Home > Biker Forums > Religion > Confession Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Confession
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 14:37

I just thought that we could share areas of struggle with eachother and give and recieve prayer in those areas. I know I'm not the only one!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 09, 2006 07:34

Weenie write:
Wow....I just found this.....I have basically stayed away from this forum...I was raised..ya don't discuss religion and politics amongst friends...to bad I am diving in.

I was raised a Methodist and have attended the Baptist and Catholics churches, either with friends or on my own accord...I just couldn't seem to make it work. It's not that I didn't believe, it's not that I didn't want to follow a religious path....I just had a hard time as I watched the churches change...I felt like you could buy your way into heaven and the church became the bank. But....I have truly found my way into a spiritual life in the past six months that have truly changed me. I am discovering my roots, my native american heritage and I believe I have finally found my place. I have found peace. Everyone here thinks I am so nice....well, let me give you a little confession.....I haven't always been. I used to have a temper that was like a match to gasoline. What fixed that, the loose of a sibling...but that in turn caused something else...a path of self destruction. I have been down so many roads in my life, and all of it make up who I am today....I truly believe that people come and go or come and stay to either help you on your journey or to teach you something at that point and time that you need it. This site alone has brought more people into my life that has been a blessing than anywhere else I have been. Will I continue on the journey I am on now....you bet I will, until I take my last breath.

Right on Weenie!!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 09, 2006 06:09

Wow....I just found this.....I have basically stayed away from this forum...I was raised..ya don't discuss religion and politics amongst friends...to bad I am diving in.

I was raised a Methodist and have attended the Baptist and Catholics churches, either with friends or on my own accord...I just couldn't seem to make it work. It's not that I didn't believe, it's not that I didn't want to follow a religious path....I just had a hard time as I watched the churches change...I felt like you could buy your way into heaven and the church became the bank. But....I have truly found my way into a spiritual life in the past six months that have truly changed me. I am discovering my roots, my native american heritage and I believe I have finally found my place. I have found peace. Everyone here thinks I am so nice....well, let me give you a little confession.....I haven't always been. I used to have a temper that was like a match to gasoline. What fixed that, the loose of a sibling...but that in turn caused something else...a path of self destruction. I have been down so many roads in my life, and all of it make up who I am today....I truly believe that people come and go or come and stay to either help you on your journey or to teach you something at that point and time that you need it. This site alone has brought more people into my life that has been a blessing than anywhere else I have been. Will I continue on the journey I am on now....you bet I will, until I take my last breath.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 08, 2006 06:24

I confess - I did it - and I liked it - and it was wrong - but I want to do it again

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 17:59

Harleys1Angel write:

Oh Dyna! Be careful what you say!!! ROFL!!

Sheesh...why start bein careful now???

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 15:09

[now THAT"S why I'm marryin her]

Oh Dyna! Be careful what you say!!! ROFL!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 15:05

havfun write:
Harleys1Angel write:
havfun write:
Harleys1Angel write:
OK....confession time...don't even know who or if anyone is going to read this..but here it goes..

I met someone I REALLY liked on a christian dating site..gorgeous man...godly man...I KNEW he really liked me and the feeling was mutual..we were just getting to know eachother after about 2 months..the whole thing just felt right..

We started talking on the just before going to NY and I think I made a HUGE mistake..

My first post on this thread was a confession of wanting to do good or be a bad girl...blah blah blah...well...

I am on something called livejournal and basically you say anything you want on it just to relieve stress or say what is on your heart...it's a live journal. So during this last little phase of mine I said some things that weren't well let's just say should come from a christian girls mouth! If he only knew all of it! Man!

So he read it...I think I just lost the guy I am supposed to be with!! Dammn!!! He wrote me when I came back from NY and dumped me flat on my A$$!! Out of the blue...I am sooooooo upset right now...havent stopped crying since I've been back.

That's exactly why I have stopped judging people for what they do or don't do as far as "sinning" is concerned. It just makes them feel bad. I feel like I wasn't "good" enough for him....you know what a terrible feeling that is? I am so upset!!!!! I just feel like ..well...being a complete sh!thead like I used to be!!!!!! It is no friggin good to even be honest anymore! F@CK SH!T F@CK ME RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...me, Hav fun, is a guy with low self esteem and very much dwells on his problems,insecurities, building mountains out of molehills, not trusting himself, he turns to others for advice, in search of the right thing to do, cause he really wants to, ya kno? But his mentaly baring his soul makeshim vulnerable, for all his well meant honesty, and even the most well meaning people may perceive a quite different meaning to his words than the one he wishes to convey. "who cancontrolthe tongue"? refrain from anger, refrain from expressing too much of your self doubt, your dreams, to the general public..u mean well, but the devil will use it against you. A hard lesson, H1A, but one I am learning, and if my remarks are way off base, I sincerly apologize. You are a good person. or this wouldnt bother you, I hope this helped it all make sense. thank you.

HavFun..I really like what you have to say ..in most cases except this one of course!! LOL! Where have your scriptures gone when you wrote this? Hmmmmm...??? I percieve that you are filled with the Holy Spirit...and wise...but..in response to your post..with all due respect ..here is what I have to say...

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! The devil WILL NOT use this religious thread "against" me or anyone else for that matter!!

In my weakness..HE IS MADE STRONG!!!!! This is truth....I have no fear of showing my weakness..but I do have a fear of being weak...that's a little bit different...pride.

Confess your sins to one another....hence "confession" thread in the religious forum....and I don't care if everybody knows my business as long as they know what God is also doing about it...then..it is testimony!!!

well, as i said earlier, my well meant words often getperceived wrongly and i believed its happenend again, i just dont seem to be able to express feelings in a way that energizes, rather than antagonizes. Maybe im less smart and more of a jerk than I thought. Sincerest apologies mam.hardly anyonecomments on my posts other thanmisinterpreting them, again my fault I guess.There are some great philosophers on here doing a far better job than I. Your kind words are most apreciated and I shall hold a tighter reign on my tongue from now on.

Hav Fun!!!!! Do I have to go over to your house and "PERSONALLY" tell you how mightily God uses you in what you say????

Again...with ALL DO RESPECT TO YOU...have you had a spankin' from the Lord or something lately that your self-esteem AND the knowledge of the power of God "IN YOU" has gone completely out the window???

You underestimate what God IS doing in you...tsk tsk tsk...no response is sometimes the best response...it means people are thinking about what you have said...."the wisdom of this world IS foolishness to God" so...if "someone" has the wisdom of this world in them...and reads spiritual words (that you write)...they are soaking it all in! Because we both know that "the Word of God IS living and active"...

I did not take you wrong in what you said...I knew exactly what you were saying...but the best response to a spiritual conversation is scripture..."Do not rebuke an older man harshly"...hence..I was rebuking the thoughts you were having that day..with the Lord's Word....the Word that cuts to your heart and speaks to your soul...

I read a lot of your posts...didn't know that did you?? Hmm...I wonder who else does??? I sit back most of the time and admire what you say....God inspires me through you.."we edify eachother" You haven't "antagonized" me....my voice is soft and the words are with love...keep posting....there is no reason to apologise to me...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 00:53

havfun write:
Harleys1

e ..well...being a complete sh!thead like I used to be!!!!!! It is no friggin good to even be honest anymore! F@CK SH!T F@CK ME RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...me, Hav fun, is a guy with low self esteem and very much dwells on his problems,insecurities, building mountains out of molehills, not trusting himself, he turns to others for advice, in search of the right thing to do, cause he really wants to, ya kno? But his mentaly baring his soul makeshim vulnerable, for all his well meant honesty, and even the most well meaning people may perceive a quite different meaning to his words than the one he wishes to convey. "who cancontrolthe tongue"? refrain from anger, refrain from expressing too much of your self doubt, your dreams, to the general public..u mean well, but the devil will use it against you. A hard lesson, H1A, but one I am learning, and if my remarks are way off base, I sincerly apologize. You are a good person. or this wouldnt bother you, I hope this helped it all make sense. thank you.

Havfun,
Be easy on yourself. Remember JC spoke openly in public of things people couldn't even conceive now let alone then.
People who condemn others quickly for their trails and humanity are often times running from their own shadows.
How old is the scape goat?
What you said was hide yourself and the true you from the world because it is dangerous.
H1A confessed the same thing
"It is no friggin good to even be honest anymore!"
Yet she healed this by confessing it and being honest with how she was feeling revealing what her strength would rather hide.
Being brave enough to publicly confess your weakness is where with the Eyes of God we see our unity in this fraility and become strengthened because the Common One is revealed in honest sharing.
If we hide our truth then God can never be reveal and the darkness will win over the light.
Be careful of your harsh thoughts about your ability to express yourself they tend to shape you by your own thought. you can express yourself and did well.
We each have our own special talents in the Body of God and each contributes to Mystery's Majesty!

Peace and Wisdom continue to fill your heart and strengthen you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 00:00

Fear of being weak is the pride born of division. Disconnected from God all things seek power...strength.
All things united in God and their is no thirst for power.
Love is union. All in One, One in All no weakness to be found. I think the spirit in you perceives a mystery not often grasped.

Marriage in equal maturity seeking mutual growth and development is a great thing. Orbital trips around the sun don't necessarily mark maturity. Spirit and mind must both yearn for the painful coming to conciousness to mature. Birth is a stressful thing.

Peace to All

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 04, 2006 20:18

Harleys1Angel write:
havfun write:
Harleys1Angel write:
OK....confession time...don't even know who or if anyone is going to read this..but here it goes..

I met someone I REALLY liked on a christian dating site..gorgeous man...godly man...I KNEW he really liked me and the feeling was mutual..we were just getting to know eachother after about 2 months..the whole thing just felt right..

We started talking on the just before going to NY and I think I made a HUGE mistake..

My first post on this thread was a confession of wanting to do good or be a bad girl...blah blah blah...well...

I am on something called livejournal and basically you say anything you want on it just to relieve stress or say what is on your heart...it's a live journal. So during this last little phase of mine I said some things that weren't well let's just say should come from a christian girls mouth! If he only knew all of it! Man!

So he read it...I think I just lost the guy I am supposed to be with!! Dammn!!! He wrote me when I came back from NY and dumped me flat on my A$$!! Out of the blue...I am sooooooo upset right now...havent stopped crying since I've been back.

That's exactly why I have stopped judging people for what they do or don't do as far as "sinning" is concerned. It just makes them feel bad. I feel like I wasn't "good" enough for him....you know what a terrible feeling that is? I am so upset!!!!! I just feel like ..well...being a complete sh!thead like I used to be!!!!!! It is no friggin good to even be honest anymore! F@CK SH!T F@CK ME RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HavFun..I really like what you have to say ..in most cases except this one of course!! LOL! Where have your scriptures gone when you wrote this? Hmmmmm...??? I percieve that you are filled with the Holy Spirit...and wise...but..in response to your post..with all due respect ..here is what I have to say...

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! The devil WILL NOT use this religious thread "against" me or anyone else for that matter!!

In my weakness..HE IS MADE STRONG!!!!! This is truth....I have no fear of showing my weakness..but I do have a fear of being weak...that's a little bit different...pride.

Confess your sins to one another....hence "confession" thread in the religious forum....and I don't care if everybody knows my business as long as they know what God is also doing about it...then..it is testimony!!!

well, as i said earlier, my well meant words often getperceived wrongly and i believed its happenend again, i just dont seem to be able to express feelings in a way that energizes, rather than antagonizes. Maybe im less smart and more of a jerk than I thought. Sincerest apologies mam.hardly anyonecomments on my posts other thanmisinterpreting them, again my fault I guess.There are some great philosophers on here doing a far better job than I. Your kind words are most apreciated and I shall hold a tighter reign on my tongue from now on.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 04, 2006 16:24

Harleys1Angel write:

now THAT"S why I'm marryin her

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 04, 2006 16:20

havfun write:
Harleys1Angel write:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 23:53

Harleys1Angel write:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 23:36

Harleys1Angel write:

just found this thread, You and I have at least 2 issues in common, low self esteem, and revealing our inner thoughts in public..in your post you kick yourself because of your low self esteem, and you are mad at yourself for saying some things"outloud" that came back to haunt you...everyone here is cheering you up, which is good, BUT they console you by blaming it all on the guy..and in your heart you know this isnt the truth, not the whole truth, anyway, and my heart goes out to you and I swear my intent is not to hurt, but to help, and I promise I have been in much the same position, so here is what I dont think anyone is telling you, and I offer it in love, may God and you forgive me if I do wrong here..continued

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 20:40

H1A,

Thanks for the thread. It has been interesting to read through and see everyone's compassion, understanding, insight and struggle to understand, cope with and recover from what is the human condition.

Peggy and Carla,
As always your sharing enriches others.

I think the most we could learn is patience first with ourselves as individuals struggling to reach our best potential and if we learn that we might find more patience in our harsh and blind judgement of others.

Serenity--being so at peace with yourself that the outcome of what ever is occurring doesn't unsettle one. If you attach to a desired or feared outcome, you loose your serenity. Serenity is realizing that even a horrible crucifixon and drinking a cup you would rather pass is transformed by God into a blessing beyond comprehension. If you can take your life and look at each circumstance as an opportunity for God and you to bring his light here and that your perceptions/judgements might be off but trust in his Love for you; you will have found serenity.
What is a good Christian?
Love thy God with all thy heart soul mind and body.
Love thy neighbor as yourself.
Where does God dwell? Within you, You are his temple. His lighthouse in the storm. Don't let the weather of life darken your light for many souls are at sea and we each help to navigate the reefs of grief and destruction.
If you stumble as I have let me be patient with you that together we may walk more confident in our unity and humble in our Spirits that we may leave only Love in our wake.
"Feed my sheep" and "Follow Me."

My confession--I really enjoy the community here.

Peace to All
SSoul

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 17:34

Hi Nodey...Ditto to what smile said....it WAS nice meeting you! I know what you mean by pushing everyone else aside when stuff is going on..I do the same thing...so this time I am trying to keep in touch with everybody and not do it..it takes a lot of determination because it is so easy to just want to do your own thing and hide away..relationships are only there if you maintain them otherwise --poof! the people you need most will be gone.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 14:00

Nodey write:

smile2005 write:
"I feel like I wasn't "good" enough for him....you know what a terrible feeling that is?"

H1A? Maybe he's not good enough for you...I think you are a wonderful & beautiful woman & I'm so glad that you & I had a chance to talk while out in NYC. Hugs to you my friend...

Here's something that Cinderella shared with me & I'm going to share it with you...

My ability to love and feel for you is a part of who I am, not a part of who you are. Your ability to feel for me, or lack thereof, is a part of who you are, it is NOT a reflection on me.

Ya know,I just came to this thread today. I've been dealing with my own thing lately,and have been feeling like I have pushed everyone else to the side.

Smile,I'm so glad you posted this. It's opened my eyes to some things I've been dealing with and struggling to make a decision on.

H1A,I know you are hurting now,but know one thing. Only God can judge you on whether you are a true Christian. As long as you feel right with God,it's between you and him. Don't let a man decide that for you.After much thought and tears,I have decided if I was meant to be with someone,I will be. It's good enough for me at this point.

Hugs Nodey...& I was honored to meet you out in NYC & thankful that you & I had the opportunity to talk like we did...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 11:53

smile2005 write:
"I feel like I wasn't "good" enough for him....you know what a terrible feeling that is?"

H1A? Maybe he's not good enough for you...I think you are a wonderful & beautiful woman & I'm so glad that you & I had a chance to talk while out in NYC. Hugs to you my friend...

Here's something that Cinderella shared with me & I'm going to share it with you...

My ability to love and feel for you is a part of who I am, not a part of who you are. Your ability to feel for me, or lack thereof, is a part of who you are, it is NOT a reflection on me.

Ya know,I just came to this thread today. I've been dealing with my own thing lately,and have been feeling like I have pushed everyone else to the side.

Smile,I'm so glad you posted this. It's opened my eyes to some things I've been dealing with and struggling to make a decision on.

H1A,I know you are hurting now,but know one thing. Only God can judge you on whether you are a true Christian. As long as you feel right with God,it's between you and him. Don't let a man decide that for you.After much thought and tears,I have decided if I was meant to be with someone,I will be. It's good enough for me at this point.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 18:11

MoonNStarz3X3 write:

No, I don't consider myself to be Catholic....there are too many things that upset me about the church. However, my own faith is still deeply rooted in what was taught to me as a child. There was a real low point in my life where I felt so abandonded by so-called "good Catholics" , I just about didn't believe in anything...until God helped me pick myself up & gave me a strength I never knew I had. Bottom line is...I have my own personal relationship with God & I guess I don't feel I need the vehicle of the church to bring me closer....it just gets in the way, does that make any sense? And yes..."in nomine patri et filii et spiritus sancti" is right!

yep, 11 and half years of white shirts, blue ties, and blue pants here. 3 years of Latin and all i can remember is the Sign of the Cross, the Hail Mary and the Our Father. kinda sounds like we may be close to the same place spiritually.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 15:48

LadyTxnRider write:
I'm not a person of words, I don't express myself well in public especially in forums where I can't see the reactions of those I'm speaking to. This is the first time I've read this thread and its seems to be at the right time. Interesting how people and "things" come into our lives at the appointed time.

Christi, I've felt as you have. I've been where you are, all too often. Actually working though it right now. I've let the actions of some hurt me and put cracks in my confidence and self-esteem. To read all these posts has been very helpful, still hurting but I try to understand that their actions are not a reflection of myself but of them. To be going on "happily" in a "relationship" only to have them just disappear without a word. No return calls, no return emails, nothing to tell me what it is that I've done wrong. I try to remember that it's not what I've done but it how they have judged me. Still hurts, still plays havoc with my self-esteem. Still working on myself and loving myself and not worrying about how others "perceive" me.

Thank you for starting this thread and opening your heart. It has helped me.

LTR-It's so awesome when you opened up like this...you know sometimes I really think I am the only one who goes through this stuff...

Just thank you everybody for responding and opening up to me...I used to have a very hard time telling anyone about the "bad stuff" in my life...and this has just really helped me a lot...

Jalle--pronounced--Jail or Jail ee or j all or----MAN!! I still dont know!! But anyway..thank you... **MUAGH** **MUAGH** **MUAGH** I loved meeting you...sitting next to you on the bus...talkin with you...!