Home > Biker Forums > Motorcycle events > Wild Turkeyfest In the California Mountains Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Wild Turkeyfest In the California Mountains
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 08, 2006 15:43

Lets make it simple:

For Turkey day:
*RSVP required
*$15.00 per person per day for food, music and port a potties
*Have a deep fryer for turkeys, bring it?
*Can you bake pies? HELP!
*Pot luck...bring food, BUT let me know what you are bringing.
*BYOB

For the Weekend
*Very limited space in my house...ladies only and first come first get.
*Plenty of places for your tents...bathrooms are an issue
*KOA one mile down the road
*Bug Hostel three miles up the road
*Hotels in town, want to share room costs...post here for that.
*Guys...Empty backside? Let us know.
*Ladies, need a ride? Let us know
*May have to hook up for rides from here, and not from home.

FAQ"s
*Can I bring my kids?
***Yeah, but they are your responsiblity, and this is a large party with a lot of roudy adults, and a lot of drinking, no doubt...so think about what that and what they may be exposed to, and remember, we are rural...there is no real entertainment, like kids are used to. There is a skate park in Mariposa. My 19 year old son may be here and Rose's 18 year old daughter will be here, neither babysit.

*What can I bring?
***Right now you tell me what you want to bring and for how many. I will keep track and later if we are lacking I will let you know what we are low on.
***Bring you favorite CD
***We have one dart board, if you want to bring another...do so.
***We also have a rustic horseshoe pit, but if you have a favorite group activity or game, and want to share, bring it.
***Seating is on the ground, on straw bails and on crude log benches. If that will not work, bring your own seat.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 24, 2007 19:01

Hey mountaintrouble. Great to meet you in Reno. I hope to see you in Yreka in 2008 at the Shasta Salute To America

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 16, 2007 13:31

We are doing it again....up here on the mountain...June 28th thru the week of the 4th...look for the Wild Stars and Stripes in the Ca mounatins...that is the new party.....We are also doing Palm Springs June 8th, 9th and 10th...that is Wild Desert Fun...come out and join us!!!!!!!!!!1

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 23, 2007 20:07

reynee write:
Again hello to all, I am no longer a paid member and I am leaving Cali last wek in March. My last day of work is the 20th and im headed east. If u want to stay in touch do it via my daughter at just say its for mom and ill respond. Once i get settled ill get back on here, just going to be a gypsy again for a while. I should arrive in Ohio last weekend of March. Until then all ride safe and as always a plearsure to have met all of u.
Hey you Crazy Woman!! Bill told me the news about your move ...going to miss your craziness ....hope to see you again..hugs from the shirt and a squirrel!!! be same in Ohio..I've been there and it gets COLD!!!! love ya, you our numbers too!!!! when we first met!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 20, 2007 15:35

Again hello to all, I am no longer a paid member and I am leaving Cali last wek in March. My last day of work is the 20th and im headed east. If u want to stay in touch do it via my daughter at just say its for mom and ill respond. Once i get settled ill get back on here, just going to be a gypsy again for a while. I should arrive in Ohio last weekend of March. Until then all ride safe and as always a plearsure to have met all of u. My cell # will remain the same 775-848-8479. Reynee

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 16, 2007 10:12

Thanks pete, I will be safe and going to catch some rides on the way. I will definaely keep in touch will all. Take care and always ride safe.

Reynee

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 15, 2007 02:04

Trouble,
Also sorry to hear of Charlie's passing. Amazing how much they mean to us, and how hard it is to deal with life without them.I really never saw him get snippy just cruzin through your home at Turkeyfest like nothing.
Rene, good luck on your adventure towards Ohio. Change is good, be careful.. try to keep in touch with the site.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 12:13

Sorry to hear about charlie, he is in heaven playing with my two rots. Want to wish all a happy valentines day and to let all know im leaving cali and heading to wards ohio to be closer to my kids. Not sure where i'll end up but have a great lead on an awesome possibility. Looking to meet several riders on my adventure, maybe ride and have dinner. Have enjoyed all of u, Ride Safe and i'll always have turkeyfest in my heart. Love to all and keep in touch. The new owner may request that i remove all my personal info from system. Wishin all luck in love or whatever u r searching for. bfn

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 11, 2007 05:47

Sorry about the little nipper, babe.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 05, 2007 21:12

mountaintrouble write:
Charlie died this last Monday....January 29, 2007 at 4:25pm. He was 12. He died like he lived...fighting and biting ...the Vet...this time...while his little heart just gave out. He died on the vets table...He won so many of your hearts as he bit you and made you welcome in our home for the Turkeyfest Weekendin his own very special way. I am still wondering around in shock...and miss him so much. He was my shadow...I loved him so much and miss him more than any one could know. I am glad so many of you got to know him...He was a very special little guy.

Mt. loved hearing from you sorry it's was not about good news...your little nipper and I say that lightly..at one point I thought the stinker was going to make me lunch...He took a liking to the Shirt real fast..{must of been the Turkey he had hiding in his pockets} He did warm up to us all after a while...Hope your feeling better..Your just a hug away!! love ya Lady..have fun....be safe in S.D......only pic he let me take!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 01, 2007 23:36

I just came here after ... ( I don
't know how long?)
I'm SO sorry to hear about your beloved pet. I lost my dog "Charlie" after 15 years last Feb. 28th. I cried constantly for about 2 weeks or so after his death ... I still miss him. :^(

I'm sorry for your loss ...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 23:45

Charlie died this last Monday....January 29, 2007 at 4:25pm. He was 12. He died like he lived...fighting and biting ...the Vet...this time...while his little heart just gave out. He died on the vets table...He won so many of your hearts as he bit you and made you welcome in our home for the Turkeyfest Weekendin his own very special way. I am still wondering around in shock...and miss him so much. He was my shadow...I loved him so much and miss him more than any one could know. I am glad so many of you got to know him...He was a very special little guy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 12:41

If it wasn't for "family and financial" circumstances ... I damn sure would've been there! Sorry I missed out. :^(
It sure looks like a great time was had by all who attended! ... :^)

Thanks for the invite and I'm looking forward to partyin' with you all soon! ... ;^)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 21:53

reynee write:
WOW rocky - Guess I got a little out of control. I'm going to have to move to another site to find Mr. Right. LMAO. some really great pics. And thanks for the open invite.

Reynee

No way G/F!! no leaving!! If I had came on my own I might of been a little out of control myself!! but I'm hooked and the shirt is going to ride this summer!!...we will stay in touch...we have each others numbers.. the weather here is always awesome and the pipes are always blasting down here..come any time!! open invite to all...Mt.Angel, beautiful lady,so nice to meet you...glad we could help you..this is a wonderful place to make friends..just be careful...you have friends in us..
Blade thank you for the ride on your Cadi. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you..I missed a few ...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 00:13

I had an absolute blast. I am so glad to have found you guys. Changed my life big time. Having a wonderful time. Thanks for making me feel so welcome!!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 11:32

WOW rocky - Guess I got a little out of control. I'm going to have to move to another site to find Mr. Right. LMAO. some really great pics. And thanks for the open invite.

Reynee

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 14:00

another

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 13:58