Home > Biker Forums > Write articles to get free gold membership > Tattoos Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Tattoos
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 14, 2007 17:06

I'm a woman with tattoo's, and get stereo typed by society. I love the art, and also the personal meaning. Yes I love Bikes, I love freedom,,,,but people look at those things and think all the worst about you. Nothing bothers me more than people looking on the outside and not seeing the inside. How many other people feel this way.
Tranquilwhispers

PS/ Working on getting my bike licence, and hope to feel the freedom more often

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 14, 2013 02:53

I got tattoos when it wasn't considered cool for a woman to display them on her arms. In fact, back then, a woman was looked down upon and labeled if they had tats. I got mine when I was in the military, though I rode back then. I am not ashamed of the work I've had done, and have had a couple of coverups over the years. But my tats tell a story, that if someone asks I'll be happy to explain. My love for ink was carried on by my eldest son, who is now a licensed tattoo artist in SE Tennessee. Mom gets free ink!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 23, 2013 01:42

"Those of us with tattoos don't hold it against those who don't" 
I was a tattooist for 14 years, so needless to say I have a few. A few years ago, progression of injuries I received in the military made me become semi retired. Now don't get me wrong, even tho' I have my bad days, I look like a large athletic dude from living the life I have. I still ride, and get around pretty well, altho' I use a cane on days when I've got to do alot of walking or standin'.
The fact is, to be able to live a half way normal life, I have to be on pain meds. And what a battle it has been. I already live in a state that is very uptight about treating pain with narcotics, due mainly the fact that there are so many "hop-heads" out to do anything to get their buzz. And here I am, with nerve damage, so I don't get the high that they all want, rated at 100% disabled by the VA, with medical records thick like a Bible, and I have to beg to have my pain treated, by the VA or civilian pain docs. They see the tattoos, the long hair, and they totally judge me. So even tho' they'll give someone who's in half the pain, or none at all, twice the meds, I get to go thru life with my pain under treated. So yes, in my case I have had to pay for my individualism in a very harsh way, but I have refused to bend to their, for lack of a better term, racist mold. 
Now, I know what many would say, and to be sure I would if it weren't for my kids and grand daughters. I'd move to a state where their not so backwards, where they have medical marijuana. Thank God my kids are grown, and they take care of their own, so all I have to worry about is me. It does allow me to still live my life, as I've always been determined I will, in the wind every chance I get!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 13, 2012 21:32

I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, the Dr. wanted to put his stethascope to my back.  He saw the tattoo on my back and said "That was unexpected".  I asked him what and he wouldn't answer.  I realized at that point that he ment the tattoo, when I mentioned it to him he was icy cold to me.  It was the last time I saw that Dr. I ended up having to get dressed and drag myself out of the E.R. and out into the freezing rain with my socks on where a friend was waiting to pick me up.  The friend expected to see me brought out via wheel chair and couldn't believe it when I came out alone bairly able to walk.  
I am of Japanese decent and have a huge dragon on my back.  I suppose there could have been multiple issues going on here.
The picture shows the day the outline was done.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 20, 2011 20:20

well..I have a few..kinda hate it when people ask howmany I have..I usually say just one that wont be finished til they are all connected...they pretty much are personal to me but I do love showing them off at times..there are people who def prejudge U in a negative way from my personal experience. Mostly I could care less although there are times when it just makes sense to keep them under cover..appearing before a judge,maybe a job interview..but mostly I like to try to show those that may have some unfavorable opinions that I am a regular,normal person,,I have good manners,am educated,a regular mom...etc, and hope they might change their stereotyped opinions and judge people for what is inside

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 08, 2009 14:36

I had tats when no one else did around my life and wanted to go over to people who stared and ask them if they wanted a closer look. Now everyone has them and so more acceptable! My tatooos are about me and me is fine as she is! But i think piercings are for africans and indigenous people of south america. Some are gross especially in the eyebrows of ladies and in the nose? not indian then its to get attention i think. And those huge ear holes? even worse! why the tongue? its does nothing but make people star into your mouth when you are talking talking funny due to the piercing. can you really give a meaning to your piercings? id like to hear it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 13, 2009 21:36

hey bikers no shame no blame we stand for what we are.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 13, 2009 20:28

all of our tatoos have a meaning and were proud of it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 06, 2009 09:03

LOVE THOSE TATTOOS BUT LIKE THEY SAY IF THERE WELL DONE. SO MANY OF MY FRIENDS NEED THERES RE DONE. SOME DO NOT LOOK LIKE ANYTHING ANYMORE. I HAVE HAD THEM AND THEY STILL LOOK LIKE THERE A TATTOO.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 16, 2008 18:26

I don't feel that I am stereotyped because I have tattoos or piercings. They make great conversation pieces. I find people will use my tattoos or piercings as excuses to make conversation with me. I feel tattoos are self expression. You get a feel of the person's personality. I am the only one in my family with either. I love em!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 15, 2008 10:30

I love tattoos (and piercings), it is a shame that people sometimes react negatively.
But then again, we didn't get them to be in the mainstream with all the other sheep. Did we?
I don't know about you, but mine (especially my septum piercing) are my identifying markers- of my strength, of my obstinance, of my will, and of my personal beauty.
Let's face it- I sometimes look around me when I'm out and about, and think to myself "I did something that 99 percent of these people couldnt or wouldnt do. I chose to be ME."
How many people are too afraid to do that?
Whether it be biking, tattoos, artwork, etc, I say :
Cheers to you all for finding your passion- and not being afraid to follow it!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 07, 2007 04:52

I am a women who got her first tattoo a year ago. I have always loved them but my ex did not. When our relationship ended I went right out and got a tattoo.
Somehow it made me feel very confident and very SEXY. I love it and am going to get more in the near future.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 13, 2007 10:05

i'll show ya my tats once i get home. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 04, 2007 20:03

I like tats, and especially well done ones on the ladys.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 28, 2007 06:42

I am 60 years old in October. This is the year I celebrate a milestone in my life and I am getting my first Tattoo!

It is for me to say that a Tatt is self edifying, something for me. A Tatt is very personal, even location is personal.

I for one think a Tatt is sexy as hell, not too many, just a right amount. Men will turn my head clean around with a hot looking Tatt and a Tatt on the small of a womens back, well, that is very sexy too, ask any man.

So ladies, if you think your too old, not in my life time! Check out the possibilities, decide what you want and do it!

For me, nothing like self respect, so do it for you!

Rubberside down, drive safe!

Harleysweetseat

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 26, 2007 12:31

I have two tattoos and love them, I even forget about them most of the time. Its just a sign of the times and probably who I hang out with. There are a number of people in society that gasp when they find out you have a tattoo like your a member of a secret cult! It think is sad and funny at the same time. These people are just afraid to think outside the box and express themselves. Afraid they will not be a conformist if they color outside the lines!!!

More power to anyone who wants to express themselves and any way they feel necessary!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 15, 2007 08:31

Tranquil,
I feel the same way as well. Although tattoos have become as popular as earrings, I still find people prejudging me before they get to know me. From a personal standpoint I could care less. I am who I am. If you don't take the time to get to know me than your not worth my time. That being said, in business especially by the old timers, most people go by first impression. I have found myself breaking out the long sleeve shirts to cover my arms usually for the first meeting. After that they are on their own! Cheers!
Jamie

Available only
to logged in members