Home > Biker Forums > Religion > maybe i'm twisted but i've heard god Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
maybe i'm twisted but i've heard god
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 19:09

yeah i know hearing voices is not a good sign so i usually don't tell especially like this but been reflecting on what i've been told and maybe it'll help others. as a child i was a jr rabbi. i used to read (in hebrew) the torah and translate and ponder. soon after my gramps died (amazing man such warmth) was trying to concentrate on a passage when i heard a deep voice ( i was alone) say "you will be alright". closed book and ran. never reopened and now forgot how to read hebrew. many times just that promise kept me going. then i hit a real rough spot. couldn't afford any trouble. kind of left me defenseless. used to go home after my day in life and pray for god to help me deal with life. after a while i felt better. one day praying and praying. nothing. praying harder. still no peace. kept trying. finally heard same voice from before but angry now. " listen b@#ch every day you go out and do the same bs (full just not sure of censors). then you come home and cry "help me help me" (the help me's sounded like that little duck yankee doodle). f#ck you. get off your a$$ and take care of your sh1t". now when things get rough i have 2 things to folllow. one that only i can live my life and i need to take care of myself. two that no matter what happens i'm alright. admittedly i might have played chemist a time or two but i believe the voice was real and i can not find fault with the statements

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 03, 2006 01:07

dzbuster write:
right there you hit on the differance between jews and christians. the christians want to go to heaven when they die. the jews want heaven here. follow the right path and life here is better. each to their own.

me, i am a circumcised non baptized Baptist, Most of us get defensive when our personal choice is questioned, we all think we know best, and it is the basis of your life thats being questioned, right? previously I have been agnostic, atheistic, wiccan, medicine man, zen and transcendental meditator. even worshipped a human being a time or two..I have heard the voice of God, I am not ashamed of saying it.I am ashamed that I continue to sin. I dont pretend to understand Gods ways, but I KNOW Christ is the fulfillment of the law, because HE is the perfect man that we all should have been. If man could obtain that perfection, we WOULD have heaven on earth NOW! and no need for that bloody sacrifice! Seek and ye shall find! Pilate quipped what is truth? My bible says the truth will set you free! Hav fun is a sinner, but he is FREE!!!ALL DUE RESPECT TO BOTH PARTYS but only Christ makes my life worth living sometimes, its not a belief, HE is REAL and in my heart! HE is all that I have left, but HE is the best! sorry for my preaching, sigh, another sleepless nite....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 01, 2006 07:31

right there you hit on the differance between jews and christians. the christians want to go to heaven when they die. the jews want heaven here. follow the right path and life here is better. each to their own.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 27, 2006 23:30

Yeah...it's good to be careful when speaking about God, that's for sure!! Just the type of man He's looking for!! LOL!! A lot of people feel the same way you do...nothing strange about that...I even felt that way...but you wont know until you ask Him yourself which I bet you have already done seeing how all this stuff is coming up right now in your life...it's for a reason...I'm just bettin' that's it! I took a tiny step toward God..not knowing who He was or even if He cared...and wham!! He sure came to me! No one can talk you into believing about God (Jesus)...no one...it's faith. And God put truth in your heart to believe in Him...and you know when you hear the truth because God confirms it...all I really have to say to your statement is that God knows who are His...and everybody is not His...He chooses us...He knew how to make us and this earth...He also knows how to write a book (the bible)..and give us direction...no man is able to ruin God's book...that's ridicules! He is perfect...powerful...and has all knowledge...and loving too!! It's amazing when He first really talks to you and you know it's Him!!! You just freak out completely!!!!! I did! WOW it's lke you know why your here and exist...and the love that flows through you!! Better than sexx!! LOL!!....that's when your born again, filled with His Holy Spirit....Scripture or the Word of God is what increases your faith and gives you the truth...because the bible is really alive...it's a living word...it cuts away the untruths and convicts people of the truth...I guess the real question is do you want to go to heaven? Do you really want to know God? Do you really want the Truth? A lot of people just like to stir the pot and argue...For me...I needed to know the truth about Everything! And I had a complete miracle happen to me...several of them...encounters with God...It was the best day of my life when He came to me...the best...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 27, 2006 14:47

funny you look at how each of jesus's miracles were foreshadowed in the old testament as paving the way jesus. i've always looked at it as jesus wasn't overly special as a prophet everything he did was done before. my understanding is jesus was a good jewish boy who didn't want to become a doctor so we (the jews) got the italians to off him. as far as the laws in the old testament goes i like the quote i believe by hillal who when asked to summerize the torah while standing on one foot replied " do unto others as you would have them do unto you the rest is commentary". my sins i do not repent i get smacked and learn not to repeat. a friend once summerized life by saying there is a force running through creation and the closer we align ourselves with it the easier life goes. when we have problems look to our selves and see where by actions or intentions we caused the problem. to try to understand god or even find god i let go of the search and look all around me. maybe i'm biased by a childhood run in with a rabbi who disapproved of my life and tried to use his position to push. thanks. btw my hebrew name was supposed to be sam and the rabbis wrote shabtai who was a false prophet. i watch myself when i discuss religion.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 22:09

dzbuster write:
....The only and I will say it again!!!! The ONLY way to the Father is through Jesus the Christ who paid the penalty for our sins
this is all well and good for you goyim (means peole) but many generations before jesus abraham made a covenant with god. on the part of abraham's decendants the sign of acceptance is circumcism. i gave my pound of flesh (bragging not factual) to have a direct line to god without needing jesus as a middleman. like i've said to many people if either god or jesus wants me to go through jesus let them make my for@skin grow back. other than that i will stick with the original deal.

yes..that is partially true...God meant that as a "type" of circumsizing your heart though through Jesus Christ...thought you knew that..OK one more...if you don't mind?? How are your sins forgivin? (since you are talking about the old testament laws)...old testament laws are awesome!!!AND ALL of them are meant to bring us to Christ...they are a forshadow of Jesus Christ who came...I could run you through each one...for ex; the blood over the doorway..passover..to save the Israelites from the angel of death..it's from a lamb..Jesus was the lamb of God and through His blood your sins are forgiven and if you put the blood of the Lamb over the doorpost of your heart it will also save you from the "angel of death" or eternal hell...pretty cool huh??..I could go on and on...like Abraham's son..Isaac who he was going to sacrifice to God...another representation of Jesus.....etc. etc. anyway...it's so cool when your eyes are opened to it...you know that saying? I was blind but now I see? That is really what happens..in the spiritual sense...God first does the physical..like the old testament.. then He does the spiritual...new testament....In our lives too...we have real sight in the physical and real sight in the spiritual......OK OK I'm done! For now...!!! Hee hee **SMOOCHES**

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 12:18

....The only and I will say it again!!!! The ONLY way to the Father is through Jesus the Christ who paid the penalty for our sins
this is all well and good for you goyim (means peole) but many generations before jesus abraham made a covenant with god. on the part of abraham's decendants the sign of acceptance is circumcism. i gave my pound of flesh (bragging not factual) to have a direct line to god without needing jesus as a middleman. like i've said to many people if either god or jesus wants me to go through jesus let them make my for@skin grow back. other than that i will stick with the original deal.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2006 20:43

When we make up our own relationship with God then we will not know which voice is His or the enemy's....that's why God wrote the bible through inspiration of His Holy Spirit to show us the way, the truth, and the life. Otherwise we would flounder around like a fish out of water....We read the bible to hear God's voice....and when we do that He leads and guides us as we submit to Him and His word....The only and I will say it again!!!! The ONLY way to the Father is through Jesus the Christ who paid the penalty for our sins. There is no other God...that is Him! I say this because God Himself revealed this to me and now I am responsible for the message He has given me and to tell others..I WILL NOT STAND BY AND WATCH MY FRIEND ON A PATH TO HELL!!!! When you ask for God's wisdom and you are not yet forgiven of your sins...EXPECT TO GET IT!!! The truth comes in a beautiful way...first you get a twist of rebellion in your stomach while your head does the two-step..."could it be?" "this is for me?" is what your heart asks...and your soul screams "IT'S TRUE!!! IT's TRUE!!!!" What a joy to surrender yourself to God's loving, powerful arms for that very first time..like a baby and let Him speak those very powerful words to you..."You are mine." "I have chosen you." "You will live forever with Me." "I have adopted you as a son." "I formed you while you were in your mothers womb." God also says a very important word--"You did not chose me but I chose you." So how do you know if you have been chosen by God??......If you answer His call.......Can't you hear His voice now? "Behold! I stand at the door and knock...if ANYONE opens the door..I WILL come in and sup with him." I would like to say that if ANYONE wants to know more about Jesus..or wants to know more scripture on salvation...or would like me to pray for them or pray with them for salvation or anything! You can emale me at whollyforjesus at ya hoo dot com. I joke and play and love my life very much..I am also a sinner like you but forgiven now...BUTTT! This He is my first love and the most important person in my life and I can't be more serious right now about what I say...I will keep everything private.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2006 12:31

I hear you, Spado. Ever since I realized that I can talk to God just as I talk to anyone else...the closeness came on real quick.

I was raised Catholic, then at 25 converted to Southern Baptist. All my life, everything regarding my faith was 'organized'. I never really enjoyed it or got anything from it.

I moved to Austin, and fell in love with a very non-traditional non-denominational church. Best thing that's happened to me in a long time.

I now see I don't have to be sitting in a pew on Sunday morning to be with God. As a matter of fact, yesterday I didn't go because I rode with some BK'rs instead. At first, I felt somewhat guilty, then it hit me: I talk more to God on my bike than in a pew anyway.

So...I loaded up, and we chatted for about a good 45 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that pew on Sunday mornings, but I see it's not the only place I can find him.

It's during those long rides and chats with God, that I realize what all He has given me. I used to think He let my marriage die, now I see He gave me independence & strength. I used to think He moved me away from all my friends, now I see He brought me more and even truer friends than what I had.

I think of you guys as part of that circle of friends He has given me. I've learned more from each of you than I have taken the time to share. I've learned how to overlook things, I've learned how to forgive easier, I've learned how to not take life so seriously, and loads more. YOU GUYS, I know...He gave me. And I thank Him everyday.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2006 12:18

Harleys1Angel write:
except God and His angels don't cuss babe. The first voice you heard...it was a good one...dont know if it was God or an angel buttt the 2nd voice...that was a demon...they fukk with your head and teach you things that go against God's word...ex; you have to take care of self...God says "surrender everything" to Him alone. Demons are fallen angels. They are with you your whole life just like angels are...so when the first voice happened that demon was there watching the whole thing...probabally cussing in his head cause his whole purpose for you and your life is to do anything it takes to keep you from going to God...so he's probabally been planning a time when he could "copy" the first voice you heard and lie to you. It's the same with people who think they have "spirit guides" or talking to the dead...they are not talking to either of them, but to demons who copy relatives voices or other personalities. It is funny when people say they "hear" voices...either they are put in a mental institution and labled schizophrenic and harrassed and made fun of the rest of their life (unless they get delivered) or they are on some TV show trying to make a buck and become famous because they "hear relatives" Ha Ha ...When you hear God...you know it's God. No question. I have heard Him before...very clear! That's why I am saved! Or...you might have an experience...like maybe once or twice in a lifetime where God has an angel speak to you for comforting or emergency for help.....if you doubt anything I say here...just ask God for the truth and He will tell you....promise.

Such a kind spirit...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 23:55

For me, the Spirit Guides that I talk to are not demons as you suggest. I ask The Creator to help me and send these Spirits to guide and protect me.

I also believe that messages and dreams that come to me with a strong thought or message are things God wants me to ponder.

When I pray, I speak in my own everyday language that I understand, just as if I was talking with a close friend. Someone I trust and am comfortable with. God hears all of it.

We all have our beliefs and dis-beliefs. I can never allow myself to try to tell anyone else that their thinking is wrong and my thinking is right. I just ask God to help me understand. The answer I get is to pray for the other to have peace in their heart that was given to them by God, The Creator.

When my daughter passed, I was mad at God, really pizzed. I used to say that if He didn't understand that I was pizzed, then He wasn't God. The fact that I was mad at Him told me that I didn't abandon Him, I was just mad at God. With prayer and healing this changed and a peace came into my heart.

This was probably when I started to learn and accept the concept of Forgiveness and Love, and truly believe in both these wonderful tools to help mankind achieve peace.

This Peace was a gift from God. It came to me on His terms and on His time. To me, God, The Great Spirit, is just that.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 22:57

Dove and Harlu have told it like it is. I have heard that voice also. The devil doesnt show up with horns and dripping sores. He is beautiful, his words are beautiful, he gives you a beautiful lie. He will make you feel good about yourself, whereas God will convict you of your sin, but cheer you with the absolute perfection of his rightousness. Weigh all thoughts and actions by the teaching of His Word! amen

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 21:29

Harleys1Angel write:
except God and His angels don't cuss babe. The first voice you heard...it was a good one...dont know if it was God or an angel buttt the 2nd voice...that was a demon...they fukk with your head and teach you things that go against God's word...ex; you have to take care of self...God says "surrender everything" to Him alone. Demons are fallen angels. They are with you your whole life just like angels are...so when the first voice happened that demon was there watching the whole thing...probabally cussing in his head cause his whole purpose for you and your life is to do anything it takes to keep you from going to God...so he's probabally been planning a time when he could "copy" the first voice you heard and lie to you. It's the same with people who think they have "spirit guides" or talking to the dead...they are not talking to either of them, but to demons who copy relatives voices or other personalities. It is funny when people say they "hear" voices...either they are put in a mental institution and labled schizophrenic and harrassed and made fun of the rest of their life (unless they get delivered) or they are on some TV show trying to make a buck and become famous because they "hear relatives" Ha Ha ...When you hear God...you know it's God. No question. I have heard Him before...very clear! That's why I am saved! Or...you might have an experience...like maybe once or twice in a lifetime where God has an angel speak to you for comforting or emergency for help.....if you doubt anything I say here...just ask God for the truth and He will tell you....promise.

Well spoken HA1!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 23:04