Home > Biker Forums > Religion > . . . waiting, will you endure the test? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
. . . waiting, will you endure the test?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 20, 2005 11:00

Waiting on God may be the most difficult of all spiritual disciplines, and perhaps that's the reason so few truly practice it.
Waiting can be agonizing to us who have become accustomed to being bombarded with data and stimuli. We lack the attention span to wait on God. But in His kindness He designs scenarios that will help us learn how to wait. Once we press through, and cross the threshold, we open to the adventures of waiting and begin a new journey. -- nealb

Where are you at in your waiting journey . . . how many have begun a new journey? Is the new journey a reward for your waiting?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 18:13

God awards patience with more patience.
St. Augstine--if memory is right

I wonder if planets are anxious about their orbit times? Or the moon about its phase? Or the river if it will be late reaching the ocean? Or the seasons?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 20, 2006 14:56

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 14, 2005 12:36

Hi--well the leg of the journey I'm on right now has me working more hours and days than ever in my life but what's funny is it's the solution to the troubles I was having! I guess I had too much time on my hands and wasn't dealing with it well so the Lord decided to keep me busy. Thanks again for your prayers... the Lord was quick to answer. Miki

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 05, 2005 09:39

My journey has lead me to this site...where I will have many tests, trials, failures and successes...and temptation. I used to stress about what I was or wasn't doing ALL THE TIME while on my journey...the stressing didn't help AT ALL..because I still had the failures, successes and temptation anyway. God is having me wait on Him while He teaches me my next lesson......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 15:59

charlee write:
Endurance- the test of time- good subject-To endure all things- going through that right now myself neal- and the only thing that i can say gets me through this tough test- is to know if i do endure all- and by doing it God's way and not my way- then I know i will be blessed and those around me will be blessed. To surrender all to the Lord- for they are his battles and not ours. through this test of endurance God has shown me some grace-to show me life will get better- for he wants to keep me humble and therefore does not show all his grace at once.But when I receive a sign of his grace- I know my life is going in the direction in which he leadeth me.This is my journey to get closer to God. Amen and God bless

Charlee -- Your acknowledged journey is the best goal anyone could have, to get closer to God. I'm sorry to hear of the test you mention -- the tests only purify us -- your right about the endurance, it's the toughest part. It seems, sometimes like it will never get better, but it does. God is always faithfull to get us through. He will never allow more than He knows we can handle -- and remember, it's all to prepare us for what He is preparing for us -- it's amazing that He cares so much for us. It's times like these when I am weary from waiting and warn down from enduring that He shows me how big He is -- so much bigger than I can even comprehend -- who am I that He is even mindfull of me? . . . but He is, and that's the beauty of it all, He is . . . -- NealB

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 15:45

"I feel as though I've begun a new journey....the road is never smooth, but well worth it in the end.

If our steps are ordered by the Lord, we will not fail"

Roxie -- you've got it, our steps are ordered by the Lord.

We just need to pay attention to His leading and be willing to move forward when 'He' directs us and wait . . . untill He shows us the way. Sometimes our impatience prevents us from making good choices. But, He is faithful to get us back on track.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2005 19:22

Endurance- the test of time- good subject-To endure all things- going through that right now myself neal- and the only thing that i can say gets me through this tough test- is to know if i do endure all- and by doing it God's way and not my way- then I know i will be blessed and those around me will be blessed. To surrender all to the Lord- for they are his battles and not ours. through this test of endurance God has shown me some grace-to show me life will get better- for he wants to keep me humble and therefore does not show all his grace at once.But when I receive a sign of his grace- I know my life is going in the direction in which he leadeth me.This is my journey to get closer to God. Amen and God bless

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 20, 2005 14:01

I feel as though I've begun a new journey....the road is never smooth, but well worth it in the end.

If our steps are ordered by the Lord, we will not fail