Home > Biker Forums > California > California Meet and Greets Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
California Meet and Greets
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 24, 2006 22:05

Ooops- I missed desserts! Pies, cake, cookies, etc...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 24, 2006 21:52

The following is what we have as commitments for foods thusfar:
6 turkeys, 20#'s of mashed potatoes and gravy, and about 2 #'s of dressing.

What is still needed:
1. Heavy duty paper plates- 4-5 dozen per meal, per day.
2. Same goes for plasticware- don't use your fingers guys, the ladies are watchin!!!
3. Paper towels and/or napkins. Do the math...
4. large precooked and sliced hams for dinner & lunchmeat.
5. Potatoes
6. Stuffing/dressing
7. Canned veggies- green beans, corn, etc..
8. Dinner rolls & butter/margarine
9. Olives, pickles, pepperoncinis, raw veggies, etc, for appetizer/snack trays
10. chips and dips
11. Cranberry sauce
12. Mushroom soup [ I dunno- it's on MT's list]
13. sandwich rolls for lunches
14. TOILET PAPER
15. ICE- it's an ongoing necessity, just like T.P.
16. FIREWOOD- either from the grocery store, your home stash, or old pallets..

17. Barbeques and charcoal

Please remember that this is a BYOB event- Bring Your Own Beverages!

If I've missed anything, or you have a suggestion, write me- PLEASE do NOT post it on the FORUM!

Thanks one and all for your suggestions and support!

Scott

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 24, 2006 20:46

Hello, one and all! With the small amount of space here there's little room for embellishment- so here goes! MountainTrouble's managed to bite off more than a molehill of trouble here~ as this has snowballed into a major west coast BK event! Not wanting her to pull *ALL* her hair out (bald women just don't do it for me), I've volunteered to step in and handle the logistics of this snowballing event! We now have a live band (as opposed to dead...?)lined up, porta-potties lined up, and two (Friday and Saturday) impromptu scenic rides planned. Further info on these to follow! Plenty of room for camping/tents/etc., and those sissified girls that feel the need can sleep inside the house. There's a lot that's been done- and even more that needs to be done. There are those that have committed already to bringing food & supplies, but much more is needed! Given the amazingly HUGE response, the expenses are mounting at an exponential rate! It is therefore humbly requested that all who attend please assist in the success of this event by providing: the modest amount of $15 per day of your stay to cover entertainment and facilities (the band and the crappers), and also to bring something to add to- and share in- the festivities of this most wonderful of holidays! We're all here to give thanks for our family, friends, God, and country- so pledge to help our family of friends by your help with food, disposable plates & utensils, ice, party sized cookware, etcetera! I have a humble list of food and/or items already committed, so please contact me with what you'd like to offer our gracious host for her hospitality- and let's make sure we dont end up with 50 variations of potato salad! Well- I'm nearly out of space here, so if you have any questions, or are ready to RSVP formally and assist with our expenses, please contact *ME* ASAP- as we need to have cash up front to secure the amenities and entertainment for everyone's enjoyment! Thanks, and God bless! Scott

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 24, 2006 06:17

RSVP - I will be there on Friday. I'm bringin my famous Turkey Enchiladas, apple pie, all the stuff for those "turkey/berry/stuffing sandwiches, booze, CD's, sodas, paper plates, cups, ice...hmmm what else...oh yeah - ME - lol. I'll be emailing u for addy Mountain and sendin $ on the 1st for help with potty and hopefully a band...how's that coming along? Sandy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 23, 2006 23:21

SuspendedLostBoys write:
secretsquirrel write:
mauriciof1946 write:
Turkey dinner in the mountains! Yeah.
I'll bring a sleeping bag but have no tent.Hope it doesn't get too cold at night. Count me in.
Mauricio.

Re:

Mauricio..don't worry we ladys are bringing extra tents...must be a guy thing .....HA!

Re:

It must be nice Gathering-Nut's in Arnies state.
Missed you Squirell-Girl at Kats surviver party, just a stone-throw from Daytona dontchaknow.
Have fun and party like there's no tommorrow.

Peace
SLB

SLB Awe thanks for thinking of me..I'm sure you all turned over a few!.yes enjoying the "NUTT" gathering here in Cali..Arnold has nothing on me!!.I'm lovin it here in Cali again! God I missed it and my friends...We are going to do it up wild in the woods!!!The Pusskateer squad is getting bigger!! There will be pics!!

There are plans in the works at my place and for a Spring Salton Sea Fling in April....and a nice run to Baja..bring your buns to southern Cali!!
you stay safe!! don't be a stranger!!
Rocky=.)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 23, 2006 20:18

In the house...ladies any of you want to share your space with this one....I sure do not remember a promise of that nature...But I am sure we can find space for that travel trailer we talked about.... ;)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 23, 2006 15:37

Yes! I'll be there Friday~ with bells on! Just don't forget to save me that spot in the house like you promised!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 23, 2006 14:05

We can rent a double Port a Potty with sink for $150 for the weekend, plus tax and delivery fee of $30.00. I do not have money up front to rent it, but if someone does, they can call me and we will work it out. To rent a single is $100...plus tax and the delivery fee is the same...so it is only $50 more to rent two...and it even has a sink! Let me know! Soon...so we can get it before it rents out.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 23, 2006 13:21

Hello Mountaintrouble,

Thank you for the Thanks Giving invite, I actually have Thanksgiving at my house for all of my friends, family and friends of friends; but thank you, it sounds like a lot of fun...Keep me posted with upcoming events, no matter how long of short the ride is, I will ride it...
Have a great week, Kap

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 23, 2006 02:59

Hello Trouble,
I am officially a member now!
Watch Out! LOL!

I am looking forward to the Turkey Day Fest and I will be there.
Were you able to find out about prices for the hostel and local hotels?

Call me if you need anything additional
at all, OK?

Look forward to meeting everyone!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 22, 2006 21:53

I have two tents....I'll obviously be using one....however, the other is a tarp tent from my backpacking days.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 22, 2006 09:11

secretsquirrel write:
mauriciof1946 write:
I'll bring a sleeping bag but have no tent.Hope it doesn't get too cold at night. Count me in.
Mauricio.

Re:

Mauricio..don't worry we ladys are bringing extra tents...must be a guy thing .....HA!

Re:

It must be nice Gathering-Nut's in Arnies state.
Missed you Squirell-Girl at Kats surviver party, just a stone-throw from Daytona dontchaknow.
Have fun and party like there's no tommorrow.

Peace
SLB

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2006 23:45

mauriciof1946 write:
Mauricio.

Re:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2006 23:42

springerbill write:
Ohh yea nothing like a 7 hr ride to party, gas tank is filled, will be headed that way sooooon. cant wait to enjoy the ride and people

Re:

Hey were sweeping for you I expect a ride!!..my leathers are talking to me!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2006 23:35

Hi Nanc look forward to seeing you and Chris..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2006 07:47

Ohh yea nothing like a 7 hr ride to party, gas tank is filled, will be headed that way sooooon. cant wait to enjoy the ride and people

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 20, 2006 22:00

mountaintrouble write:
Don't worry Rocky, you are in....hey like your friends

Re:

Hey g/f the shirt is bringing kegs...plural...my oldest want's a taste of a biker weekend...I need trail mix!! i'm bringing 20 lbs of turkey and mashed spuds/gravy...hugs g/f...love ya....friends talking camp...looking for outlets..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 20, 2006 10:29

Mauricio.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 20, 2006 09:57

Ok, a few new thoughts and such...

Be sure to check out the other forum site...under Motorcycle Events...Wild Turkeyfest in the California Mountains as a few others are posting there..

FAQ: Can I bring a friend/friends? Yes, just tell me the RSVP is for ___ how many?

Can some of you bring pre-cooked and sliced ham?

AT THE 4 WAY STOP IN MARIPOSA, DO A COMPLETE STOP AND COUNT.......THIS IS A FAVORITE PLACE FOR THE LOCAL COPS TO FILL THEIR TICKET BOOKS. OH, THEY ALSO CHECK SPEED BIG TIME ON THE HWY BETWEEN MARIPOSA AND MIDPINES.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 19, 2006 11:28

hi looking forward to seeing u all thanksgiving weekend