Home > Biker Forums > Biker wanna be > motor homes Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
motor homes
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 19:30

Gonna pi$$ a load 'o folks off. Why not? We got two wheels....and they got like sixteen? 90 West. We's the one's passin yer a@@ at 85. On the '03 slide. From 12 pm to 4 pm. Saturday. I'd love to have an ear with just one a you......to get a feel for what it's like in the draft. Cause most of yer rich a@@es ain't been there. KMA El f##kin W.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 19:25

mdamotocycle write:
Hope the baby is better.

Thanks. He is. And all the way in Cali. I "survive" in TX. Tough stuff. I can't be there when I want. Kiddo is just doin great after a real rocky start. Thanks again.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 22:22

Hope the baby is better.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 13:49

falcon335 write:
Amazing how many people here without RV's have opinions of why we might trailer or want to bring our own rig to a rally.
What usually happens is that when you're on the bike you'd rather be in the RV and when you're in the RV you'd rather be on the bike.
There are a lot of reasons to trailer. Pain avoidance is just one of them.
Is it the RV'ers fault the wind was blowing when you passed them? No. They have as many problems with the wind as you do.
I live in an RV full-time and I trailer about once a year. A lot has to do with how many miles it is to where I'm going, what the weather on the passes going to be like, how much is a motel/hotel going to cost when I get there vs gas for the RV and a site in an RV park, how many people are going, whether they have back/neck issues, the fact I have my own beds, clothes, a furnace, generator, washer/dryer, stove/oven, air conditioners at the end of the day and can provide a place to party out of the weather. Not to mention a clean bathroom vs a port-a-potty, which most women appreciate.
That said, I enjoy the ride too. I've gotten over 26K miles between 2 bikes and I've done that in 3 years. I've only trailered in late October and only for 3K miles. I'd rather be stuck in a blizzard for a couple days on the side of the road in a motorhome with a furnace and food and bed than trying to ride through it and when it's so bad you can't go on trying to find a safe place to pitch a tent (if you even have one with you) and freezing my but* off or that of my partner.
You say that the ride is the thing, you've not ridden in -20 degree weather with ice and snow on the road and no heated leathers or gloves, and that's just around town.
That's why I trailer.
And dont' think it's all fun and games trailering. Rv'ers have as many problems not being seen or being cut off by idiots as bikers do.
I have a 75 gal tank in my RV and get between 8 and 10 mpg. I have to drive between 55 and 68 usually to get the best gas mileage. It costs me between 30 and 50 a night to stay in a KOA or most RV parks unless a rally is going on, then near the rally all the campgrounds charge 4 to 500 for a week (good reason not to trailer to Sturgis).
Sure, I can stay in most WalMart parking lots and all truck stops for free, but no matter what, I have to worry like you do about the safety of my bike, RV, and trailer. Oh, and with my RV I have ALL my weapons and alarms. Not just a knife or pistol.
In my RV I'm not likely to get run over by a drunk biker during the night though. And my passenger(s) can make a pot of coffee and sandwiches while going down the road, and be much more rested and ready to ride whatever local trails there are when they get there.
Sorry about the wind problem you had, I've been there done that myself. Going across Kansas heading East last summer on the bike, the wind was blowing so hard I had to push right while making a left turn. Was it a great ride? Dang right. Did our buddy trailering have problems too? Yep. He went through more money getting there, spent less staying there, and was more rested when he got there than we were. There's good points and bad ones to trailering, just as there are to riding bikes. Live your life in a manner which makes you feel comfortable and if you want to know why someone trailers, ask them. Or go with them next time. It's a whole other experience in a 100 to 500K RV pulling a 30 to 150K bike and trailer with 2 people and in some cases even kids than it is on the bike. And that's just getting there.

You spent all that time on that? Geez.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 13:32

a82lowride write:
I dont have a problem with trailer Queens.But I ride mine.The Yuppie can do as they like.But stay off my azz.Running home east on 90,some jerk has to runnig 80 pulling a 30ft trailer in bumper to bumper trafic. the jerk wouldn't back off, after several signals to get my tail. He got a one inch steel ball bearing threw the radiator. I love going to sturgis. but from now on it will be a week before or after the rally

Thanks fer the post.
I been gone for a while. Had an ill grandbaby. Kinda figured my post would be a tired old thing. Guess not. Havin yer but ridden ain't cool. But some actions aren't either. I wouldna acted on it. Just put up with it. Comes with age and wisdom. Sure cranks yer a## tho havin to do right. Ignore em. Best ya can.

I get how pi##ed ya were. Sure thinkin bout the week before. Again....thanks for the post. You seem to know what I-90 was like. I was ridin b#tch....with the one of the best. I won't be doin it again. Wasn't fun. When we got to town....I felt the love. I was misty leavin. A part of my heart lives there. Even so....on I-90....I felt the hate. No givin on either side. They be bigger than us and took the advantage at most opportunities. So many just did not care. That's sad. But life.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 20:05

Motorhomes aren't my thing, I ride where I travel usually, staying in motels, en route, a tent is carried as backup but seldom used I usually have something reserved for a vacation, a house, condo, bed n breakfast

I rarely take highways, and motorhomers do annoy me on secondary roads, but I am a bit anarchistic in regard to the yellow lines, when i do happen to be on the highway, motorhomes truckers, etc don't bother me either, I'm always going in the opposite direction from where everyone else is going

A couple of times I have traveled with my bike in the back of a pickup truck

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 14, 2005 13:39

HarleyGurl35 write:
Hey Zed! Been doing pretty good...were finally starting to get some cooler weather here in Texas so it's actually starting to feel like Christmas!

Hope things are good in your neck of the woods!

There better now....we are the opposite here,getting hotter,much better for riding,I've never actually had a white christmas,think it would be great,few snowball fights with the kids and curling up next to someone in front of a warm fire...yeah would be good,oh well just have to stick to my sun surf and warm riding weather I spose...see you soon...xoxoxxx

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 18:58

Hey Zed! Been doing pretty good...were finally starting to get some cooler weather here in Texas so it's actually starting to feel like Christmas!

Hope things are good in your neck of the woods!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 23:08

HarleyGurl35 write:

Hey there Harleygurl how have you been haven't seen you for a while...xoxxx

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 16:25

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 12:47

And you're a real winner too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2005 08:28

A real winner, huh?!?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2005 04:26

Does someone have an anger management issue?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 27, 2005 08:55

Dave says:

You know nothing about me or who I am. Other than some BS comment on this forum. But you can post comments about me being small minded, having my nose in the air and an attitude.

The post has been removed along with my reply from this morning.

Why did you remove your post??

You are right, Dave. I know nothing about you or who you are. The only thing anyone has to go by is what you say on these boards. If your comments are, as you say, "BS comments", then I suggest to not post them.

Therefore, unless you show a different attitude, me and everyone else here, has no other way of knowing who you are and what you are about. All we know is what you post. And you just said your comments are BS.

I feel the things you said are very small minded and are ridiculous. If you feel someone shouldn't go to a bike event SIMPLY because they didn't ride the bike, well...ridiculous, in my opinion. And you flip off those you pass simply because of how they are getting there? Wow.

Hey, it's just my opinion. I'm going to get to a rally or bike event anyway I can...trailer or no trailer.

And like I said earlier...as a single girl, it's SMART and SAFE to choose NOT to ride after dark for hours ALONE.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 27, 2005 07:47

HarleyGurl35 write:
Dave 79124 says:

I'm like you with the RV's. It's a Biker Rally not a RV rally. I just wave a finger at them when I pass them. If you can't ride there don't go.

Gosh Dave, hate to hear such an attitude. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard "If you can't ride there don't go." Very small minded.

Though I don't feel I owe an explanation, I'm going to give it.

I ride to probably 90% of the rallies I go to. I've trailered my bike before to rallies, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have made the rally. I can't afford to waste a vacation day from work for EVERY out of town rally I attend. I'm a single woman and I'm betting MANY will agree with me that it's not too smart OR safe for a single girl to ride 6 hours after work IN THE DARK AND ALONE, just because she couldn't take off work and leave when the rest of the group did. That's not reason enough for me to miss a rally either.

I also stay in an RV. I'd rather spend my money on chrome or just plain playing, than on a hotel room that has been jacked up 150% because a rally is in town. I'll take a $35 RV campsite anyday over a $265 hotel room. Plus, there is ALWAYS a party at the campgrounds. Go ahead and keep your outrageously priced hotel room, I don't mind at all.

I hate to admit it, but some of the most unfriendly and uncourteous drivers I've encountered going to and from rallies, have sadly been, fellow bikers. Weaving in and out of tight spots, cruising in the left lane at 50 mph, etc. You know you've all seen it, too.

There. I've said my part. I've always believed we were all one big family. We stick together regardless. You may feel different and may turn your nose up at a fellow biker simply because they aren't following "your rules", but I won't.

When your bike is on the shoulder out of commission, I'll stop with my trailer to help if I can...and if you find yourself short of money and can't afford that HUGE hotel bill, I'll make sure you have a place to stay in an RV.

But your attitude will need to find another way home, and another place to stay.

It's just the way I work.

You know nothing about me or who I am. Other than some BS comment on this forum. But you can post comments about me being small minded, having my nose in the air and an attitude.

The post has been removed along with my reply from this morning.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 26, 2005 21:22

HarleyGurl35 write:
Dave 79124 says:

I'm like you with the RV's. It's a Biker Rally not a RV rally. I just wave a finger at them when I pass them. If you can't ride there don't go.

Gosh Dave, hate to hear such an attitude. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard "If you can't ride there don't go." Very small minded.

I ride to probably 90% of the rallies I go to. I've trailered my bike before to rallies, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have made the rally. I can't afford to waste a vacation day from work for EVERY out of town rally I attend. I'm a single woman and I'm betting MANY will agree with me that it's not too smart OR safe for a single girl to ride 6 hours after work IN THE DARK AND ALONE, just because she couldn't take off work and leave when the rest of the group did. That's not reason enough for me to miss a rally either.

I also stay in an RV. I'd rather spend my money on chrome or just plain playing, than on a hotel room that has been jacked up 150% because a rally is in town. I'll take a $35 RV campsite anyday over a $265 hotel room. Plus, there is ALWAYS a party at the campgrounds. Go ahead and keep your outrageously priced hotel room, I don't mind at all.

I hate to admit it, but some of the most unfriendly and uncourteous drivers I've encountered going to and from rallies, have sadly been, fellow bikers. Weaving in and out of tight spots, cruising in the left lane at 50 mph, etc. You know you've all seen it, too.

There. I've said my part. I've always believed we were all one big family. We stick together regardless. You may feel different and may turn your nose up at a fellow biker simply because they aren't following "your rules", but I won't.

When your bike is on the shoulder out of commission, I'll stop with my trailer to help if I can...and if you find yourself short of money and can't afford that HUGE hotel bill, I'll make sure you have a place to stay in an RV.

But your attitude will need to find another way home, and another place to stay.

this is why I always say how great it is to be an american....lol.We all have our own preferences choices and thoughts ...isn't this great!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 25, 2005 21:19

Dave 79124 says:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 25, 2005 17:52

DoubleDelight write:
Msbikerkitty write:
DoubleDelight write:
MsbikerKitten said;"Hey there sweety.....see you found us.I'll let everyone know we got a newbie....lol.There is a initiation ya know!"

Kitten-roflmao!
DD

Mark is a good friend of mine dd....he is a awesome person.Where did you go mark??? Scared him already lmao

msbikerkitten: Yes, I know he's a buddy of yours and he and I are already chatting.
Hope you get a break from work and enjoy Turkey Day.

DD

thanks dd hope you had a nice thanksgiving! of course I didn't work ...but back today!don't know where he went ...lol.He will make it around one day.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2005 18:47

Msbikerkitty write:
DoubleDelight write:
MsbikerKitten said;"Hey there sweety.....see you found us.I'll let everyone know we got a newbie....lol.There is a initiation ya know!"

Kitten-roflmao!
DD

Mark is a good friend of mine dd....he is a awesome person.Where did you go mark??? Scared him already lmao

msbikerkitten: Yes, I know he's a buddy of yours and he and I are already chatting.
Hope you get a break from work and enjoy Turkey Day.

DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 22, 2005 16:41

DoubleDelight write:

Kitten-roflmao!
DD