Is Romance Dead? Write articles to get free gold membership

• View author's info Author posted on Sep 16, 2006 at 19:19

So is romance dead? Are Guys handicapped just because they actually want to treat a Woman right?
    Women today are so focused on the job and getting ahead, it's hard to fathom that a guy might actually be OK with doing the "Hearts & Flowers" thing. It is impossible to think that because someone trashed them before, that it isn't the fault of the next guy. But the cover of the book might look the same, so why open it. Can't judge a person just by the profile on a website or the pictures there. There has to be some communication. Oh, there's a novel idea. Talking. We're so hung up on our computers, cell phones, blackberrys and other little electronic toys, that there isn't enough hours in the day to actually talk , face to face, with another person. Just try and separate someone from their cell. Recently, I was staffing a convention, and for security concerns, cell phones (All of these little beasts have cameras now) were banned from the convention floor. Registration suffered. The guards, were having to remind those that had their phones to return them to their rooms, etc..
    People, what did you do before these things? OR can you not remember the dark ages when 64K was fast!?
    Romance suffers too. Try and get the phone turned off on a date. God forbid. The saving grace is that on a Harley, most times you can't hear the thing, and the blue tooth doesn't fit in the helmet!
    Come
  • 4Comments

• View author's info posted on Aug 05, 2007 at 00:30

AMEN!!! YOU SAID IT FLAWLESSLY!..
  • View author's info posted on Oct 19, 2006 at 20:27

Maybe it was just an excuse....
  • View author's info posted on Sep 19, 2006 at 22:52

"People, what did you do before these things? OR can you not remember the dark ages when 64K was fast!?
    Romance suffers too. Try and get the phone turned off on a date. God forbid. The saving grace is that on a Harley, most times you can't hear the thing, and the blue tooth doesn't fit in the helmet! "

POWMIABiker - honey you've been looking for the wrong girls then. I'm right here. ;) And I LOVE to be romanced! I'm glad to hear it isn't totally dead. :)

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Sep 17, 2006 at 14:32

powmiabiker write:
    Try and get the phone turned off on a date. God forbid. The saving grace is that on a Harley, most times you can't hear the thing, and the blue tooth doesn't fit in the helmet!

Hear, hear.
Follow - Email me when people comment