Home > Biker Forums > Write articles to get free gold membership > For or against the Helmet Laws? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
For or against the Helmet Laws?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 27, 2007 14:39

I am personal against the Helmet Law (Wisc-age is exempt). I personal believe that the Helmet Law is just to keep your head intact incase of an accident, but if you were in a accident, would you want to be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life? Do you realized that only 4 states are totally helmet free. Shouldn't it just be ones choice?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 15, 2007 09:45

You know its funny. I have a half helmet that I use to ride with. I have a decal on the back that says "helmet laws suck". To be honest, that helmet wouldn't save my melon in case of a crash. But, I wouldn't ride without it?
My ex wife and her boyfriend just crashed and her pelvis was so broken that her vagina and uterus were outside of her body. The doc put her on a 24hr. watch. In the 27 years he's been in that hospital he has put hundreds of people on a 24 hr watch and only three have come out of it. Her being one of them. She was wearing a DOT approved helmet which cracked on impact but saved her melon. The only reason she survived was because her brain remained OK! She is up and walking and just had a baby boy. The reason I'm writing this is because if she had parished in that accident my son who is 9 now would have been devestated! if it weren't for the helmet law in NY State my son would have lost his mom!
Cheers!
Jamie

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share