Home > Biker Forums > Motorcycle events > 2nd Annual Wild Turkeyfest in the California Mountains Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
2nd Annual Wild Turkeyfest in the California Mountains
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 26, 2007 15:44

The Wild Turkeyfest is on again!!!!

DATE: Nov. 22nd - 25th

We are doing it again. I have already received several RSVPS!!
This year we are doing things a little different to make it easier on those of us throwing this massive party.

VERY SIMPLE THIS YEAR.

If your REAL last name begins with:
A - L - bring a pre cooked turkey, cut up, stuffing, one package of margarine or a bag of fruit of your choice, paper plates, a roll of paper towels, a roll of toilet paper, AND 10 items of your choice for the pinata.
M - Z - bring a pre-cooked ham, cut up, rolls for sandwiches, and salad makings of your choice (i.e.: macaroni or potatoes for mac or potato salad), a box of plastic silverware, a roll of paper towels, a roll of toilet paper, AND 10 items for the pinata.
We will supply the pinata; we will also provide the hot turkey day traditional meal. Anything you want to add is cool. OH, bring coffee, tea, or beverages of you choice.
Your food will be for the meals for the rest of the week. We will also provide the rest of the makings for sandwiches and salads.
I am still not Suzy Homemaker, so folks feel free to come and cook, take over my kitchen. Last year we had a great group of cooks, and the food was wonderful.

We will be riding every day, but if you do not want to ride, there will be a group without bikes, so come and join us.

You can camp anywhere on my five acres of land. There are also dozens of hotels in the area, even a bug hostel not 3 minutes from my home. If you want names and #'s, email me for them. There is limited floor space in my home and those are open to ladies first.
We have two horse shoe pits this year, and still have the darts.
BAND? I cannot afford it, so if you want to hire one, I will get you names of good local bands and YOU can set it up. BUT there is music in the area, so if no band at my house, we will still have a night of dancing.
RSVP's welcome.
OH, and bring your own bottle.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 04, 2008 18:56

Hey girl you doing this again this year? PS going to be a Nonna for christmas It's a girl!!! hugs love ya

squirrel
Rocky=.)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 05, 2007 19:31

Hey Reynee, I am so happy for you, Grandma, I am yet to be made a Grandma...but have four kids who should some day make me proud. lol....Miss you lady....a party is never the same without you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 01, 2007 22:41

Glad to see ya had a blast!!..Miss you guys!! Always good to not be alone on a holiday!! 22 days and my Men will be here!! Reynee Congrats=.} Granny!!

Hugs to you all!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 28, 2007 18:52

Hello, u r looking great- glad all had a good time, Steve called me lastg night but Iwas in the sleeper in Laredo, TX. I had a great t-day, and guess what, I found out I'm going to be a grandma again.... Yippee. the baby will arive in August. Love to all gotta run, trucking my way to NC.
Reynee

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 27, 2007 10:55

Well, another Turkeyfest is in the past. A great party! This year was a whole different party than last year. We had a lot fewer people...so were able to have a more personable party....But it was great! We rode a lot...and ate when we were not riding. Had a great time. Till next year...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 25, 2007 18:59

I wanted to go but was coming down with a cold so I had to pass up the invitation. Hope all had a good time. Maybe next year I'll make it. Let me know if you come down here.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 17, 2007 17:29

..Ok...a couple of questions I keep getting..."Can I buy my stuff when I get there?" Yes...not a problem. "What is the weather like this time of year?" This year is it low 60's during the day....and clear....and night in the high 30's.
Oh...and for directions just email me...I cannot put them here...BK keeps taking them off...lol SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 17, 2007 03:31

G'day Love
I'm Having Thanksgiving dinner with my Mum and sister in Manhattan Beach. Leaving early on the 23rd for the "Wild Turkeyfest". BCNU Sheila's and all your mates in the afternoon or early evening of the 23rd.

Cheers,
Aussie

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 12, 2007 23:37

Yes, I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks again for all the info.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 12, 2007 22:30

Do you really New York? Why not come on out and see how the other side of the world lives? You have a ticket.......and a warm bed....waiting...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 08, 2007 22:30

Hi Girlfriend!!! Missed ya at American Heat. We had one Mt Lady here,{Palm Springs} "Rose" and I'm still waiting for some Pics!..next year there shutting down the Canyon Blvd. like Sturgis and letting us run back and forth...going to put the vendors along the streets again..but back to you..you better be here for that one!!!! I'm going to miss ya this year..but will thinking of ya! My men are coming for Christmas and have to be ready for them...for those that don't know..Dan an I have 3 young men..13,14 and 15...so we have moved and getting there rooms ready!! love ya Honey!! and we will we talking!! Hugs to you Mt. Ladys!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 06, 2007 23:10

Hey there,
I'll be there atleast for one of the days,maybe more if things work out.Looking forward to having a fun time.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 06, 2007 12:45

Well, Karen and Rose, fond memories of last year, however will be with family in michigan this year. Keep warm, and ride safe. oh and remember to do a dance at the club for me lol. ttyl

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 05, 2007 19:53

Alright this looks like something different. As of this moment I am thinking I could blast up on Thursday party with you lot on Friday and auto pilot Saturday back. Any one in San Diego want to run with. Sounds like fun.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 31, 2007 15:37

Ya know I wanna be there

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 30, 2007 20:37

YES!!!!! I am looking forward to seeing you there. Would not be a Turkeyfest without you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 29, 2007 22:50

Of course I'll be there, gotta get to get together with my girls!