Home > Biker Forums > Message board > Comments on the Billy Lane Incident ? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Comments on the Billy Lane Incident ?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 27, 2006 08:09

I have had a knot in my gut, mainly out of compassion, for the situation that Billy Lane finds himself in.

NOBODY is untouchable-NOBODY.

Then we have to live with ourselves, ultimately, and face up to whatever situations which we have created for ourselves, as well as those whose lives we may have affected by our own actions.

It is often too late, when we figure out how precious our freedom really is... and to realize just how precious life is, for it can be changed forever, in a matter of a second.

This is certainly an awakening eye opener for Biketoberfest events and those of us who attend. Even if you may not be under the influence, there is always somebody else out there, around the corner, who may change your life in a split second, and you have no control over anyone else--but yourself.

Either You control it, or "IT" whatever that may be, WILL control you. We all, in the end, have to be accountable for our own actions, and the consequences thereof...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 01, 2006 00:00

It's a tough story for everyone. Billy has to face reality with his drinking. Two cits in a few months is serious. There's a problem that needs to be addressed and solved. If this isn't hitting bottom, what is?

Dennis

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 22, 2006 18:17

Hey all, it could have been one of us that was killed. Does not matter who was behind the wheel!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 20, 2006 20:47

Don't think for one minute that Billy Lane doesn't know what he has done. He is a true gentleman and one with tremendous compassion. he is devastated by the accident.

His bikes did not go on sale the day after the accident. His shop is open and running. He has returned to work nearly full time now and re cooperating.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 17, 2006 20:19

It's always a bad thing when someone dies needlessly, no matter who the responsible party. I don't know the man from a hole in the wall but I believe that if he was cognizant enough to get in the vehicle in the first place he should suffer the consequences of his actions. If the story is true about the prior DUI's then he should have got the help he needs. It's just too bad that all he's worked for is now "in the wind". He made some awesome bikes. My sympathies go out to the victims family.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 07, 2006 18:02

First off, my sympathies to the family and friends of the man Billy killed.

Billy pulled a bonehead stunt, whether he was drunk or not. His fame might get him some slack from the bike community, but that's wrong in my book. If any other cage driver had taken out a biker, there'd be bikers hollering for the driver to be charged and convicted.

How is Billy any different? Cause he was on a TV show and can spin a wrench? Get real folks. He killed someone, either by being a jerk and driving after drinking, or by being sober and a real shitty driver.

Based on the news reports of his prior DUI issues and the circumstances of this tragedy, it seems Billy has a real problem with booze. Hopefully this episode will jolt him into making a change in his behavior.

Would be a real shame if he killed a guy and didn't learn anything from it.

When we ride, we know that every other vehicle out there can kill us. Gotta ride smart and always have a plan on how to handle your bike and avoid becoming another statistic.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 06, 2006 18:36

FYI, I NEVER said I was NOT sympathetic towards the family of the deceased, but in fact never mentioned it at all.

I basically was saying that no matter who you are, our lives can be changed in a matter of a second, and that given all that Billy has worked towards, it just seems sad that a bad decision has put him where he's at, that's all...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 02, 2006 09:35

I haven't heard the whole story but I have a friend who has friend who works there, and he tells me that the day after it happened bikes were on sale real cheap...I wish Billy luck, he's a great builder and a nice guy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 08:13

This is a touchy subject, and one which needs to be addressed. You're right, nobody is above the law, and we are all responsible for our decisions. If Billy was driving drunk and killed someone, he needs to be locked up for a long time. If he wasn't, and it was just a matter of him crossing the double yellow lines, then he still needs to be punished, but not to the same extent. He was just arrested in June for drunk driving and not wearing a helmet. Not I don't care about the helmet charge, I don't believe in making us wear them anyway, but it would seem that Billy has a problem with the bottle and needs help, not only with the drinking, but with the decisions he makes. My opinion may sound harsh, but if that were your family member laying in the morgue, how would you feel then? If you want to dance, you've got to pay the piper. And just because the guy builds awesome choppers and has a huge fan base, doesn't mean he's above the law. Sorry bro, but I gotta go against ya on this one. My sympathies to the family of the deceast.