Home > Biker Forums > To achieve your dreams > How far are you willing to go to follow your dreams? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How far are you willing to go to follow your dreams?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 16, 2006 07:49

I am tryning to find out just how far people will go to follow their dream. Some go back to school, some move to far away places. Some wait until divorce and buy that perfect bike they wanted all along. How far will you go to follow you dreams?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 30, 2007 02:16

i would go as far as the wild child
Sometimes at night, the wild child cries
listen real close & I'll tell you why
She remembers a love, from long ago,
but the love was fast & the hurt was slow,
she remembers the chrome & the harley painted black
she remembers the feel of her face on his back
she remembers the night she answered the phone
Her man was dead, She felt so alone
she looked deep inside & decided right then
to survive was wildness & in the wind
she gives no answers to questions of why
you can't tame her, many have tried
she'll lift your hopes, then smash them down
she has no scruples & knows no bounds
deep inside, she's been scarred
all escapes but 1 are barred
she's never alone when she's at the bar
1 look in her eyes & you know that she's hard
she swore she'd never be hurt again
instead of just 1 she'd rather love 10
she faces the future, knowing wheres she's been
& she'd never trade nothing for her IN THE WIND
so leave her wild & contented she'll be
for she's the wild child
FOREVER FREE

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 30, 2007 01:18

As far as the Sun
This is a story, for all not some,
about a ship, flying to the sun
About doing something, that aint been tried
instead of just sitting & wondering why
about having faith in a dream so true
& not giving up on the things that you do
some'll say your crazy & surely need help
cause eveybody knows your ship will just melt
but listening to others don't alwys pay
for where theres a will theres always a way
so if you have a dream don't give up the fight
for your ship will make it, if you fly only at night.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 31, 2006 18:14

Always had the dream of being somebody. So I left South Africa and moved to Australia. Wanted to be top of my game in computer field, so I left Australia for Silicon Valley, California. 16 years later I'm top of my game and own my own business. 6 Years ago, I wanted a Boss Hoss V8 bike. Got one last year and put 20,000 miles on it in my first year. I'm more or less happy with everything I got right now. Now I'm looking at early retirement so I can create more motorcycling adventures. The lack of butterflies in my tummy has me thinking...whats next dude...My 3 daughters are over 18 and starting their thing, I'm loving the biking lifestyle, I need to do that more. My business I can wind up or down and I'm not slaved to it...so at 47...here I stand...with a great question on my mind...what the Hell do I want to do next...on my desk is a paper weight that says...WHAT WOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO DO IF YOU KNEW YOU COULDNT FAIL...
I'm reflecting on that...great question sweetheart!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 13:16

What a great question. It's funny that when I read it I thought about all the times I've been out riding and looked beside me at a red light. There would be a mini van with a family in it...three or four rowdy kids in the back yelling and screaming and carrying on...wife in the passenger seat yacking away about this and that...and the husband would look over with this lost look on his face...and I could so easily read his mind. He was thinking to himself "why didn't I buy the bike AND some condoms!!??" LOL Seriously though...once you have a family, that becomes your dream. My dream is to see my son grow up successful and graduate from a good college, and go on to live his life in whatever way he sees fit. How far will I go to see that dream come true? I work my arse off every day, put money into his college fund, and try to be the best father I can be. My dreams aren't over, I have ambitions and goals in my life. And I work to achieve those goals every day. Some may just be pipe dreams, but most will become reality because I want them badly enough. The most important thing is to limit your regrets, and maximize your enjoyment of life. Don't work so hard that your career becomes your life, but don't play so much that you lose focus of your career either. I hope everyone achieves their dreams.