difficult for her...........

i'm not into verbally bantering with anyone who implies that i am a moran!!!!! soooooooooo too much for me--not--just not worth it--i respect myself to go to that level

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 10:53

speedyjerry write:
"if appearance mattered then when the man goes bald or gets the beer belly we woman would be out the door"...........
Well Cupcake, if you got a "Beer Belly" after being with me I might be out the door too. Appearance is a state of mind, the whole picture, how one percieves their partner, style and grace, freshness, keeping fit, smiling, that special look in the eye. Some want a partner they can look forward to seeing every day after work, some quit caring about the things that attracted them originally and let the magic slip away. I have always called my lady after work to ask if she needed anything on my way home and they have always appreciated the heads up call.

if the only thing that attracks someone to me is my body--what a shame--yes initally physical appearance is there butttttt if a person doesn't have the ability to hold a converstation with me on a somewhat mature level they will lose my interest completely--no matter what the looks
i have a bain and that is what i want someone to love because that is who i am the bod is a shell

and i have dated guys that aren't small by any stretch of the word yet they are beautful people--that is what counts

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 09:57

TNBrowneyes write:

ME............SOUR MOOD?.............
............NEVER.......lol. Cant ride, can't work, can't race, raining, bored, trying to get her to wrestle with me a little but she puzzed out, reckon I got too difficult for her...........

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 09:44

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 09:24

"i have a bain "......................
.................DUH..................
..............WTF is that?............

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 07:52

It's a real shame none a ya'll got a clue wtf I said.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 07:35

jerry, i agree with everyone here, except you....go figure...if you judge a relationsip on the physical, i am sorry to tell you this, but i am afraid you just might end up a lonely old soul....we all age, and change according to that age, and if one doesn't have the ability to look inside at the heart and soul-how do you expect the outside to remain beautiful....as one love the other more they become more beautiful in their eyes...try it jerry, i think you might suprize yourself on just how happy you could be......

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 06:06

Smile
This was great. There are so many guys that are shallow. They forget that it is in the heart and soul. That you need to have that friendship, because when it is all said and done, that friendship and unconditional love is what it is all about. I know I want to end up with my best friend.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 05:42

For me, honesty and trust are the two most important once you get past the initial attraction phase. You have to actually like each other also, be able to laugh and cry together. That trust though, if you ever see that violated, that's a sign you're sure to get hurt.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 02:48

"if appearance mattered then when the man goes bald or gets the beer belly we woman would be out the door"...........
Well Cupcake, if you got a "Beer Belly" after being with me I might be out the door too. Appearance is a state of mind, the whole picture, how one percieves their partner, style and grace, freshness, keeping fit, smiling, that special look in the eye. Some want a partner they can look forward to seeing every day after work, some quit caring about the things that attracted them originally and let the magic slip away. I have always called my lady after work to ask if she needed anything on my way home and they have always appreciated the heads up call.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 21:10

Verdaineg wrote:
"Your relationships will end speedily if you are only into appearance. Appearance changes over time. I agree with seeme. It is what is in the heart that lasts. The heart never changes, appearances can change by the minute. What is in the heart lasts forever.
Dane"

Wow, you know, I hadn't been reading or posting on the forum for a while, but there are some really cool guys like you and Bigbear2000 posting on here these days. It's nice to have y'all's caliber of men posting on here. Not that there weren't some pretty awesome guys on here before, some of them were. But I really am enjoying some of the posts from men I don't remember being here from when I was active before. Cheers to all you men of depth and character.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 20:59

seeme1st write:

speedyjerry write:
The "Secret Glue" is appearance I think. If one doesn't stay attractive to the eye it ain't gonna last after the lust.

i think that unconditional love is the glue--size or shape shouldn't matter!!!!! if appearance mattered then when the man goes bald or gets the beer belly we woman would be out the door--so speedy the coin has 2 sides--and if you asked me when i was in my 20's i may have agreed--but to me what is in the heart matters more than the cover

there are tooooo many health issues that can affect appearance and i wouldn't be with a man who bases everything on appearance

Speedy.. Your relationships will end speedily if you are only into appearance. Appearance changes over time. I agree with seeme. It is what is in the heart that lasts. The heart never changes, appearances can change by the minute. What is in the heart lasts forever.
Dane

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 19:44

speedyjerry write:
The "Secret Glue" is appearance I think. If one doesn't stay attractive to the eye it ain't gonna last after the lust.

i think that unconditional love is the glue--size or shape shouldn't matter!!!!! if appearance mattered then when the man goes bald or gets the beer belly we woman would be out the door--so speedy the coin has 2 sides--and if you asked me when i was in my 20's i may have agreed--but to me what is in the heart matters more than the cover

there are tooooo many health issues that can affect appearance and i wouldn't be with a man who bases everything on appearance

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 19:04

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 18:28

beatitudes_5 write:

smile2005 write:
"The secret glue that keeps relationships alive is..."

No matter how h o t and steamy a relationship is at first when the passion fades there better be something else to take its place.

Most of us fall in lust before we fall in love. It's a wonderfully exciting time when you need nothing more than passion to keep you glued together. Unfortunately, the reality is, lust alone doesn't make for long-lasting bonds; it disintegrates far too fast and easily.

The sort of glue that keeps relationships strong forever is made of more powerful stuff. It's made of mutual respect, interests in common, shared values and genuine friendship.

In fact, this glue is so effective, it's been known to keep the passion strong inside the relationship, even when the lust has gone!

-Meditations for Women

smile...i agree with you 100 percent...to last in a relationship you have to be friends and trust each other enough to feel free to express any type feelings you are having without any fear of judgement, ridicule or the fear of losing that love....to me that is the ultimite love that bonds......ps....nice topic

Thank you, Bea. I get emailed daily to me "Meditations for Women" & I save each one because I really enjoy the message they share each day. And I totally agree with what you had to say here also...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 18:23

Bigbear2000 write:
Words of wisdom, there.

Most definitely, Bigbear. I thought this would be an interesting piece to put in from my daily Meditations for Women since not only are we here on BK to develop friendships but maybe hoping to meet that one special one...By the way, I enjoy reading the different things you write & comment on in the forums.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 16:53

smile2005 write:
"The secret glue that keeps relationships alive is..."

No matter how h o t and steamy a relationship is at first when the passion fades there better be something else to take its place.

Most of us fall in lust before we fall in love. It's a wonderfully exciting time when you need nothing more than passion to keep you glued together. Unfortunately, the reality is, lust alone doesn't make for long-lasting bonds; it disintegrates far too fast and easily.

The sort of glue that keeps relationships strong forever is made of more powerful stuff. It's made of mutual respect, interests in common, shared values and genuine friendship.

In fact, this glue is so effective, it's been known to keep the passion strong inside the relationship, even when the lust has gone!

-Meditations for Women

smile...i agree with you 100 percent...to last in a relationship you have to be friends and trust each other enough to feel free to express any type feelings you are having without any fear of judgement, ridicule or the fear of losing that love....to me that is the ultimite love that bonds......ps....nice topic

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 15:09

Words of wisdom, there.