Home > Biker Forums > Religion > Any male Christian bikers out there--the real deal? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Any male Christian bikers out there--the real deal?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 27, 2005 11:11

nb--sounds like you're getting excited about your trip-that's great. When you're back we'll all want to hear the stories.
nb--sounds like you're getting excited about your trip-that's great. When you're back we'll all want to hear the stories.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 27, 2005 07:15

Hey mikif, good words! Most people think it is about religion, but it's not, it's about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! I love Jesus with all my heart! He has and still is sooo good to me! His mercies are renewed everyday. Who Jesus sets free is free indeed!!! may God bless y'all real good everyday...in Jesus' name!!! Preacher Mike
Hey mikif, good words! Most people think it is about religion, but it's not, it's about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! I love Jesus with all my heart! He has and still is sooo good to me! His mercies are renewed everyday. Who Jesus sets free is free indeed!!! may God bless y'all real good everyday...in Jesus' name!!! Preacher Mike

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 15:11

havfun write:
nealb49 write:
mikif;

Thanks for your insights. It's good to hear a woman's perspective. We were very close, especially the last 4 years, as I cared for her 24/7. There was no help. People over time withdrew from us. They just didn't know how to deal with the physical changes she was going through. I lost her one piece at a time. Right down to her beautiful smile. She never complained and was always more concerned about my needs than her own. She taught me what it really meant to love another. She taught me how to live to serve, and serve to live. I know she is now whole and complete. I believe I must still have alot ot learn, otherwise I wouldn't still be here.

Your advice is well directed. I will certainly think on what you have said and try to apply your wisdom as I face each new day. So much to learn . . . such little time.

nb

hi! back from my trip, umm, I traded bikes for the same reason, memories, only in my case it was a filipina who ripped me off and turned all my relatives against me, and guess what? the guy who bought my old bike was looking for a scoot to take his mind off HISD divorce! taking that triphelped me, and it will help you. sometimes those solitary miles give us the emotional distance we need from a pain, but I do so very much feel for your loss, and know she wouldnot want you unhappy, my friend, God bless.

Thanks bro -- I believe the same, everyone I've shared about my trip with has been supportive. I feel compelled to go, and the more I plan and prepare for the trip, the more I feel in my heart that the Lord is with me on this. I'm looking forward to what I will discover along the way. . . what God will reveal to me.

nb

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2005 21:18

PADDYWADDY write:
I have had a hard time finding guys on this site who don;t end up getting out of hand.I am far from a prude but would like to get to know some one who say that they are a christian man in their profiles but when talking to them it is really hard to tell. I believe that you can be a biker and love the LORD at the same time,which i thought this site was just that i still like this site just wish more real men would come out of the woodwork.I have made some really good friends on here ,dated several ,but the creeps need an adjustment or two I know there are christian guys on here but either i am looking in a different direction or they are hiding,which is sad cause some of my sisters feel the same way i do
I have had a hard time finding guys on this site who don;t end up getting out of hand.I am far from a prude but would like to get to know some one who say that they are a christian man in their profiles but when talking to them it is really hard to tell. I believe that you can be a biker and love the LORD at the same time,which i thought this site was just that i still like this site just wish more real men would come out of the woodwork.I have made some really good friends on here ,dated several ,but the creeps need an adjustment or two I know there are christian guys on here but either i am looking in a different direction or they are hiding,which is sad cause some of my sisters feel the same way i do

Hi paddy, im not a gold member so i cant contact u directly but I would be glad to talk to you about the Lord or motorcycles anytime.If u are still interested. sorry, i jus came back from a 1500 mile trip.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2005 21:13

nealb49 write:
mikif;

Thanks for your insights. It's good to hear a woman's perspective. We were very close, especially the last 4 years, as I cared for her 24/7. There was no help. People over time withdrew from us. They just didn't know how to deal with the physical changes she was going through. I lost her one piece at a time. Right down to her beautiful smile. She never complained and was always more concerned about my needs than her own. She taught me what it really meant to love another. She taught me how to live to serve, and serve to live. I know she is now whole and complete. I believe I must still have alot ot learn, otherwise I wouldn't still be here.

Your advice is well directed. I will certainly think on what you have said and try to apply your wisdom as I face each new day. So much to learn . . . such little time.

nb

hi! back from my trip, umm, I traded bikes for the same reason, memories, only in my case it was a filipina who ripped me off and turned all my relatives against me, and guess what? the guy who bought my old bike was looking for a scoot to take his mind off HISD divorce! taking that triphelped me, and it will help you. sometimes those solitary miles give us the emotional distance we need from a pain, but I do so very much feel for your loss, and know she wouldnot want you unhappy, my friend, God bless.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2005 21:06

mikif write:
Havfun--by likeminded I mean we believe in Jesus...I don't worry about the denominations because the bottom line is pretty simple--serve God and love each other. I believe love isn't so much how you feel as how you treat others. I was raised a Catholic but pretty much opted for fundamentalism at the age of 18. I believe there are God-fearing nuns and priests who really serve God but I don't agree with alot of their notions. For one thing bible study wasn't encouraged where I was so I just believed as I was directed. In any case God knows the heart no matter what we call it.

hi! im back from my trip, umm, my comments were actually meant to head off people fussing at YOU , about just who is like minded and what like minded should be.. those sorts of arguments have no end, sorry i didnt word it better, smile.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 22, 2005 12:41

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 19, 2005 18:30

My husband of 34 years passed less than two years ago. I know some of your pain.

Ironically it was I who got ill in '98 and he cared for me.

Like you nealb49 I also must have a purpose since my Lord walked w/me through the valley of death and led me out of it.

I talk to my late husband...esp. when I'm riding my scoot. I tell him to come along w/me and enjoy the ride. lol I also hear him when I mess up..'where was your head at woman?'..just like when he was living.

I was so blessed to have known love like his. If I know love again..what a bonus.
My husband of 34 years passed less than two years ago. I know some of your pain.

Ironically it was I who got ill in '98 and he cared for me.

Like you nealb49 I also must have a purpose since my Lord walked w/me through the valley of death and led me out of it.

I talk to my late husband...esp. when I'm riding my scoot. I tell him to come along w/me and enjoy the ride. lol I also hear him when I mess up..'where was your head at woman?'..just like when he was living.

I was so blessed to have known love like his. If I know love again..what a bonus.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 19, 2005 12:39

nealb49 write:
Thanks havfun, I'm needing to get away for awhile also. It's hard though to just pick up and go. So many memories. I'm taking my time to sort things out and go through this grieving process. Have put up the bike, we spent so much time together on, for sale and have put a deposit on a new bike. It's kind of a letting go of the past and starting fresh. I know I need to move forward, although I believe this will always be with me. Planning a real long ride in the spring from Oregon to New Hampshire (Laconia) then on to see the US, old friends and daughter in VA. It's a goal we always wanted to do together, now a memorial ride. I hope to clear some of the cobwebs out of my head, meet folks around the country and discover the future. You've heard the saying "life's what happens when your making other plans". I've got an empty slate right now -- lot's to consider.

Hi nealb49, Sorry to hear about your loss...Hugs...May I suggest a thread you might want to check out here on BikerKiss? Look under "Romance" & the thread is called "Widow and Widowers post only please".

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 22:43

mikif;

nb

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 13:34

Havfun--by likeminded I mean we believe in Jesus...I don't worry about the denominations because the bottom line is pretty simple--serve God and love each other. I believe love isn't so much how you feel as how you treat others. I was raised a Catholic but pretty much opted for fundamentalism at the age of 18. I believe there are God-fearing nuns and priests who really serve God but I don't agree with alot of their notions. For one thing bible study wasn't encouraged where I was so I just believed as I was directed. In any case God knows the heart no matter what we call it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 13:25

Hey nealb49---there's no words I can say to make things easier for you but I can pass on something it took me a long time to figure out. Make yourself think of only the good times you had with her and push the rest away. The sadness will be replaced after a while. Don't stop talking to her because the best part of her isn't gone. One more thing--she feels better now and because of love won't want you to suffer.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 13, 2005 22:22

Thanks havfun, I'm needing to get away for awhile also. It's hard though to just pick up and go. So many memories. I'm taking my time to sort things out and go through this grieving process. Have put up the bike, we spent so much time together on, for sale and have put a deposit on a new bike. It's kind of a letting go of the past and starting fresh. I know I need to move forward, although I believe this will always be with me. Planning a real long ride in the spring from Oregon to New Hampshire (Laconia) then on to see the US, old friends and daughter in VA. It's a goal we always wanted to do together, now a memorial ride. I hope to clear some of the cobwebs out of my head, meet folks around the country and discover the future. You've heard the saying "life's what happens when your making other plans". I've got an empty slate right now -- lot's to consider.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 12, 2005 18:13

nealb49 write:
It's good to see a few folks that know who to put 1st in their life. I'm pretty new to this. Just lost the love of my life to 'multiple systems atrophy' after 34 years, the last 10 we learned what it really ment to "serve to live and live to serve" and we spent the last 3 years 24/7 together letting go and letting God. Right now I'm just looking for folks to talk to. I spend most of my time trying to understand God's purpose and seeking direction for the future. It's like being shoved out of an airplane wondering if the parachute is going to open while I'm free-falling at 120 mph.

he4a my friend, my circumstances are very different, but ican identify with your feelings, im taking a weeks vacation in the mountains to sort my head out, i hope, but i am here to listen to you, or nayone else, anytime. This, i think, is the fellowship we are encouraged to participate in. Anyone can sit in the pew, or sing, (well, i cant!) but supporting each other in time of need, thats really serving the Lord, and your brothers or sisters, my prayers are with you, and your dearly departed.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 11, 2005 23:31

It's good to see a few folks that know who to put 1st in their life. I'm pretty new to this. Just lost the love of my life to 'multiple systems atrophy' after 34 years, the last 10 we learned what it really ment to "serve to live and live to serve" and we spent the last 3 years 24/7 together letting go and letting God. Right now I'm just looking for folks to talk to. I spend most of my time trying to understand God's purpose and seeking direction for the future. It's like being shoved out of an airplane wondering if the parachute is going to open while I'm free-falling at 120 mph.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 11, 2005 20:32

mikif write:
Hey Rides and you too Gruven...between the three of our locations there must be thousands of Christians. I guess we're just hard to spot because by appearances you can't tell the difference. God bless you and remember you have a friend here in San Diego.

there are a lot of Christians on this site, but i doubt that we are neccessarily like minded, or else why would there be so many denominations, let alone religious systems? Faith, love, are such simple things, but the interpretation of them is up to the individual, and thus as unique as each individual. Christ is my saviour, and my best friend!And He can be the same for anyone that calls on Him, amen!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 12:14

Hey Rides and you too Gruven...between the three of our locations there must be thousands of Christians. I guess we're just hard to spot because by appearances you can't tell the difference. God bless you and remember you have a friend here in San Diego.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 09:30

I'm a real Christian man ,but I'm in south carolina, i do a prison ministry, mostly music and testimony,sorry so far away, would love to meet someone with a true heart for Christ here. there is none other but Him! penpals? nick

Available only
to logged in members