Home > Biker Forums > Romance > Women Riders Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Women Riders
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 02, 2007 13:06

Newbie to this site.

Benn lurking a while and checking out the discussions and profiles.

Seems like there are lots of nice folks here along with some very pretty and articulate women.

Its curious to me that there are not more women interested in actually riding.

Now don't peg me for one of those male chauvanistic guys...I taught both my sisters and an ex wife how to ride. Even bought her a motorcycle.

I actually much prefer a woman who can handle her own machine.

Its easy enough to find someone interested in riding on the back.

How many women are actually interested in Riding here? If you do ride why?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 09, 2007 06:20

HDsweetcheeks write:
I ride, havent been on the back in ages..and no thanxs..so boring back there!

amen lol
i can Handel all by my self thx don't need for man in front of me lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 22, 2007 14:51

Its 2007 who would want to sit on the back!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 10, 2007 13:00

RK20032000 write:
HDsweetcheeks write:

Hey what are you doing over here get back to the blogs yound lady this minute.

Yes dad!! : )

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 13, 2007 11:29

HDsweetcheeks write:

Hey what are you doing over here get back to the blogs yound lady this minute.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 12, 2007 19:36

FLSTFgal... What a well crafted response. That has to be one of the best I've seen on the subject.

Couldn't comment on being a Bad ass I gave that up a long time ago. Now I'm just stubborn and opinionated. LOL

Sparkett....very valid point....I've learned to never try and teach my better half anything.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 12, 2007 06:57

HI !
Me, i love it! Its my freedom,my connection to the soul.It soothes and relaxes,nothing better!
But I have watched many ladies try to learn, and the stress they get from their other half teaching them, well, they give up. Another deal on a barely used bike for a lucky buyer. There is a lot of skill and responsibility to riding as well, and one close call or go down once and it will make some give up.
And some would just rather be on the back, taking pics and waving,just another aspect of enjoying the ride.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 11, 2007 17:28

motorpsych0bich write:
To handle, with finesse, the massive powerful beauty of the machine...To grip the road and glide around corner after corner feeling the warmth of the sun.. To become lost in admiration of all the scenery and serenity thats surrounding.. To follow behind him, exploring places every new road seems to lead.. I could never give that up, so here i am, anticipating the next intimate ride..

I've had enough of women behind me....

This may invoke flaming response however...I'd rather have a partner than a Playmate....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 11, 2007 07:10

Hey, TX -
You asked about stigma? NO! I have gotten much more in the way of admiration and respect than feelings of someone looking down their nose at me.
Due to where I live and being single, I often end up on the road alone and I get thumbs up all the time from people in cages. I don't ride to impress anyone one way or another. I ride because I LOVE the journey that being in the wind leads me on. I haven't gotten any bad vibes from having a few tats either, people tend to be more curious than anything. I am a small business owner, I serve on my small town's planning commission, I belong to community service organizations, so, no stigma.

I think that up until a just a few years ago there was a lot stigma attached to bikers due to the images we all had fed to us about 1%ers, MCs etc. If anyone reading this belongs to an MC - be honest - you guys LOVED it :) In this part of the country at bike nites,poker runs and some rally's, you will see riders from HOG, LOH, BACA, Patriot Guard, other organizations and veterans groups and those who ride a lone all intermingling and having a good time. The stigma of all bikers being low lifes and bad "A's" is fading fast. Good, bad or otherwise - times change.

I haven't ever experienced terror from being on back, though there have been a couple of close calls. The few guys I have ridden with have been VERY skilled, experienced (much more so than I am) and considerate riders. I won't put my life in the hands of someone who feels he has to prove something by hotdogging. I love riding my own but theres nothing boring with the feelings of closeness you get when you are riding with someone special. PLUS, every once in a while, it is nice to be able to really soak in the views and not have to concentrate on the road :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 11, 2007 05:06

To handle, with finesse, the massive powerful beauty of the machine...To grip the road and glide around corner after corner feeling the warmth of the sun.. To become lost in admiration of all the scenery and serenity thats surrounding.. To follow behind him, exploring places every new road seems to lead.. I could never give that up, so here i am, anticipating the next intimate ride..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 10, 2007 19:22

HDsweetcheeks write:

Amen

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 10, 2007 12:53

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 08, 2007 12:30

Wow good information there.

Misshap...DO you feel there was a social stigma that frowned upon ya riding?

I for one am big on not following social norms...but thats another tale for another day.

I just have trouble wrapping my head around why anyone would want to ride on the back. Seems like all of the terror none of the control.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 05, 2007 18:45

Hey, Tex:)

There are a LOT of lady riders out here and more joining in the fun all the time.
I ride for the same reason most men ride - I love how it makes me feel! Most of the people I have met since learning to ride are the best, I truly enjoy being around them.
I'm not going to depend on having someone pack me but at times it is nice to leave the road worries to someone else and just take in the views. Most of the time I like riding my own. When I feel like some wind in my face, all I have to do is start my Fatboy, throw a leg over and hit the road. I live in the Ozarks, an area full of great roads to ride and one of the best Bike Rallies in the country. So many roads, so little time!
Girls, there are no excuses - I was over 50 when I had my first ride on a bike - got my first 2 weeks later. I've been riding 3 full seasons and have over 20,000 miles of saddle time. I'm not big (5'3") and ride a 2006 Harley Fatboy. Yes, it was lowered a lot.
I just got through taking the Skilled Rider course that Harley sponsors. I recommend it to anyone! Never stop improving the skills you have, never stop learning new ones. I only wish I had started riding at a much younger age.

Available only
to logged in members