Home > Biker Forums > Sports and travel > Night Riding Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Night Riding
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 07, 2005 11:38

lv2ride2005, love the sweet smell of orange blossoms on a moon lit night, and fire flys dancing to a cool spring breeze, stopping for the mornings sunrise to gaze at the wide wonder, to make camp in the woods. Ah yes, it's great to be free!
:)
SLB

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 07, 2005 07:48

A few years back they used to burn the cane fields in the evenings. Head out after tea and roll along the long stretches of farm road. The sky is alight with the flames and the sound of the crakling sugar cane is like a train thundering through a pass. Occassionaly a wild pig would cross paths and red eyes reflect in the headlight. Stars sparkle and hide behind dark patches you know are clouds. Life is worth living...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 06, 2005 12:38

SS...Oh yeah....we're out here! Love the day time & sunshine....but the night.. it's like a cloak.. and it it has it's own magic!
Ever be driving down the road on a cool spring night, and smell that rich earthy scent in the air? Breath deep....Sends chills right up my spine!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 06, 2005 11:54

Falcon,

Yes, in the Rockies the full moon is a great time to ride and through the deserts. I think that needing to keep within the headlights is what makes it fun because you do just cruise with a little edge on your seat.

Lv2r5,
Ah the beach, I miss it and you paint such a beautiful picture with your words.

Glad to know some more night owls exist that enjoy the exquisite night.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 06, 2005 11:16

Great time to ride! Only real problem is the critters. Does teach you to not ride faster than your headlights will allow, though. Much better on a bright moonlit night.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 06, 2005 09:06

I LOVE IT!! Riding by the beach on a moon lit nite....wind in my hair, the ocean spray on my skin....makes you feel ALIVE!!
Gosh....it it Thunder Beach time yet??!!