Home > Biker Forums > New to the site! > I am new to the board Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
I am new to the board
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 11, 2005 12:19

Hello all!!!! I am a newbie.. And if I get the chance to go to the chillicothe ohio rodeo I will also be a newbie there.I just cant get the hubby to go,and I really dont think he would hear of me going with my girlfriends..so please all keep you fingers and toes crossed that I get the chance to go!!!!!!!!!! bye bye 4 now

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 08:35

cattoo write:
also a big hello to both never and bashor!...welcome to ya both from another newbie...got some pretty stylin folks here...hope ya both have fun!

Thank you cattoo You are to kind...See you around in here somewhere, Still trying to find everyone...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 08:24

Bear6664 write:
waving pluses and minuses

I try to always wave reguardless of wether your on an inferior bike , a biker is a biker , besides what would be the next step ? Stop winking at folks with 883's or 1200 sportsters , you can only take the elitist thing so far .

When it comes down to it I'd rather be the guy that waved and got dissed then the guy that got waved to and didnt wave back .

Now for my real opinion on hte subject , IT IS A STUPID TRADITION and dangerous , I will be coming around a turn at 70 mph and some wahoo waves , or Im downshifting approaching a light or im on a dangerous curve , anything that requires you to randomly take your hand off the handelbar of a moving bike is just stupid even if it is nice and friendly , I still do it so people won't know ... er .. think Im an A$$hole but I think the tradition should be stopped for safty reasons .
Just my opinion

I know what you mean about the safety, I was refering more to the in town thing here. There are only a few and if I can't take my hands off the bars I will at least give them a nod...Just to be friendly. I am no better than anyone else and it kinda rubs me the wrong way. But if they want to act like that and not wave or nod...thats fine because I will keep riding and being friendly to all riders.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 11:09

Kinda hard to know why somebody isn't waving unless you ask them...

Short story: It's gonna matter to some folks and not to others. Kinda strikes me as a sign of insecurity if you ask me. Why else should it matter SO much to someone what bike YOU choose to ride? I don't give a rip what they're riding... Course, I'm riding a Korean number nobody's ever heard of.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 03:35

also a big hello to both never and bashor!...welcome to ya both from another newbie...got some pretty stylin folks here...hope ya both have fun!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 03:31

...can't speak for anyone but me...but I figure two wheels is two wheels...and at this point it's two wheels more than I have right now...lol...just the love of riding is what matters...honda or harley or titan or yamaha or or or...just have fun and play safe!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 15:25

I am new also and I have a question? I Love riding my bike and I wave at other bikers they most of the time wave back. There are a few that do ride Harleys that won't wave because I am on a Honda!! It doesn't matter to me either way...But I was wanting to go to the rodeo myself because I have never been. Do they care if your on a Honda or not? I have put a lot of work in my bike and I did it for me, the way I wanted it. I still have a ways to go but, Is this a good or bad thing? Like I said I have never been and I don't want to not fit in because I have a Honda. To me two wheels is two wheels reguardless of what the name says. Tell me if I am wrong.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 10:48

Thanks Jade...I havent really met any one on here yet..but I am hoping to get the chance to chat.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 08:12

Welcome Neverbeen ! How are you !
alot of laughs! great people!

Jade

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 14, 2005 11:48

neverbeen2therodeo write:
Hello,, is any one there?

Hey i'm here i would like to chat with you let me know *S*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 14, 2005 09:32

neverbeen2therodeo write:
Hi i'm new too hope we can chat just let me know *S*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 09:03

Yep, we're here. No worries. What's the hubby's excuse for not wanting to go biking? Could be doesn't want to leave the kids without a parent, which I've heard many times.
Could be he doesn't think you guys can afford it, or that he doesn't want you involved with all us biker types or hanging out at rallies.
Biggest thing I'd suggest is to talk to him and find out why he doesn't want to do it. Who knows? A little communication could turn into a down payment for travel and fun.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 12, 2005 11:56