Home > Biker Forums > Biker wanna be > motor homes Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
motor homes
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 17, 2005 01:07

MsbikerKitten said;"Hey there sweety.....see you found us.I'll let everyone know we got a newbie....lol.There is a initiation ya know!"

Kitten-roflmao!
DD

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2005 10:49

One thing I would like to add. The times I drove my 19 ft. motorhome around, I always had people cutting in front of me. I was constantly frustrated by having to brake and slow down myself because people were cutting in front of me. They wanted to s*h*a*v*e (hysterical you can't type s have!hehehe) the 3 minutes or 30 seconds off of their time on the road.

Ride Free, Ride Safe...
DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 15, 2005 04:01

Be cool Bros: That was kinda my point!!! Talk about rideing, but on the other hand b*&ch about it!! Better be carefull with the fingers & ball bearing its a small WORLD

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 11:17

a82lowride write:
I dont have a problem with trailer Queens.But I ride mine.The Yuppie can do as they like.But stay off my azz.Running home east on 90,some jerk has to runnig 80 pulling a 30ft trailer in bumper to bumper trafic. the jerk wouldn't back off, after several signals to get my tail. He got a one inch steel ball bearing threw the radiator. I love going to sturgis. but from now on it will be a week before or after the rally

a82lowride:
I can understand you're being extremely upset at a driver who puts you in such danger.
And, There is no name calling neccessary. Using words to Judge and hurt others only hurts your soul in the end. I am sure you probably already know that and just blew off steam in some nice people's direction.
Trailer Queen and Yuppie?
Not here. lol.
DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 05:42

a82lowride write:
I dont have a problem with trailer Queens.But I ride mine.The Yuppie can do as they like.But stay off my azz.Running home east on 90,some jerk has to runnig 80 pulling a 30ft trailer in bumper to bumper trafic. the jerk wouldn't back off, after several signals to get my tail. He got a one inch steel ball bearing threw the radiator. I love going to sturgis. but from now on it will be a week before or after the rally

Hey there sweety.....see you found us.I'll let everyone know we got a newbie....lol.There is a initiation ya know!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 13, 2005 17:46

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 13, 2005 14:41

Many bikers are near retirement age. Many have decided to retire ealry and have a motorhome, belong to sites like this and travel all over the US and Canada, riding everywhere they go.

Sounds good to me.
Such a blast to feel comfy and have your home on wheels. I would like to connect with a great guy and do this for several months out of the year. Make some of the meets, and have a blast with good people everywhere.
"Live and Let Live."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 08, 2005 22:31

Well said doakman. I help anybody out
when i see em down. Even if its just
a cold one!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 06, 2005 07:14

Be cool Texas sister: You rode yours to STURGIS, Great!!! As long as it was good for you & yours that's cool. Don't understand the direction that you took, but anyway. Born & raised in okla& tex, rode up here with my brother when i would see him when we started in the morning & at night, slep in Barns, along the road and places that you can't think of. Stayed in the park under a guys pickup, the chip wasnt nothing but a bunch of cow chit and the band was on a semi/trailer. My blonde of 32 yrs is still pis##d at some of the places i've told her, BE RIGHT BACK,!!! The point is: They used to want to shoot us & now they want to be like us. But i own a trailer, RV & bike, do i get to ride as much as i want, F**k no, but some of us trailer trash will probly be fixen your bike at some rally.. Lets all have respect for one another and ride when we can, but just go when we can't...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 06, 2005 18:57

onedrop write:
Hello Lonewench;

Please remember that $ 25,000 and 25 mile with/without a trailer doesn't make you a biker. For so many of the trailer trash this is a fad.

Dan

What's a fad dear? I made the best of it. Facin ghosts. My own.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 05, 2005 12:57

Amazing how many people here without RV's have opinions of why we might trailer or want to bring our own rig to a rally.
What usually happens is that when you're on the bike you'd rather be in the RV and when you're in the RV you'd rather be on the bike.
There are a lot of reasons to trailer. Pain avoidance is just one of them.
Is it the RV'ers fault the wind was blowing when you passed them? No. They have as many problems with the wind as you do.
I live in an RV full-time and I trailer about once a year. A lot has to do with how many miles it is to where I'm going, what the weather on the passes going to be like, how much is a motel/hotel going to cost when I get there vs gas for the RV and a site in an RV park, how many people are going, whether they have back/neck issues, the fact I have my own beds, clothes, a furnace, generator, washer/dryer, stove/oven, air conditioners at the end of the day and can provide a place to party out of the weather. Not to mention a clean bathroom vs a port-a-potty, which most women appreciate.
That said, I enjoy the ride too. I've gotten over 26K miles between 2 bikes and I've done that in 3 years. I've only trailered in late October and only for 3K miles. I'd rather be stuck in a blizzard for a couple days on the side of the road in a motorhome with a furnace and food and bed than trying to ride through it and when it's so bad you can't go on trying to find a safe place to pitch a tent (if you even have one with you) and freezing my but* off or that of my partner.
You say that the ride is the thing, you've not ridden in -20 degree weather with ice and snow on the road and no heated leathers or gloves, and that's just around town.
That's why I trailer.
And dont' think it's all fun and games trailering. Rv'ers have as many problems not being seen or being cut off by idiots as bikers do.
I have a 75 gal tank in my RV and get between 8 and 10 mpg. I have to drive between 55 and 68 usually to get the best gas mileage. It costs me between 30 and 50 a night to stay in a KOA or most RV parks unless a rally is going on, then near the rally all the campgrounds charge 4 to 500 for a week (good reason not to trailer to Sturgis).
Sure, I can stay in most WalMart parking lots and all truck stops for free, but no matter what, I have to worry like you do about the safety of my bike, RV, and trailer. Oh, and with my RV I have ALL my weapons and alarms. Not just a knife or pistol.
In my RV I'm not likely to get run over by a drunk biker during the night though. And my passenger(s) can make a pot of coffee and sandwiches while going down the road, and be much more rested and ready to ride whatever local trails there are when they get there.
Sorry about the wind problem you had, I've been there done that myself. Going across Kansas heading East last summer on the bike, the wind was blowing so hard I had to push right while making a left turn. Was it a great ride? Dang right. Did our buddy trailering have problems too? Yep. He went through more money getting there, spent less staying there, and was more rested when he got there than we were. There's good points and bad ones to trailering, just as there are to riding bikes. Live your life in a manner which makes you feel comfortable and if you want to know why someone trailers, ask them. Or go with them next time. It's a whole other experience in a 100 to 500K RV pulling a 30 to 150K bike and trailer with 2 people and in some cases even kids than it is on the bike. And that's just getting there.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 04, 2005 11:04

Hello Lonewench;

Please remember that $ 25,000 and 25 mile with/without a trailer doesn't make you a biker. For so many of the trailer trash this is a fad.

Dan

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 04, 2005 07:53

Woodburn2005 write:
I rode to Sturgis this year, the trip is half the fun, 3200 miles in 11 days, mine go's on a trailer when it's broke down, not a polisher, let's get em dirty, with lots of bugs, had to stop and remove the tumble weeds once too! If it don't fit on the bike it aint going for the ride. There's a new trailer trash out there, yuppies!

hugsya
El Dub

You camp? Where? Hot muther. Till Wed. Scr88w takin a 4 pm nap in the tent. Turkey made my happy hour.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 30, 2005 08:43

I rode to Sturgis this year, the trip is half the fun, 3200 miles in 11 days, mine go's on a trailer when it's broke down, not a polisher, let's get em dirty, with lots of bugs, had to stop and remove the tumble weeds once too! If it don't fit on the bike it aint going for the ride. There's a new trailer trash out there, yuppies!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 22:57

For me its just about taken care of whats behind my handle bars. Yes I see alot of trailers and I'm not sure what having a rolling house is like. Just know that for me, at this time in my life, the joy and freedom keep my face in the wind

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 15:46

dragonDrew said "the kids can come in the car but if someone turned up in a mobile hotel then it would probably be torched or summit!"

DragonDrew,
What about people who love to ride, but can only do short distances due to severe neck or back pain? Maybe somebody is on oxygen tank, or has a cast, etc.
I wouldn't torch their home-on-wheels. I'd be happy if they could get on a bike at all.

DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 02:02

Should come to a rally here in England we dont allow motorhomes or crap like that!!! Bikers are bikers so they need to be on bikes/trikes........if they got there family sure the kids can come in the car but if someone turned up in a mobile hotel then it would probably be torched or summit!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 09, 2005 18:55

SuspendedLostBoys write:

lonewench write:
OH.....come on now. You're not old.

Have to tell ya....it did hurt. Hurt bad. About 650 miles the first day on Friday. From OKC to Sioux City. Then got beat up by the "draft" on Saturday west on 90. Still, I would not trade that experience for anything in the world. I'd do it again without question. To make the run and then feel the love in SD.
I get a little opinionated sometimes, no offense meant ever. Thas jus me.
El Dub.

Lonewench does I90 still have those pavement hump-bumps?
The reason why I ask is in 1988 the first year I went I rode 90 all across SD and the ride went bumpity bumpity bumpity bumpity all the way.
Wow I still remember that till this day.
I would never take the superslab again after that.
Peace

SLB

Still got some bumpity. Not that I noticed that too much. Was busy tryin to keep my behind sat right. I know you've seen those dummies on TV down south (reporters) gettin knocked over when a big blow comes through? Much the same. All I could do was cuss and hang on. Still wouldn't trade it for nothin. Just find another route, but what choice is there? Any idees? Besides goin a week early? I found that one out.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 09, 2005 00:14

EL better get used to all kinds of folk
on all kinds of bikes.With gas going
up every body n there sister will get
one. I look at that as more potenual (sp) friends if they stay up!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 08, 2005 17:22

lonewench write:
OH.....come on now. You're not old.

Have to tell ya....it did hurt. Hurt bad. About 650 miles the first day on Friday. From OKC to Sioux City. Then got beat up by the "draft" on Saturday west on 90. Still, I would not trade that experience for anything in the world. I'd do it again without question. To make the run and then feel the love in SD.
I get a little opinionated sometimes, no offense meant ever. Thas jus me.
El Dub.

Lonewench does I90 still have those pavement hump-bumps?
The reason why I ask is in 1988 the first year I went I rode 90 all across SD and the ride went bumpity bumpity bumpity bumpity all the way.
Wow I still remember that till this day.
I would never take the superslab again after that.
Peace

SLB