Jump to:
motor homes
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 08, 2005 17:08

mdamotocycle write:
What hurt worse yer but or back? Any good pics? The company I weld for built
the lights for Crazy Horse.

My back. Geez. Fightin the natural crosswinds and the draft off the "Long, Long Trailer". I could tell when the crosswind shifted. The same draft off the trailers, but now it's one way, the next second the other. Better on the back, but nerve wrackin. BTW...I rode bitch up there. I'm gettin back in the saddle after a long need. Had to raise my daughter. Cash for her was way more important than a ride for me.
Man I rode with has a clue. Been ridin a lifetime. Got her the 95 and used it to pass all those weenies in the slow lane. GRINS. Just kiddin....but da**it, some just don't know what they missed cause they don't wanna tough it out. So worth it. I'm still going through pics and get misty.
I'll never forget the pair of Ultra Classics in the parking lot of a motel in Iowa. Trailered. Why? Unless they are older folks and it just has to be that way. I saw my elders up there and my heart was full. They still rollin. Or trailer a chop that cannot make the trip. Few excuses to make it home. I waited 25 years to get there.

May God bless our Southern folk.
Those affected.
Those that have the guts to go.
Those that help in any small way any way they can.
And may God bless us bikers. We're a loving and opinionated lot. And we care.

El Dub

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 08, 2005 00:20

What hurt worse yer but or back? Any good pics? The company I weld for built
the lights for Crazy Horse.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 07, 2005 07:58

OH.....come on now. You're not old.

Have to tell ya....it did hurt. Hurt bad. About 650 miles the first day on Friday. From OKC to Sioux City. Then got beat up by the "draft" on Saturday west on 90. Still, I would not trade that experience for anything in the world. I'd do it again without question. To make the run and then feel the love in SD.
I get a little opinionated sometimes, no offense meant ever. Thas jus me.
El Dub.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 21:47

WL Enjoy! Yerself.
Old wusssssssssssssss!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 20:17

madam.....they have h0t showers for a fin.
my bad....YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 20:11

Yeah....my knee hurts too. Advil just ain't workin. I've stood on my feet for work all my life. I work 12's, Nights. 7p-7a. Concrete. I did it.My guy is 62...near 63...just needs a nap. Me be 45 in Nov. It's the ride...dammit. And the love. Hugs SLB.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 22:11

LW Dont get me wrong. I love campin n
I only am 2 years older than you.After
26 years on a factory cement floor.I need a real bed and shower! Ok Im an
ol puzzy 30 miles or 252 on a sport
bike still gonna make my azz n back
hurt!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 01, 2005 08:43

SuspendedLostBoys write:

lonewench write:
Gonna pi$$ a load 'o folks off. Why not? We got two wheels....and they got like sixteen? 90 West. We's the one's passin yer a at 85. On the '03 slide. From 12 pm to 4 pm. Saturday. I'd love to have an ear with just one a you......to get a feel for what it's like in the draft. Cause most of yer rich aes ain't been there. KMA El f##kin W.

I don't mean to be inconsiderate but!
Please explain what you wrote above?

SLB

Not inconsiderate at all. On 90 West...headed into Sturgis Saturday afternoon, startin in about 250 miles out. Motorhomes. The longest they make, I guess. I don't own one and have no desire. Add the bike trailers they were hauling. This was bumper to bumper to bumper in the right lane. It's either ride behind 'em and get the sh!t beat out a ya off the draft, or pass 'em, and still get the sh!t beat out a ya. Well he//, we passed em. Course they were runnin 70, so's we were runnin 80 to 90. Add the natural crosswinds from the land. What a fuin ride.
My point. I saw way too many geezer glides bein hauled. Get outta that comfy and ride.
It was my first trip after waitin 25 years to get there. I earned the right to run the camp roads and grab my beads. BTW....I rode bit@$. 2700 miles. Some folks parked the hotel they brought with 'em. I slept in a tent. And LOVED every minute. Will not be my last trip. I just know now to stay off 90 West Saturday afternoon. GD pansy a$$es.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 21:37

lonewench write:
Gonna pi$$ a load 'o folks off. Why not? We got two wheels....and they got like sixteen? 90 West. We's the one's passin yer a@@ at 85. On the '03 slide. From 12 pm to 4 pm. Saturday. I'd love to have an ear with just one a you......to get a feel for what it's like in the draft. Cause most of yer rich a@@es ain't been there. KMA El f##kin W.

I don't mean to be inconsiderate but!
Please explain what you wrote above?

SLB