Home > Biker Forums > Message board > Getting dumped by a guy(literally)-opinions please Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Getting dumped by a guy(literally)-opinions please
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 25, 2006 12:22

Yesterday I went on a Memorial ride for a couple of fallen riders from my club. The guy I was supposed to ride with bailed at the last minute and I ended up riding with someone who I thought I knew pretty well. The ride was going fine when an inexperienced road captain passed the entrance to where we were going and got on the brakes hard. Since we were up front, I thought, No big deal, but I was wrong. It turns out that the one I was riding with is a closet alkie and had already had 3-4 drinks by 11:00. Needless to say, he wasn't watching where we going and was going to rear-end the bike in front of us until I yelled in his ear. Luckily, we weren't going that fast but still it was go over or crash, so we dumped. No serious injuries, thank God, but I was still shook up pretty badly. When I questioned him about what happened, he said he probably shouldn't have been drinking, DUH!!!!! I refused to ride with him anymore and jumped on another brother's bike (plus by this time it's pouring rain). Later I got an earful from one of the other members telling me I shouldn't have dissed him and should have stayed on his bike. My feeling is my kids need a momma! What do you all think?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 08:01

hotlips1055 write:
Yesterday I went on a Memorial ride for a couple of fallen riders from my club. The guy I was supposed to ride with bailed at the last minute and I ended up riding with someone who I thought I knew pretty well. The ride was going fine when an inexperienced road captain passed the entrance to where we were going and got on the brakes hard. Since we were up front, I thought, No big deal, but I was wrong. It turns out that the one I was riding with is a closet alkie and had already had 3-4 drinks by 11:00. Needless to say, he wasn't watching where we going and was going to rear-end the bike in front of us until I yelled in his ear. Luckily, we weren't going that fast but still it was go over or crash, so we dumped. No serious injuries, thank God, but I was still shook up pretty badly. When I questioned him about what happened, he said he probably shouldn't have been drinking, DUH!!!!! I refused to ride with him anymore and jumped on another brother's bike (plus by this time it's pouring rain). Later I got an earful from one of the other members telling me I shouldn't have dissed him and should have stayed on his bike. My feeling is my kids need a momma! What do you all think?

Does this one really need an answer? Recently I lost two very good friends of mine. They had been out all morning and afternoon, hopping from one bar to another having a beer here and a beer there. Around 5 o'clock in the afternoon...they were heading back from the beach. He started up the bridge, and was speeding considerably. He clipped a car which then sent him into the concrete guard rail. He was killed instantly and she was pronounced DOA. So to all the women out there, if you feel that your life is in danger in the smallest regard, do NOT get on the bike. Whether the person up front has been drinking, or is angry, or just inexperienced. The same goes for passengers. A bad passenger can get you killed too. Ride safe and peace to everyone.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 27, 2006 12:30

hey hotlips..i too have kids and you definately did the right thing...so to the guy who told you u were wrong...NOT !!!.keep your head up girlfriend..:) luv bikerbunny