Home > Biker Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > Is dating a form of entertainment? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is dating a form of entertainment?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 11, 2005 07:15

I think this is a bit like the chicken or the egg deleima. As a teenager or a 20 something dater, it starts out as entertainment. As we mature, it goes through many types of metamorphosis before it evolves to something greater than ourselves. (Though I have found some that never seemed to evolve beyond "entertainment.")Be that as it may, there are of course many people who never have fit the mold and tap their feet to the varying beats of the drummer as if in a high level jazz ensemble. I love people who can adjust to the circumstance.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 22, 2006 05:48

i want dating who im wait imquite all time andi

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 22, 2006 05:47

whoa

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 22, 2006 05:46

whoa

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 11, 2005 21:59

750X2 write:
some of my dates have been very entertaining and some boring and some scrary and some never ending, like nightmares.. but im all better now.

J....Are you sure about that???

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 11, 2005 20:36

some of my dates have been very entertaining and some boring and some scrary and some never ending, like nightmares.. but im all better now.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 05, 2005 22:10

Seeme, I assume you are referring to the "well meaning" friend, the one who is trying to help you "get over it" by occupying your time, giving you busy things to keep you company with, social stuff to do, etc.. for just a little while, while the pain is still fresh, or until the newness wears off, or until they have other things or events in their life, or find someone, or get tired of hearing of your emotions, etc. blah blah..then they leave and you are alone, lonely, and now need to grieve and feel all those things they were keeping you too busy and entertained for feel, except now it is months or years later, and you have to start from the beginning to deal with it, so essentially now you are starting as if you just were divorced? Those people? Well those people you say no thanks to - I need to be alone. I appreciate the thought, but I need to be alone.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 05, 2005 05:47

BHG--you are right about the person going thru the divorce to initiate a relationship with another--we need to grief the death of a marriage

but what about the person who thinks they are the rescurer--they inject themselves into someones life thinking they are helping the other--instead they add to the pain and feelings of abandonment when they leave--and those feelings are intensified because the orginal hurts weren't dealt with

so by all means do your grieving--and heal your souls before moving on--otherwise it will take you longer to heal and get on with living

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2005 19:26

Who really cares what those who passed us up think of their missed opportunity ? We still rock, and if we don't, fix that right away !

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 23:38

Thanks for the compliment Lakeland - but if you ask the former men in my life if that is how they feel, I doubt they would agree

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 04:46

BHG, after reading your posts, profile and looking at your pics. I bet most men would jump at the chance to get eaten up and spat out by you. I have a feeling that after they heal they would carrie that scar with pride....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2005 21:00

Thanks Angel and Eye, you probably didn't think I had a serious side. Just think it is wrong..I didn't start dating for two years following my divorce..I knew it would not have been fair to any man I dated, I would have chewed him up and spit him out probably, don't know that for sure but I knew I was not in a state to begin a romance or consider a relationship and knew that I would have just been going thru the motions and I consider that unfair to someone who may be ready for something other than going thru the motions - other people don't deserve to be treated that way, I know I would not want to be.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2005 05:57

blondeharley...I couldn't agree with you more! No one has the right to involve an innocent person's emotions in their own BS...take the time to heal...everyone will be much better off for it! :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2005 05:40

Well said, BHG. Very well said.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 13, 2005 22:45

disagree on using dating to get over divorce...sorry
think it is wrong to use other people that way. Divorce is painful, no matter who initiated it, takes a long time to heal and in the mean time it is unfair to take the bitterness and sarcasm out on innocent bystanders.
Heal yourselves before taking on dating.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2005 13:49

once the divorce is final the only way to get out of the doldrums is to start dating. By dating we heal and get a new perspective on life as the hurt dulls we find that we enjoy going out and meeting new people. I now find that I am enjoying dating and meeting new people.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 09, 2005 18:42

it start out to be.but now wondering if this is my 2nd job.what the hell do i kmow.whatever not working to good

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 09, 2005 06:18

Eye baby, you wound me deeply.

I have more the Word for Windows style of dating...Drag and Drop......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 08, 2005 08:25

"When the divorce is final, dating will be entertainment. In a big way............... "

I'm getting an image of a lioness playing with her catch before she kills and devours it....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 06, 2005 08:16

When the divorce is final, dating will be entertainment. In a big way...............