Home > Biker Forums > Relationship > My relationship with my Tee Shirts Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
My relationship with my Tee Shirts
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 10:42

I don't know if anyone on this site can relate to this, but when do you decide to start using your harley shirts for rags? The past 2 years instead of buying a 20 dollar plus T-shirt at every harley dealer I stop at I have started to just buy a dealer pin (I like to collect things). Lately the only t-shirts I have bought are custom shops. The other thing is the ones that have been given as a gift. Just 2 months ago I was given one of those shirts that say "If you can read this........off", I will never wear it, I don't think it is even funny, also the one I got from Vegas, which I'm sure came from the airport!!!LOL. Anyways, my bikes will enjoy the TLC and I can make more room for something.
Spyder

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 12:45

I personally have way too many t-shirts,so I decided to cut the backs out in squares & I'm having them sewn into a bike cover. Its something use full and cheaper than quilting. I will post a pic when it's done.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 11, 2006 20:16

Well how about a few throw pillows to go along with that quilt? Quick solution and not too spendy... Still getting to see where you've been on rides and who knows, what better way to home decorate, than what fits best with your personality? Just my opinion on what to do with extra soft lovingly worn old T's. But then I'm quite partial to old T's anyway. Oh, and by the way... as for the pockets on the fronts of some of them? You know, the ones with some kind of logo and usually location? Well, they make great washable coasters that go under drinking glasses.
What's left, if anything of the T-shirt, I say ... Go ahead, use it in the garage... But usually by the time I'm done with em, there's not much left.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 18:49

mspyder write:
I don't know if anyone on this site can relate to this, but when do you decide to start using your harley shirts for rags? The past 2 years instead of buying a 20 dollar plus T-shirt at every harley dealer I stop at I have started to just buy a dealer pin (I like to collect things). Lately the only t-shirts I have bought are custom shops. The other thing is the ones that have been given as a gift. Just 2 months ago I was given one of those shirts that say "If you can read this........off", I will never wear it, I don't think it is even funny, also the one I got from Vegas, which I'm sure came from the airport!!!LOL. Anyways, my bikes will enjoy the TLC and I can make more room for something.
Spyder

Me too. I have way too many. I'm figuring in getting them made into quilts like you posted but it's an expensive option. Boy do I miss my grandmother (She was an awesome quilter).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 17:55

I like to collect T-Shirts. I have Harley shirts from all over the USA plus bowling shirts from all over. I collect the pins also.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 12:01

it is always hard when you have something that was given to you or that you once cherished to find it no longer useful for it's orginal intent--buttttttttt as i see it you have found another use for them

i have reached a point that if i'm not going to wear something anymore i may hold on to it but then it will be out the door or put to a different use

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 11:32

Seeme,
I got long sleeve, short sleeve, no sleeve. LOL I forgot to post this picture, it was a gift from a long time ago, but it is a great idea.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 10:56

mspyder write:
Spyder

i like the pins also----i do have Harley shirts but not tee shirts