Home > Biker Forums > Write articles to get free gold membership > Biker Hospitality - what do you think? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Biker Hospitality - what do you think?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 19, 2007 19:52

I have to say in all the years I have been riding I have met the most wonderful and hospitable biker people and it kind of got me thinking .. As many of us know, traveling can cost an arm and a leg .. so imagine if you got to know some great biker's via say .. THIS SITE (or they had a "BED A BIKER" - section .. that sounds SO FUNNY!! *god I crack myself up sometimes!* ) and then (once you got to know them from chatting and emails etc) you could offer a spare bed if they (being the biker and his partner etc. or whatever) ever came to visit and they could do the same for you one day. I know this happens amongst *friends* but why not open it up?

Having somewhere to stay along the way when your doing your BIG RIDE can really save heaps .. not to mention fellow bikers know all the great places to ride in their own town, where to hire a bike etc. and great places to eat etc.

The only drawback would be those few bad apples who don't do the right thing and take advantage of kind folks hospitality .. but .. bugger them .. why should we let them squash a potentially good idea :-)

What do you think?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 29, 2007 05:17

I was in a very loose nit riding club and we started a list of names, addresses and telephone numbers of members who were willing to help fellow members who may be traveling through our part of the state. Each member stated the limits of what they were willing to offer should a member comethrough their city. It was mostly geared toward giving assistance should they have problems. Trailor, tools, jack are whatever they had to offer. Most included an offer for housing. The list was devided into quadrants of the state. Depending on where I am headed, I will print the list for that quadrant just in case I do have a problem.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 26, 2007 13:20

HEY I think that is a fantastic idea!!!! Where do we sign up? Unfortunatly I dont ride anymore - cause I dont have my own bike or anyone to ride with. But they are more than welcome to stay at the house and pitch a tent for the night!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 02, 2007 12:13

Rodeo cowboys and gals have been doing it for decades - there would always be someone stopping in to put their horse up and bed down to get some shut eye. In the moring we'd all have a big breakfast, (AFTER seeing to the stock), visit a little and then it was off to the next rodeo. Now days they all drive big fancy rigs with living quarters. Not a bad idea..
I'm sure it could be done..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 24, 2007 05:55

Hey Taz,
You got a point there. I know it can cost a few going for a weekend trip. Yet I am already stashing for my 09 trip to Sturgis. I know during some of the Eastcoast events I see alot of bikes down 95 and know they have put on some miles. Great subject and will hope to see your responses.
nc06Harley