Riding Sober Riding Sober

• View author's info posted on Oct 11, 2005 05:12

treecutter write:
    Well I see that the my last post was removed....I was only offering some encouragemnet to MC, was telling him that it gets rough at times and that a support group is helpful.I used NA and the bonus was that I came up with some riding partners. Mc, email me if you want to , I am here for you!I have been there....
    I don't know why my post was removed. Common courtesy would at least include an explanation!

yeah it was---don't know what the [prob is sometimes with them!!!!!!!!!
  • View author's info posted on Oct 11, 2005 04:15

Well I see that the my last post was removed....I was only offering some encouragemnet to MC, was telling him that it gets rough at times and that a support group is helpful.I used NA and the bonus was that I came up with some riding partners. Mc, email me if you want to , I am here for you!I have been there....
    I don't know why my post was removed. Common courtesy would at least include an explanation!
  • View author's info posted on Oct 09, 2005 07:11

SoftailLeila write:
    Potocals a weird thing, Rides. Don't think I need members in any club if it means giving away what took so long. Good to finally be who I'm supposed to be. Still a working on myself, though. Ride tough, man! Peace!

I'm with you on that Lelia--when we compromise something just to remain in existance we compromise our own being

i've not had the same battle as you have but still have had a battle and no matter what our battles are we are always or should be working on SELF and i would say from your posts you are on the positive side

may the wind always be with you
  • View author's info posted on Oct 08, 2005 14:33

Potocals a weird thing, Rides. Don't think I need members in any club if it means giving away what took so long. Good to finally be who I'm supposed to be. Still a working on myself, though. Ride tough, man! Peace!
  • View author's info posted on Oct 08, 2005 14:20

Clean and sober for 12 years. I thank God for getting me through the previous drunken 29 years. These sober 12 have been the best years of my life. Ride safe, brothers and sisters!!
  • View author's info posted on Oct 07, 2005 06:47

Pretty much all my riding buddies are sober. A few AMC and couple of 1%ers... but C&S. Seems like the only drunks I ride with anymore are family.

CIA
    Catholic, Irish, alcoholic.
  • View author's info posted on Oct 04, 2005 18:45

Good to see all u sobah riders on BK
    6-10-89 was my last...could not hold up the bike with a nick-name of rubbalegs
  • View author's info posted on Oct 03, 2005 19:55

The bad news is that Sam, went back out soon after the ride and od'd.... I still miss him and I still hate the f*ckin disease!

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Oct 03, 2005 14:44

Comfy

Are you a "lurker'... couldn't find your pofile...
  • View author's info posted on Oct 03, 2005 14:27

Well Howdy !
    yes it is the picture! It took me 3 days to warm up from the ride home,LMAO! I still see most of them and went on the 9/11 ground zero ride with some of them. Those are my NA riding buddies.
    I punked out and relapsed on the smokes today...Had too much tension stress, with a death in the family...The overall quitting experience was not bad and it took the fear of trying to quit away!
    I suppose that sounds like a wimp,,....but its what I did...
  • View author's info posted on Oct 02, 2005 07:11

treecutter write:
    Yo Family,
    Clean 4years,8 months... AND 17 days with no cigarettes!

And thats a real mutha!

that is great!!!!!! i stopped those cigarettes 17 yrs ago in july--and it is great to breathe
    remember it is the same one day at a time--and sometimes one minute at a time
  • View author's info posted on Oct 01, 2005 23:10

Yo Family,
    Clean 4years,8 months... AND 17 days with no cigarettes!

And thats a real mutha!
  • View author's info posted on Sep 30, 2005 14:13

Rides! That's wild. Sober club where drugs are o.k. Weird. Keep true!
    Peace!
    Leila
  • View author's info posted on Sep 25, 2005 07:47

I surf web site about SBU. I read it sound great. I like it! Also I member of EDB ( Eastern Deaf Biker ) recently. Becuase those are deaf biker in deaf club. They do welcome me. They understand that I am non-biker. They mention no matter what non-biker and biker. Smile. I am thinking about join SBU membership. Smile. Heheh

Chelle
  • View author's info posted on Sep 22, 2005 12:53

Indeed SoftailLeila is a welcome addition to Sober Bikers United!!!
    Bad Boy
    NYS Rep SBU
    Chapter #3
    Beyond Serenity
  • View author's info posted on Sep 15, 2005 17:11

Hey Chelle! Anything I can help you with let me know. And I just joined SBU. Cool group.
    Peace.
  • View author's info posted on Sep 12, 2005 20:29

HI flstffitz

soberbikersunited? humm? sound cool.. Why don't it should set new group is "Sober bikers United of America" huh? like it?

flstffitz write:
    Coot thanks for the post. Clean & sober since 2/29/88. thats 4.25 or 17 yrs depending on how you deal with the leapyear stuf 8^). There is a dot org group called soberbikersunited you may want to punch up.
    fitz

• View author's info posted on Sep 12, 2005 20:25

hi HarleyGurl35

Really? She is deaf woman with her husband is interprter in motorcycle class? kewl!! God.. I wish I should go the motorcycle class with interpreter in NJ. But I didnt goes to the MV for write test and getting permit valid yet. I need study in that damn motorcycle manual book before going to write test. help! becuase i try understand little confused about clutch and shift in this book.

Chelle

HarleyGurl35 write:
    Chelle...contact the Harley dealerships Rider's Edge Director.

About a month ago, the Rider's Edge course had a 'woman only' class and I was invited (as a former student) to come talk about experiences, blah blah blah.

Anyway, another woman, I didn't know came to share her stories also. She brought her husband who was also her interpreter. Her name is Patricia.

Patricia can't hear or speak. It had been a life long dream to ride on her own. She was tired on being a backrest, as she put it.

About 2 years ago, she signed up for Rider's Edge, brought her husband, and THEN surprised them with her disabilities! The instructors had to decide what to do. They said THEY would not be responsible for taking away someones dream...so they pressed on with the class.

Patricia said she fell and fell and fell all weekend on the bike. She just kept getting up, sometimes crying, but was determined to do it. By the end of the weekend, she said the whole class was cheering her on, some with tears of happiness of their own for her.

She rides now, on her own, but only with her husband behind her. He made her some special mirrors so she could see damn near all the way around her. He said she is a much better rider than he, because she is so alert. Eyes darting from one side to the other constantly, keeping her eyes on those around her at all times. He said she has yet to drop her bike or have any sort of incident. Again, it's been about 2 years now.

Patricia is probably one of the most beautiful people I know. Her enthusiasm for riding is so contagious.

You can do it Chelle. It may take you longer, and it may be a little harder to grasp, but it can be done. It is a sight to behold to see Patricia take off on her bike. Looking all over, keeping her husband close behind, and a huge smile on her face.

• View author's info posted on Sep 12, 2005 20:18

smile. I agree! Keep coming back!
  • View author's info posted on Sep 11, 2005 21:33

Chelle...contact the Harley dealerships Rider's Edge Director.

About a month ago, the Rider's Edge course had a 'woman only' class and I was invited (as a former student) to come talk about experiences, blah blah blah.

Anyway, another woman, I didn't know came to share her stories also. She brought her husband who was also her interpreter. Her name is Patricia.

Patricia can't hear or speak. It had been a life long dream to ride on her own. She was tired on being a backrest, as she put it.

About 2 years ago, she signed up for Rider's Edge, brought her husband, and THEN surprised them with her disabilities! The instructors had to decide what to do. They said THEY would not be responsible for taking away someones dream...so they pressed on with the class.

Patricia said she fell and fell and fell all weekend on the bike. She just kept getting up, sometimes crying, but was determined to do it. By the end of the weekend, she said the whole class was cheering her on, some with tears of happiness of their own for her.

She rides now, on her own, but only with her husband behind her. He made her some special mirrors so she could see damn near all the way around her. He said she is a much better rider than he, because she is so alert. Eyes darting from one side to the other constantly, keeping her eyes on those around her at all times. He said she has yet to drop her bike or have any sort of incident. Again, it's been about 2 years now.

Patricia is probably one of the most beautiful people I know. Her enthusiasm for riding is so contagious.

You can do it Chelle. It may take you longer, and it may be a little harder to grasp, but it can be done. It is a sight to behold to see Patricia take off on her bike. Looking all over, keeping her husband close behind, and a huge smile on her face.
Follow - Email me when people comment