to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 17, 2005 02:57

life with kid

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2005 14:11

secretsquirrel write:
Well Lady's here in Cali the guys have more rights than we do....

My boys get to go live with there Father for awhile....

Judge gave him custody...I get to move but not with them in tow....

Wow! didn't see that coming. They give them there just deserts here...be careful what you wish for?

my 12 yr old laughed and said "Mom he won't last 3 months!" got to love that young man.....

in the mean time I'm going on a long vacation.....with tiki torches and little umbrella's

squirrel on a fly by!

they will be in my backyard again soon!

don't get me wrong my heart split in more than two places!

HEY HEY HEY PRETTY LADY, what the hel?l, its great to see you looken Sooo Damn Good,~~remember its JUST a vacation for a few months~~ ENJOY G/F, and I WANT TO GO WITH...umbrellas and tiki torches with Lots of Fresh Fruit sounds So-o-ooo goood to me. {keep in mind i haven't been on for a few, but i still wanna go}. It was great to see you smile, lots of newbies on these days which is always a GOOD thang......new meat.....yum yummy yum.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 17:22

lildawg write:

pinkpunch write:
i have 4 kids ... 8 boy, 11 girl , 12 boy,15 boy,
i divorced and got in to another relationship that went t*ts up... but i hav my kids to keep me goin..... they arent perfect , whos are.. but they help out a huge amount... they hav been ther for me and me for them through happy , sad , angry , mad , silly ect and they hav also helped pick up the pieces and made me realise that they are worth more than anythin... since my accident and my split they hav been everythin that matters...... and just bein told i love u mum makes everything else look like nothin.....they are doin well at school and all the activities they do...
bein told my kids are great, well mannered and i shud b proud of them makes me happy...

First of all God bless you!!! I have 3.. 17,14,11. They are good kids that drive me batty. But they make me laugh and we put the "Fun" in "DisFUNctional." Being a young parent, you learn from your mistakes (like giving chocolate before bed) and have fun with them.

lil...God Bless Them! ...They are absolutley beautiful!....Mo

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 10:57

seeme1st write:

WINDSPIRIT50 write:
Having Children is the greatest gift I was given...I love them so unconditionally no matter what happens! There has been great heartache and great love in our lives but we are all survivors and I am proud of who they've become....They are now 22, 23, and 29 and my granddaughter..another blessing!

i'm with you on that Mo--the trials and tribulations we go thru as "MOTHERS" is worth every second--i wouldn't change that for anything!!!!!

it can be difficult--and it can be easy

giving unconditional love always returns in the end

Peg, Your so right!!! Sometimes they don't realize it until they get older as I did with my mom! But it's truelly unconditional!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 05:26

WINDSPIRIT50 write:
Having Children is the greatest gift I was given...I love them so unconditionally no matter what happens! There has been great heartache and great love in our lives but we are all survivors and I am proud of who they've become....They are now 22, 23, and 29 and my granddaughter..another blessing!

i'm with you on that Mo--the trials and tribulations we go thru as "MOTHERS" is worth every second--i wouldn't change that for anything!!!!!

it can be difficult--and it can be easy

giving unconditional love always returns in the end

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 17:58

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 16:54

being a parents has its ups and downs..but for me, mostly ups. I raised my 4 all by myself after my first hubby died. YEah, there have been days from hell, but I cherish those days as much as teh good days. Life is to short...all I did and still do is \put the helmet on and hang on for the ride of a lifetime..its all you can do. You teach your kids right from wrong, but eventually, they do what they want. All you can do is pray you taught them well. I think I have with mine! As for the PMS, I only have one daughter. I told her that there is only one woman allowed to PMS in this house and it was nto her!!!! I think she got my point!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 08, 2005 15:46

pinkpunch write:
i divorced and got in to another relationship that went t*ts up... but i hav my kids to keep me goin..... they arent perfect , whos are.. but they help out a huge amount... they hav been ther for me and me for them through happy , sad , angry , mad , silly ect and they hav also helped pick up the pieces and made me realise that they are worth more than anythin... since my accident and my split they hav been everythin that matters...... and just bein told i love u mum makes everything else look like nothin.....they are doin well at school and all the activities they do...
bein told my kids are great, well mannered and i shud b proud of them makes me happy...

First of all God bless you!!! I have 3.. 17,14,11. They are good kids that drive me batty. But they make me laugh and we put the "Fun" in "DisFUNctional." Being a young parent, you learn from your mistakes (like giving chocolate before bed) and have fun with them.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 12:37

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 03, 2005 21:57

Lady2rideWithU write:
I agree with you about everyone giving into their kids, its easier to give them 20 bucks then to listen to them complain or whine. I am not that kind of parent. I cant be. I am a single mom who gets not support I work hard every day to pay bills. My kids got a playstation NOT PS2 a playstation for the first time this year. they have no gameboys or computers in there room. My kids know the word NO. And I dont feel guilty for saying it to them either.

My kids are grown now, but when I raised them I didn't allow them to watch MTV or play Playstations, they had to interact with LIFE, not television, and MTV has started with their "reality" stuff instead of playing music, and it is TRASH, I kept my kids busy with camping, fishing, and sports...and they are grateful for it now..They don't miss not watching TV or playing playstation when they were kids, they know how to camp, fish, and are athletic, one went to college on a scholarship, they have lifetime friendships from their sports activities, and two of the three still play sports for fun on adult teams. No regrets

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 21, 2005 07:32

Children have a way of making your life complete. I too feel like my son is my life, After giving birth to my son, I told the lord I would do everything in my power to raise him properly and give him all the love and support this child needed. I try to live up to this on a daily basis, I was truly blessed with a wonderful son. My life would be nothing without him.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 21:18

razar65 write:
Squirrel, sorry to hear that your ex got custody when it sounds like they don't think he can handle it. Don't know all of what happened and why he got custody, but all I can do is speak for me, and I'm not your typical Dad either. I spent all of my time being with my kids, doing things with them, being there for them, that's why they wanted to live with me. Some guys out there really do love their kids enough to fight for them and go through the struggles of raising them. There may not be a lot of us, but there are some. I know if I wouldn't have gotten custody of my kids, my heart wouldn't have broken, it would have shattered. I know most mothers would do a better job raising kids, as I am sure you would, but in my case, the kids were so much better off being with me.

Anyway, my heart goes out for you and I do hope you get them back real soon!

Peace!

thanks Razar it's nice to see a father that is really doing for the children....in my case, its a control issue..and this is the only way left to hurt me....Not working though...looking at the positive...Mom's getting a hall pass

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 13:27

My daughter is going to be 21 in a few months (wow...where did those years go?)I cherish my daughter & when I divorced her Dad when she was 16, I made a tough decision...I left her behind with him. That was one of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life. I didn't want to uproot her from the home that she had lived in since she was 3 or take her away from her school & friends. (I had to deal with that when my parents divorced) I was going to try & hang in there until she turned 18 & graduated but I just couldn't anymore. But I made it clear to her that I would always be there for her 24/7 & that she could call me anytime day or night. Even though I was no longer living in the home, her Dad & I still worked together as a team & did the best as we could as parents & went to all of her school functions & her games, did her high school graduation party together & also went to registration/orientation for college together. Our divorce wasn't about her, it was about us. So why make her suffer & be in the middle. And yes, she would call me at anytime day or night & she still does! Yes, it was tough being apart from her & yes she did a few typical teen things. In fact, when she was 17 she gave me for Christmas a plaque that said "Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young!" When she was 19 she said something very heartwarming to me. She said Mom? Not that I'm bragging or anything but I think that I'm a pretty cool kid & I want to thank both you & Dad for doing such a great job of raising me. Wow, hey? I feel now that it was the healthiest thing I could have done for my daughter by divorcing her Dad even though at the time my heart felt like it was being broken because I missed being with her day in & day out. Forced him to be more of a parent though too. When she was 18 she said to me (& guys, don't get offended please!), Mom? Guys are so stupid. Dad just didn't get it. If he wouldn't have been so controlling of you & so moody & jealous, you probably wouldn't have ever divorced him. I just smiled & said you're right. Then she said, what scares me Mom is that they say that a lot of times you pick a guy that's like your Dad & my boyfriend is a lot like Dad (actually her boyfriend was worse!). I said well Honey? You're 18 & you're realizing this now & you can break the pattern. I believe she has too. I'm very proud of my daughter for everything she is & everything that she is becoming & yes, I think I will pat myself on the back for her Dad & I doing a great job of raising her like she told me at age 19! She's not going to settle ever either in life - she knows she's worth more than that. So to all you parents out there? Good job!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 20:33

Be fortunate all- that you have kids.. Nothing will change that fact in your life that you have brought something lasting to this wonderful world.. Ever Lasting and you were a part of it... Congradulate yourselfs!!!!... Be Proud!..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 17:29

I was lucky to get my two sons in the divorce,I moved back to my neck of the woods to finish raiseing them ,since then ,Ive been named father of the year with the head start program on state and regional levels,bought a house and looking for a new bike.My cildren are my life line and they keep me strong,I'd rather be alone than with someone and lonely,I wouldnt trade them for the world.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 11:49

Squirrel, sorry to hear that your ex got custody when it sounds like they don't think he can handle it. Don't know all of what happened and why he got custody, but all I can do is speak for me, and I'm not your typical Dad either. I spent all of my time being with my kids, doing things with them, being there for them, that's why they wanted to live with me. Some guys out there really do love their kids enough to fight for them and go through the struggles of raising them. There may not be a lot of us, but there are some. I know if I wouldn't have gotten custody of my kids, my heart wouldn't have broken, it would have shattered. I know most mothers would do a better job raising kids, as I am sure you would, but in my case, the kids were so much better off being with me.

Anyway, my heart goes out for you and I do hope you get them back real soon!

Peace!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 11:05

Well Lady's here in Cali the guys have more rights than we do....

My boys get to go live with there Father for awhile....

Judge gave him custody...I get to move but not with them in tow....

Wow! didn't see that coming. They give them there just deserts here...be careful what you wish for?

my 12 yr old laughed and said "Mom he won't last 3 months!" got to love that young man.....

in the mean time I'm going on a long vacation.....with tiki torches and little umbrella's

squirrel on a fly by!

they will be in my backyard again soon!

don't get me wrong my heart split in more than two places!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 10:26

well on my own now in own apt. and makin it! i go on rides and go to rallies on the weekends when they are with their dad. life is getting better now, and they miss me!RIDE ON! RIDE FREE!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 27, 2005 20:48

My kids are 21 and 20..without them Id be really empty..I never knew they'd turn out to really be awesome adults, and have really made me proud..I home schooled them for 3 years which has its ups and downs, but it worked for us..I live for them and Id die for them as any parent would here..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 21, 2005 15:01

Thanks to everyone for your comments on this forum. I'm a single mom to a boy (17) & a girl (14) and it sometimes seems that I'm the ONLY one going through it. It's so good to be reminded that my kids are a gift to be cherished, and that going through this journey alone is bound to make me a stronger, and better person. And my children, themselves, make me a better person just the way they're growing up and their determination to make their lives better. I could never imagine a son of mine being on the wrestling team, or lettering in drama & speech. Or my daughter winning numerous talent and beauty titles in pageants. I'm so grateful for all of your insights and wisdom in this forum. Peace everyone!!