Home > Biker Forums > Family > How kewel is this??? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How kewel is this???
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 28, 2005 04:01

I was telling my dtr that I had made the decsion to get my mc endorsement & a scoot...she was all for it. I knew she would be she loves to ride & told me once any man she gets interested in must ride. LOL Of course she was born w/biker in her blood.
I digress......she is going to go through it all too..Right along w/me. We're going to get our temps together, do the course together...
She and I often butt heads so this is a good thing....a common ground, good bonding.
I freakin' luv it!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 05, 2005 19:11

Lady_Bug, dont worry about that stick. He's at the age of awareness. His mind is turning to Girls so that is where you deal guidance/punishment as needed. Ya just gotta be creative and he will stay in line. It worked for me. I used to skip class, (a lot of class) but when I found out about girls - whew Ya couldnt get me outta any class that they were in, LOL.

I'm just saying, its a tool and a damn site bigger and better than a stick, LOL.

You have a good one and "YES" I was lurking again.

CrazyDane, always Crazy...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 04, 2005 10:38

b5-thanks, i like 'em too..sexy mother fu**ers too..lol..anyways, yes I AM A GOOD MOTHER! (still- worken and learn'n it, an everyday thang). wouldn't change it for the world, always knew he would make or break me and the little sh*t did BOTH....hahahaa, he's taller than me and just turned 11,,,i will be get'n a big ole stick to keep him in line..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 02, 2005 21:23

so is my grandson, a strong and beautiful name

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 02, 2005 10:35

Isaac

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 02, 2005 08:53

nice to talk to someone who doesn't think your crazy......lol....your easy to talk to also....to be taught unconditional love is the hardest lesson to teach ....what is your sons name?......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 02, 2005 07:48

Again, I thank you for your comments. They are most welcome and understood.
I've had a hard time meeting people, not only here but in my immediate area as well. You are easy to talk with and I enjoy that.
I believe that my son does know his destiny and I also believe that he was put here, on this earth again, to be a teacher. To teach people patience, and unconditional love; just to name a few. He has been my inspiration for learning these things and so much more.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 02, 2005 06:37

blush--------you must of read some of sylvia browns books....i also beleive that they choose the type of life they are to live before they come here, to complete their journey.......it's said that is want is needed to complete their soul..interesting.....it is hard to met some people, i enjoy talking to you....as for the guys leaving because of a child....you are right in telling them not to let the door hit them in the a s s on the way out.....you will see soon, i feel, a very special man is coming your way.....and he will complete the triangle......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 01, 2005 05:37

bea - wow, what can I say (blushing), thank you. I will take only part of the credit here as my son deserves the rest.

Since he was little, I've been told many times that he was an *old soul.* That he has been on this earth many times before and this is his last go round. Kinda goes along with what you are saying. I do believe this. I used to question so many things when he was first born and then I decided to just let it go. We bonded when he was born and it is very evident that we are deeply connected in other ways than just a mother and son. I just accept that as another one of the beautiful gifts that I was given when he accompanied me back from hell.

I could put another twist on this though. Throughout the last 15 years, I've had the opportunity to ride and date a few men. Very few as most of them would stay for awhile and things would be going great and then there would always come the time when they would tell me that they couldn't deal with my son. It was, *I really like you and want to continue to see you but I just can't handle your son.* As soon as the words came out of their mouths, I showed them the door. How could any of them think that I would choose between the 2? I came to the conclusion that they had very low mentalities and that even though my son is learning disabled, he knew more than they did. Just another little tid bit to add to the never ending puzzle of life.

Again, I thank you for your comments as it's been a little difficult to get to know people here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2005 23:15

blush-that's a tuff one-i really don't know what to say....i can understand the guilt part on some level, but i havn't walked in your shoes, only mine, i can only imagine.... maybe god knew how special you were to give you such a special, precious child--and you had the special kind of love he would need....i once read an article why people are given "special" people in their lives, and the answer there was-that you were loved so much, and that they chose you for their parent-even before they were born-knowing that they were the one to give to you and you to them a love that could never had been experienced any other way....your quite a lady blush....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2005 19:38

Thanks, Bea. My son is 15 and has the mentality of a 6 year old. He has severe learning disabilities.

I learned the hard way that I am his best and most likely only advocate.

The thing I want to say here is that I have done all of this to my son. In the beginning when he was little, I carried around so much guilt that I could hardly function. I had to come to terms with what I had done and make amends to myself. I was very ill back then and the only way out was to make amends and move into a solution. I just never gave up hope back then and I don't give up hope now.

We are all to be respected for the places we've been and come back from. There are so many that don't make it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2005 10:05

blush---wow---to hell and back huh?....isn't it amazing what we had done...your a very strong and loving lady...your son is a lucky man....how old is he now?....i applaud you for your strength....i won't say i am totally clean now, i do party once in a blue moon, but i'll never go back into hell...to lonely and dark in there....lol.....we all did pretty goooood i think! i am proud of us......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 30, 2005 10:25

Oh my! I know I hit the right forum when I came here. Reading your stories also brought tears to my eyes as well. With all that's been said here, I guess I can open up a little and post a bit about my son and myself.

Like you bea, the more drugs and alcohol I could get, the better I thought I was. I drank and used for 20 years. It had stopped being fun for me about the 5th year into it. I was hooked and it took me down a very dark and lonely path. One that I actually embraced. I can say that now due to hindsight. I injected all drugs and drank anything that was liquid. Needless to say, after 20 years, I was a basket case and had been near death several times. I ended up homeless and while there, I found out I was pregnant. I was malnourished, dehydrated and I wanted to die.
They told me I was approx 4 months pregnant and that I needed to stop drinking. I had tried so many times to stop but I couldn't. I wasn't doing drugs anymore as I was homeless and could only afford alcohol. Anyway, to make a very long story short, I gave birth to my son, Isaac, who has full blown Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
It has been a long hard struggle to get to this point. I have been clean and sober for almost 15 years, (this July 10th) and my son is the miracle that came with me through all the dark and lonely times. I've raised him as a single mom and we are a team. He has taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.

To all the rest of you that have shared here, I applaud you. You have my utmost respect and I will treasure every story that I've read.

Hugs to all of you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2005 21:56

lady bug....thanks for the kind words.....i'm sure your son will learn just fine and be a fine, loving man....has a good mom, right?....how old is he?.....ps..i love the boots your wearing.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2005 10:30

sniff...sniff..(as i try to keep the water from run'n down my cheeks)..daaammmnn btudes5, guess there was no need for make-up this morn'n.....whew....i pray that i have shown and will continue to show my son an unconditional bond that he will one day search for, give, and indure...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 19, 2005 13:29

Thanks ladies--my grandson & myself are doing better. He always scares me because he runs like 105 fever and it is hard to get it to come down, even for the Dr's.
As far as my plee--ok I've been widowed for 10 yrs. We(I) lost everything during his illness and shortly afterwards. The last over 7 yrs I have worked 2 to 3 times the normal person and regained and tripled what I lost. But haven't really got to enjoy it because I worked so much.
Almost 2 yrs ago right after I bought the scoot I found out I was sick. WTF---I was down for a yr. and this last year has been better, but I still have times my body won't co-operate.
3 mo's ago my job (very well paying) was ripped out from under me and I was not giving my severence. That was a low blow--but I thought --OK go to plan B---well plan B screwed me too---So it's plan C--well guess what---you got it.
Now I don't know about ya'll but I didn't have a plan D. Other than Devestated!!! I still have my bike by the skin on my teeth--The person that was going to assist me in paying it off--backed out. Wow I'm thinkin----I feel fucked.
I know I have made it thru the most difficult time in my life which was 10 yrs ago losing my love... I have always picked myself back up and being a Taurus the bull---stompeded over life.
I guess I'm tired, my body hurts, and I'm so sick of others thinking my name is---You gotta. Like you gotta $10.00--you gotta cig.--ect...
This issue with my body is heritary and there is no definition for it. I'm not in as much pain, but my legs--hands/arms just go. My daughter is afraid I'm going to stop at a stop light and go to put my feet down and my legs not work. I tease her and tell her that I will just look like Rolan(on his bike) on Laugh-In. She doesn't find that funny at all.
So my major decisions are--can I afford the bike with-out my extremely good income--And even if I can keep it--is it just going to sit and gather dust, cause my body won't work right.
As for right now--everytime...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 18, 2005 06:23

babybaby....my heart goes out to you, when my grandsons lung filled with fluid last month and i saw him in the hospital, i thought i would die, and to look in my daughters eyes was even worse....he did ok, and is home again...its like facking ping-pong---everytime the phone rings my heart stops....i really wish there was something that could be said to help you and yours....but i know no words even exist for this....i am not to much of a religious person anymoe but i promise i will light a candle for you and your grandson and ask for health and a fighting chance., i'm sure he's a tuff little shit.........you will get your ride, and just for thoes few minutes----all is put away and there are no thoughts...its almost like it magical, if only for a few minutes....if i had a bike i would give you a ride, or hell i'd give you the bike..... but they don't need us in the hospital also...somehow, someway we will all survive this.....and who know's maybe one day we will be teaching our grandbabies to ride.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 18, 2005 00:29

AAAAWWWW (((((Babybaby))))) bless your heart. I know where your head and heart are I think. I do not know how you feel but I know how I feel.

My husband and I rode 2 up for 34 years.. He died in Dec. '03. When spring came and the bikes started coming out here in OH..I thought I would die. It was pure hell all summer and fall. I cried everytime I heard or saw one.

My health is fading fast & I may not have alot of years left(of course that is true for any one of us). I am no longer waiting for someone else to put me in the wind. I want to ride again ... I want to be in the wind before I die. If it's only once so be it. If it's a couple years..praise be.

HONEY....if I had that scoot...I would be there. You would be on the back and we would ride.
One day in Nov a biker gal friend came to visit me...she took me out for a putt..OMGosh it was heaven. First ride in over a year. I was free again. Just those few hours put my head where it was supposed to be.

Come on somebody close to this lady....get there for her please.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 17, 2005 10:45

Hi ya'll--- I'm going to ask a favor now and can explain a bit later. There are some awesome people here, especially women. I read daily what ya'll write--and I am touched.
On the norm I don't really ask others for anything, but as I have been battling with some issues--somehow a few of you come to mind. Especially you Bea. My second thought is something my mom said to me after my husbands death--which was "Honey if you don't ask or tell--how are we to know you need anything"
Sooo--I need to ride!!!!!--Please!!!I'll explain later--I just want to ride 1 more time--So if ya'll could start a prayer-good thoughts--good wishes (whatever is your beliefs or ways) I just want to ride 1 more time---I will give up something--I will do whatever--I just want to put on my HD jeans-thoses boyish HD boots-a bit of leather--a bit of lace--Start er up---Thadda--Thadda---Thadda---and go for a ride--it doesn't even matter how far--I would accept a short one. It has been in the 70's--I have some major decisions to make, but I need this ride sooo bad. On top of that I have also spent 3 1/2 weeks playing 'lets pass the phemonia back-n-forth' with my grandson. So we have been cooped up.
Thank you to those that will--
Stir Crazy (babybaby)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 09:57

seeme---your so right, nothing comes with directions and we learn as we go along....we make amends where we can and fix what was fixable, and just live with the rest....would i ever want to go thru all that shit again?...noooooooo....but now since time has passed and we have all grown-that experience has made a bond between me and my kids no one can ever break, and now i see them doing it for their kids....its so hard to teach people and kids love, they have to see and learn it and the only thing i can say from what i am reading here from everyone....WE ALL DID A HELL OF A GOOD JOB AND TAUGHT THEM THAT NO MATTER WHAT, YOU TUFF IT OUT WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE AND NEVER GIVE UP......TO ALL I GIVE A BIG HUG AND YES, I DO SAY THANK GOD FOR US.....WE'RE ALRIGHT......