Home > Biker Forums > Suzuki > suzuki Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
suzuki
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 17, 2007 03:38

hi i was just wodering i just brought a kn air fliter i had normal one before now the bike is starvining at 5 thousnad rpm do i incress the fuel or what do thinks going on

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 02, 2010 10:23

why would you want to beat a busa on a katana, i can only imagine the rattle and shakes.. hehehe busa is made for those speeds..

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 31, 2007 09:29

When using a K&N air filter,you are suppose to re-jet and go with (Dyno-Jet Stage 3)You will pay about $125.- for the jet kit.you'll get better performance over all outta your bike!.For instance I tryed the same thing using my stock air box.Later switched to 4-single K&N filters and OMG what a change.But since then my 1992 Suzuki 1100 Katana has had a big make over.I've added a 1349 stroker kit & Flat slide carbs with K&N filters.So my 1100 is plus 249.It beats a stock Busa with ease..But not for sale..The bike tops out at 240 with race fuel and and around 225 with regular gas give or take a few..

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 21, 2007 23:34

hi ive got the same sort of peoblem ive got a gsxr 7/11 cv carbs k&n filters on back of carbs 135 main jets but give it a handfell she bogs down

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 20, 2007 23:09

You need to post more info. Bike model would help. Is it carb-ed? Did you just put on a new oil k&n filter? You do know those filters need to be oiled. Is it in the factory filter box? Pull a plug and tell us what it looks like (oiled or burnt white).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 19, 2007 13:18

Not knowing what bike you have, i'm assuming it's carburated. If so, get a rejet kit or take it and have it rejetted.

I know with mine, i had the same problem and it fixed it.

-S-