Home > Biker Forums > Relationship > Do YOU find it easier to Dislike than Like Others? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Do YOU find it easier to Dislike than Like Others?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 09:39

To me its soooo much simpler to dislike than to like.. If you dislike something you avoid it and pay no nevermind to it.. The End...

Just wondering here...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 26, 2006 21:42

I like almost everyone, until given a reason to feel otherwise

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 13, 2006 07:12

hi mick im have bf ronnie karbowsky is hearing and he can sign lanugage . ronnie and i get engeagentring i show you ok andi

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 07:01

softailcill write:
i love meeting people and i go into all of my relationships friend or lover with a kind happy attitude and i take chances and give my whole heart to a man i think is worthy and believe me i have had my heart shattered in pieces just recently but I'll do it again because finding the right man to cuddle with and share life with is worth the risk;-) the only way i will not like somebody is if they give me a reason not to.;-)Peace, Cill

Now I agree with this totally. I have never understood why anyone would want to go into any kind of a relationship with walls built up. All this does is make the other person have to work to break down walls someone else caused. To me it would be time better spent getting to know each other than one have to break down walls that he/she had nothing to do with building. Think about it, you have had your heart broken time and time again but guess what, your still kicking. Just my opinion now but if you have walls, you put them up, you bring them down, you just might like what you find on the other side.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 06:23

i love meeting people and i go into all of my relationships friend or lover with a kind happy attitude and i take chances and give my whole heart to a man i think is worthy and believe me i have had my heart shattered in pieces just recently but i'll do it again because finding the right man to cuddle with and share life with is worth the risk;-) the only way i will not like somebody is if they give me a reason not to.;-)Peace, Cill

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 17, 2006 19:23

mick2003 write:
Ha, Mick, nobody told me... I think it was just a gut instinct, really, LOL

Was it the beard? chaps? motorcycle? leather jacket? Smart azz attitude?
Twinkle in my eyes? What?!!! Maybe the jumping up and down on the dance floor did it, huh? hahahaha

Mick

Hmmmm... I don't know...that's all the stuff that attracts, especially the jumping up and down thing, shows ya like having fun and don't care what other people think. Maybe I better go check out your profile too!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 04:49

HarleyGurl35 write:
Good one, Softy.

People have to give me a reason not to like them. With me, everyone starts off the same.

Even after they give me a reason to not care for them, I will still give them another chance to redeem themselves. Many times it's been worth it. Most of the time, they don't even know I'm struggling with 'liking them'.

It really takes a lot for me to truly NOT like someone. There is 1 that I have absolutely no use for here on BK, and so I stay clear of them.

They have shown their true colors time and time again so that tells me they are just what they are. Fake.

There have been times I found myself trying to really like them on one thread, only to find them on another reminding me why I just shake my head and sit in amazement at how they don't realize how they are embarrassing themselves.

Honestly, I find myself feeling embarrassed for them.

ya, What HGurl said. ty!

Great thread Softie.
Muahh...to my bk buds.

DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 20:58

mick2003 write:
Luv2Ride99 write:
I pretty much have the mind set that there is something likeable about most everyone. What works best for me, is to go with my gut, intuition, instict, whatever you want to call it.

I can tell right from the first instant of meeting someone new whether they are a kindred soul or someone to watch out for. Not that I've always listened to my intuition haha. But, there has definetly been a few that I just knew I didn't want to be anywhere near them, especially alone, and will go out of my way to try to avoid contact with that person.

I am someone that someone else has probably warned you about. LOL

Now, on topic: It is easier for me to like people than to dislike them. It takes a lot for me to dislike someone, and in this sense, I am pretty lazy.

Ha, Mick, nobody told me... I think it was just a gut instinct, really, LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 23:22

mspyder write:
Softail,
I had to think about this for a minute and sometimes you are right it is easier to look and see dislikes, it doesn't seem to take any effort, BUT, for my general outlook and attitude it is important that I look for likes. With myself I have to admit I seem to project my insides out on others outsides, if that makes sense. It's a good topic, it makes you or I think.
Spyder

I agree with projecting your insides out!!!.. It is like looking in a mirror on what you are projecting outwords... I try to keep a smile on myself.. to project a positive outlook...
Sometimes its difficult though...
?? how do you keep your discontent inwords...

Sorry I havent responded sooner also..

Peace and ride safe. too..
hope to meet up some day.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 22:56

DirtyBikers4Eva write:
Go with the flow... the important relationships stick by thierselves and the others I just enjoy whatever is good and drop whatever may have been bad. No use keepin anything with u that does not enhance your life.

SPS.. Sorry I cant with the Flow..
That would be like Me in a herd of buffalo, following the lead off the cliff!!!...
Just isnt right...

I want to Have and Keep whats right to me!... Guess I hate to settle and give in..

Thanks for your input though...

Softy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 13:14

Good One (((((Softail))))))!!!!!!!!!!

I dont start off disliking I give it a couple of times and collect my thoughts (Unless I experienced the situation before) then, I know the situation of (dislike) is at hand. If Im undecided I would probably like the person until proven by my intuition different.
Jade

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 09:24

HEY AJ

Its about time my brother!

Hope all is well

Jade & Bear

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 08:30

For me.. dislike is easier. Not like it is bred out of envy... or anything like that though.

However, I just always figured that the World would be a much better place without most of the people.

So, the step over the line to "like" has to have some affirmative force to push it there.

Can be as simple as some chatty fella at a road house buys me a whiskey. Okay, he stepped over the like line... but could be back on the other side as easily if he banters on or asks too many questions.

A flash of a smile or a wink can do the same thing. But those who try sooo hard to be liked... are the easiest to dislike.

AJ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 09:59

Go with the flow... the important relationships stick by thierselves and the others I just enjoy whatever is good and drop whatever may have been bad. No use keepin anything with u that does not enhance your life.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 21:22

Good one, Softy.

People have to give me a reason not to like them. With me, everyone starts off the same.

Even after they give me a reason to not care for them, I will still give them another chance to redeem themselves. Many times it's been worth it. Most of the time, they don't even know I'm struggling with 'liking them'.

It really takes a lot for me to truly NOT like someone. There is 1 that I have absolutely no use for here on BK, and so I stay clear of them.

They have shown their true colors time and time again so that tells me they are just what they are. Fake.

There have been times I found myself trying to really like them on one thread, only to find them on another reminding me why I just shake my head and sit in amazement at how they don't realize how they are embarrassing themselves.

Honestly, I find myself feeling embarrassed for them.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 17:09

yea, i know what your saying....i don't know if it's that i just dislike people or situations, or i just got so use to just avoiding people and situations----weather it is because i really dislike them, don't want to be bothered by them, or just get to tired of trying.....i always envied people who could always find the good in people, i think i might have stopped doing that much anymore, looking for the good...but i think i have come to realize though when i do met someone, when the good is there it is like i have known them all my life, no stress, just kinds natural....so i guess to answer you question softtail....i dunno....interesting question

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 16:38

I pretty much have the mind set that there is something likeable about most everyone. What works best for me, is to go with my gut, intuition, instict, whatever you want to call it.

I can tell right from the first instant of meeting someone new whether they are a kindred soul or someone to watch out for. Not that I've always listened to my intuition haha. But, there has definetly been a few that I just knew I didn't want to be anywhere near them, especially alone, and will go out of my way to try to avoid contact with that person.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 14:13

2kspringerhd write:
Personally I think you are thinking way to much on this. The way I see it is lick'em all and pick the one that screams the loudest, and if she shakes then thats a whole diff......uh ..............you said like huh,................................................nevermind

lmao.. Ummm.... I wasnt just speakin on male/female and tell ya I aint going to do no licking on the other... Lmao...
Easy system though....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 07:18

Softail1999 write:
To me its soooo much simpler to dislike than to like.. If you dislike something you avoid it and pay no nevermind to it.. The End...

Just wondering here...

Good topic Softail.
In my younger angry days I felt to often I was being prejudged by others. So I lived with an idea to not like anyone cause no one would like me.
With the help of others that said My outward appearances look too serious or angry, I began to look in my own mirror. What I saw, was what they saw. They were right. But I couldn't help how I looked.
After hearing myself say many times, If only people would take the time to get to know me. I began to realize I had to stop judging others the same way.
It is easier to just dislike, from the start. Our work load is so much decreased....
But it gets lonely.....
Chkn

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 06:48

I think its easier to see the flaws in people, we have a tendancy to look for them. Its easier to dislike for the little things and not see past them and that protects us from being hurt. I try to always look at the good in folks and also to try and see why they have some "flaws" and have empathy for them. Love them inspit of their flaws. We all have baggage and have to learn to deal with it positivly. I have found that jealously is my biggest issue to deal with and it will cause me to dislike rather than embrace the person. Always a work in progress... Never cease to learn about myself and others.