Home > Biker Forums > Relationship > SO, people leary of no photos? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
SO, people leary of no photos?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 04, 2005 12:15

Wonder about that. I have photos, just dont post em. Prefer to send em I reckon if need be.

So... whats your take on no photo or photo?

AJ

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 04, 2006 19:38

Rescue1 write:
Nokia47 write:
gefallen write:
Thread started August 4, 05? Shite... should be in the post graveyard.

AJ
UPDATE : My Comment on this still stands.

As long as this thread
s on here and as long as there is some who don
t post a picture there will probably be post to it.
As far as I
m concerned I like to see who I
m chatting with but if they don
t want to post a pic that
s fine too.People have the choice of chatting or not chatting with them and they have to take that chance .

Rescue1 writes:
I agree, it's nice to see who you are talking to.

It sure is and people NEVER look like I picture them in my mind. lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 04, 2006 08:00

LOL! I think posting my pix is why I never get any positive replies. But it makes no sense not to! I guess if the bio is interesting, It might not make much of a difference. You can always ask for a pix before meeting someone, even if it has to come snail-mail.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 02, 2006 17:05

as a lady once told me regarding no picture ...

No lookie, No nookie.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 01, 2006 21:41

Nokia47 write:
gefallen write:

AJ

As long as this thread
As far as I
s fine too.People have the choice of chatting or not chatting with them and they have to take that chance .

Rescue1 writes:
I agree, it's nice to see who you are talking to.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 25, 2006 05:20

gefallen write:

AJ

As long as this thread
As far as I

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 25, 2006 05:15

buggerbender write:
As far as I

Nokia47 write:

Within my humble opinion, that pretty well sums it up. It doesn't bother me if their aren't any pictures with a profile. I enjoy reading the profiles of the Ladies that post to this site regardless. I find them all very refreshing from other sites I've visited. As you can see, I just have the one pic. Not that I don't, want to post anymore, its just that I'm usually on the "other" side of the camera, so not to many shots of me around.
Get ya one of those camera
s that has a timer buggy LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 24, 2006 07:24

gefallen write:
Hmmm.... this thread was ancient. How did it get back?

AJ

You lil devil you, I saw ya startin it again. I think in this day and age, there's a computer print shop in almost every town and village, so I woyuld conclude the person either thinks the world should accept their word about it (pretty delusional thinking) or there's a reason for no pic. I think someone pointed out, if we were really ok with our surroundings, what are we doing here? I can cop to that, well, maybe I'm the only sick puppy on board. Maybe the rest of ya are here to just humour me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 18, 2006 09:18

soim sorry im dont have bike im sad no one
. im walk ways im not have not bf sorry

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 16, 2006 20:15

As far as I

Nokia47 write:

Within my humble opinion, that pretty well sums it up. It doesn't bother me if their aren't any pictures with a profile. I enjoy reading the profiles of the Ladies that post to this site regardless. I find them all very refreshing from other sites I've visited. As you can see, I just have the one pic. Not that I don't, want to post anymore, its just that I'm usually on the "other" side of the camera, so not to many shots of me around.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 07:02

I agree. A thread such as this one will always be posted in. Simply because it relates to the site and is picture related.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 12:56

AJ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 09:37

I like to see who I am talkign to also ...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 22:11

I have been reading that a few people are having trouble uploading pics to the site. My guess is they are probably the wrong format or too large in file size. If anyone needs help adjusting the file size of their pictures or changing the file format send me a email and I will give you another email address where you can send them and I will work on them for you and send them back.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 12:20

Irishflame write:
gefallen write:
Wonder about that. I have photos, just dont post em. Prefer to send em I reckon if need be.

So... whats your take on no photo or photo?

AJ

Personally, I prefer to see a pic with the wink/email. Like others here said...it's nice to place a face with the words, makes it more personal. And I can't help but wonder why a person would opt to hide who they are. Are they married and don't want to be recognized by a spouse/co-workers/friends who just might stumble unto this site and see them? Do they feel that unattractive? Dunno...but it's a turn-off for me.

But while we're on the subject of pics...how does one know if the pic posted isn't an old one (5 years or more), and no longer resembles what the person looks like TODAY, or if the pic is even theirs?

Yep, I prefer a pic with the profile...but it ain't always a sure thing, is it??

~Irish~

you are exactly right Irish :-). like you said how do you know for sure thats even them in the picture, especially if they cant come up with anymore pics?? I have taken it a step further and bought a cam, now they know for sure who they are talking to, but I realize a lot of people dont have cams, you just have to get to know that person and hopefully you can develop a trust with them.
hdking

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 11:24

Irish
That is so true. I was talking to someone for a while on here and that pic was really a nice one. One day he busted himself by saying he had a webcam so i asked him to turn it on and wow nothing like the pis.LOL the pic come to find out with 8 yrs old and he said he didnt think he actually changed much.. I told him nicely of course ..8 yrs did change you a bit. he should really update his pics. a cam says the truth..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 11, 2006 21:02

There are plenty of folks on here that don't post pics of themselves.... However, they do post pics of "something" that relates to them. It seems to me, as long as you're not that gray shadow image, no one seems to really care much. I think it takes you away from the generic nothing image and turns you into what you are... A person with a personality... Of course we'd all rather see who we're dealing with or "think" we're dealing with. But at least with some kind of originality, there's something to go on.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 01, 2006 21:01

Irish said
"But while we're on the subject of pics...how does one know if the pic posted isn't an old one (5 years or more), and no longer resembles what the person looks like TODAY, or if the pic is even theirs?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Irish: I ask em. It's great when the pics have a date written under them. One guy I met was 20 yrs older than his pics and 40 lbs heavier, with a lot less hair. I was meeting him on the promenade by the beach. We were walking towards each other and I kept asking myself: Why is that guy grinning at me? Now I make sure to ask, just so I know.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 17:28

I know most people like picsandthat is good they are cheap 13.00 at wal-mart do not be so cheap. I have my pics here and if any one would like more ask away and I will send you more no problem.Pics today can be doctor easy and you never know. I think pics help but pic is only skin deep and You have to like the person to stick around qith them right? Know pic does not mean no chat for me just need to read profile real well and have some idea of what the other person looks like. Then go from there.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 25, 2006 18:41

i prefer to see who i'm talking to. but its just a personal preference. lot of pshyco types out there these days.