Home > Biker Forums > Write articles to get free gold membership > steam cleaner seems to help Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
steam cleaner seems to help
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 10, 2006 12:49

Well it is coming into that time of year,at least in Michigan anyway, when I begin to think of all the stuff I'd like to do to my scooter in the coming winter months. Well as usual when you have an old Shovelhead nothing seems to start without some type of precleaning to get rid of all that dirty, oil soaked, road grime that collects in all those places that tend to get overlooked during the normal summer washes. I recently decided to try something I've been thinking about for a while, and decided to pull the trigger on one of those home steam cleaners you've probably seen on an infomercial or at your local big box store.
At first I wasn't very impressed and thought, "Great another 40 bones shot!',
I guess I expected to see all the junk just pouring of off the underside of the frame, which does not really happen, but when I grabbed a towel and wiped the area that had just been blasted with hot steam the metal was rather clean and surprisingly somewhat film free. I will continue to try the steamer some more, maybe in conjunction with some type of degreaser, and see what happens. If anyone has any insight into this or some other miracle cleaning process I'd appreciate your input.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 15, 2008 11:32

I think I may try this in the spring.
Thanks for the tip!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 18, 2007 05:43

That sounds like a great idea. Harley01chick... ;0)