Home > Biker Forums > Motorcycle events > IRON ANGELS RALLY Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
IRON ANGELS RALLY
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 01, 2005 08:45

Anyone got any info on this one? I cant make the LSR so heading out on the 8th for this one. What kind of camping? Showers?? Any info would be great.
Thx
LFW
Anyone got any info on this one? I cant make the LSR so heading out on the 8th for this one. What kind of camping? Showers?? Any info would be great.
Thx
LFW

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 18, 2005 12:26

I hope your friend is alright.
Unless or until FEMA restructures, I don't believe it will survive.It can't continue as it has. It was fine untill it came under the umbrella of homeland security.
The governor having decided to allocate that 2000.00 to evacuees was a major mess- I was working at the astrodome when they rioted-not all received a check-those who didn't want our skin for it, or our cars, or our lives, or whatever they see fit when we approach. The company I worked for PB-also decided to withold a percentage (25 %) of our checks because they stated they didn't have time to review our work before payment. My final check is 1000.00 light-giving me even less incentive to go out there and face the results of their faulty judgments.Having worked in a rural area was less profitable in itself (drive time=less actual work time WHEN an applicant can be located out on those dirt roads). It just added up to more headache than it was worth. I was out there for 3 months straight last year, and it was fine. This year, the government failed the people, and it's very needed contract workers. I did however meet some people who are now friends-and I feel will be for a very long time.Thats worth something right?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 18, 2005 11:49

I'll take care of that right now-whoooosh.......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 17, 2005 08:13

Hi Minx, know whacha mean, Larry's been kinda stewing about the conditions too. He didn't say anything about anybody getting shot at while he was in Metairie, but I haven't heard from him since he went to Fl, who knows.

Take care of you,

Jerry

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2005 19:36

Jeryyw13-FEMA spun a new deal while I was away,And two of my buddies were shot at. Between the two-I pulled out. Maybe I'll go out for the tornadoes if they call, but I'm not at all willing to deal with thier plans for us on the recent hurricanes.I'm home unless they call with a more feasible plan.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 15, 2005 07:22

Minx, if you wind up in the Tampa area, look up Larry Paul, he's a FEMA inspector for Parr Inspections, I think. Good dude and long time brother in the wind. Single too!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 15:43

Lady-very nice to meet you this past wekend at the Iron Angel. Was glad to meet Boney too, and beemer biker. I don't know about y'all, but the parts I remember were fun. I won the tatoo contest too!!
Gotta go now-waiting for my call from FEMA-see where I'll be for the next few weeks. Lady-send me copies of the photo's Earl took? Please?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 06, 2005 18:13

I posted on the other thread about this rally...it's not one of the better rallies I've been to before. It's been a couple of years since I've gone to it, so hopefully it's gotten a bit better.

Even though it's not the greatest, there is usually things you can find to do in Houston. It's just the area it's in really doesn't have much to offer and that may be why it had such a small crowd the last time I went.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 02, 2005 13:33

Hi Lady, check bikerralliesoftexas dot c om, also lonestarbikers dot c om for a group of Houston local friends. Have fun, wish I were gonna be there but there's a Vets event in Circleville I'm headed for.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 02, 2005 05:47

Lady-I've got ALL the info.
Free camping-(brrrrr)18 and over only, 30.00 for the weekend,vendors/tatoos/beer/bar-b-q,poker run/raffle ect...It's in Liberty,TX-50-55 miles north east of Houston off HWY 90 on the way to Beaumont. I've got a line on A cheap hotel if you're interested-less than 2 miles from the fair grounds.
Hope to meet you there-let me know if you're going,Minx