Biker Forums > New to the site! > New to the site and the road! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
New to the site and the road!
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 04, 2005 16:24

I just bought my first bike and took the motorcycle safety class about a month ago. I bought an older Honda CX500 Custom (I got a great deal) until I find my dream bike. I made my first road trip on Saturday with a group of friends. The ride was about 2 hours down and 2 hours back. I loved it! I have been on the back of bikes for years, but there is nothing like riding your own bike! I am looking for more road time, but I would rather ride with experienced riders. I live in the Baltimore area. I have friends that ride, but they can't spend all their time with me. lol

Anyone want to help me explore the open road?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 23, 2005 09:05

If I ride with more than one person they always put me in the middle. Latley I have been only riding with one friend. Is it better to be in the front or in the back when I am riding with just one other person? I am getting very comfortable riding, and I am getting plenty of riding time.

Kelly

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 17:11

hi sportian

you should always ride with two other people one in front one in back. you watch the person in front and the other person watches you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 15:34

Thanks. I love riding. I am just not experienced enough to ride alone. It is more fun riding with someone else anyway.