Home > Biker Forums > Write articles to get free gold membership > Loud pipes or not Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Loud pipes or not
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 26, 2006 19:25

Personally I don't think loud pipes do anything other than roar. Bikes with loud pipes are like Helicopters - you hear the thump but you can't tell where they are till it's too late. Secondly if you ride alot and wear a helmet - sittin on loud pipes drives ya nuts after a couple of hours in the saddle.
LAstly if you ride behing a bike with loud pipes - you can barely hear yourself think! Not for me.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 24, 2006 11:38

For those of you who live and ride in a rural or country setting this may not be a very important topic. I live in Southern California. Population growth and City sprawl have all but comsumed most of the open land here. That means to commute to work or ride to an open country road we must drive on crowded eight lane freeways. Frequently congestion is so bad that it is necessary to split traffic (to keep the bike and your legs from overheating of course). I found that doing so with stock pipes on made me very vulnerable to cars that drifted back and forth to the line. When I put a set of custom pipes (LOUD) on the bike the problem was solved. If they wereen't looking in the side view mirror at least they can hear me coming. All but a very few drivers will yield and give me space to pass. No longer do I get the "HUA" driver who drifts over and nearly collides with my bike.
Darn right - "Loud pipes save lives"

RDR
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 18, 2006 20:27

LOUD PIPES do save Lives, Quiet pipes Get AWAY!!!!!!!!!!.. Shshhhh... RDR