Why is it....... Religion

• View author's info Photo Verified Certified Biker Author posted on Feb 26, 2005 14:41

That religions that have been around for centuries longer than Judaism or Christianity, aren't considered to be "real" religions?

And please don't give me that "the bible says......"

Men wrote the bible, not "god". and the bible contridicts itself. Don't believe me, read it closely.
  • 89Comments

• View author's info posted on Dec 06, 2005 09:03

I am a christian but I do not believe in religion at all!! I think religion is evil and pits "man against man" and is something man uses to tear down and weaken others.

I am non denominational and I believe that the only thing that is important is that you have a "one on one" relationship with God...

How can you go wrong with that? It is custom fit to just you and your needs personally and when I read the bible he directs my mind so I understand what it is "I" need to understand. Which may be very different than what it is that my neighbor needs to understand.

The only thing I will ever tell another is that a personal realtionship with him is all you will ever need. You don't need a church and you don't need to be led by anyone or anything other than him. That is when you truly get all screwed up.

We are judged by our hearts and not our deeds!! He meets us where we are and understands us and our actions without any explanation and no change is required in order to begin our relationship with him. I believe that is why it is wrong to be preachy and judgemental or claiming that your understanding of God is the only way for everyone. Anyone that is doing that is actually doing the exact opposite of what God would want. That behavior only serves to make people turn away from God, its the most ungodly behavior I can think of.

Your relationship with him will bring out your own convictions and your own convictions bring out the changes that you do or do not need to make. Another human being has no business trying to direct anyone else with regard to the Almighty. Its a perfect system Gods got going on and it works. Religion and anyone who is pointing out your short comings is only making it harder for anyone to feel worthy enough to seek him. None of us is worthy nor will we "ever be" no matter what you do or what you say. Its by faith and God's grace that we are afforded his attention. He loves us all and no sin is greater than another.. No sin is unforgiveable... "NONE" is without sin.

My grandmother told me before she died that the most effective way to help another know God? Is to let your joy show and your kindness and love. That will draw them and make them want he has to offer. Just let them see how you feel inside. No words are even necessary. My grandmother was the greatest woman I have ever known and she lived by what she told me. She was loved by all who ever met her.

I will get off the pulpit now... LOL

One more thing, I am soo impressed by somany of your views. Through my life I have never met soo many people who truly get it as I have in this one forum.. I am truly in awe of all of you. Glad to know that true Godliness is well and good.
  • View author's info posted on Oct 29, 2005 00:07

Why it is that is Why is it because it IS!

You can't grasp it you can experience it so deeply that you become aware of it and pursue it.
    Like others have said it is maybe a change of vision, maybe a change of action, but it will be a hole in the illusion when you will not see who and what is separated from your skin but you will see your skin connected and part of everything. It is only a very thin film of you.
    When you, experience God in others, not just intellectually than you will treat them differently.
    Christ stated clearly that even animals love their own kind or treat them with favor. We can do so much more but the illusion of you and I must be seen through and one must experience what is living in everyone and what it is trying to one day become. Life is a very rare and delicate fruit we have found no where beyond this little rock in space. We do not treat one another thus tenderly. We use the intelligence given to our species who should be caregivers of this great gift; to ra pe, pillage and plunder what lies before us and to snuff out that flower in those we see as other and less than ourselves.

"Love one another as I have loved you." Christ
    If we could achieve that alone the end of the world would come for Christ will have returned.
    An the end of the world is the dramatic change of culture and culture is our world..what we value, what we worship and what we die for.

Peace
    Why it is that is Why is it because it IS!

You can't grasp it you can experience it so deeply that you become aware of it and pursue it.
    Like others have said it is maybe a change of vision, maybe a change of action, but it will be a hole in the illusion when you will not see who and what is separated from your skin but you will see your skin connected and part of everything. It is only a very thin film of you.
    When you, experience God in others, not just intellectually than you will treat them differently.
    Christ stated clearly that even animals love their own kind or treat them with favor. We can do so much more but the illusion of you and I must be seen through and one must experience what is living in everyone and what it is trying to one day become. Life is a very rare and delicate fruit we have found no where beyond this little rock in space. We do not treat one another thus tenderly. We use the intelligence given to our species who should be caregivers of this great gift; to ra pe, pillage and plunder what lies before us and to snuff out that flower in those we see as other and less than ourselves.

"Love one another as I have loved you." Christ
    If we could achieve that alone the end of the world would come for Christ will have returned.
    An the end of the world is the dramatic change of culture and culture is our world..what we value, what we worship and what we die for.

Peace
  • View author's info posted on Oct 25, 2005 15:24

hi thunder hun i hope all is well.i look more on the higher powe or spirtual nature take on my faith bless at be to all and you my friend
    hi thunder hun i hope all is well.i look more on the higher powe or spirtual nature take on my faith bless at be to all and you my friend
  • View author's info posted on Oct 24, 2005 16:32

Yep...I got religion...just look at my happy face in the pic w/you HarleyRose.
    Yep...I got religion...just look at my happy face in the pic w/you HarleyRose.
  • View author's info posted on Oct 24, 2005 05:43

A.R.800 hey hun i'm good thank you and you ?
    religion what ever it is for you or called in its true sense is most joyous thing the human soul can know and when the real religion is realized we will fine it to be an agent of peace of joy and of happiness and never an agentof gloomy long-faced sadness
    A.R.800 hey hun i'm good thank you and you ?
    religion what ever it is for you or called in its true sense is most joyous thing the human soul can know and when the real religion is realized we will fine it to be an agent of peace of joy and of happiness and never an agentof gloomy long-faced sadness
  • View author's info posted on Oct 22, 2005 13:44

harleyrose6569 write:
    spirituality is like a bird ;if you hold on to it tightly .it chokes' and if you hold it loosely it escapes

Well put HR, again! How are you Sis...
  • View author's info posted on Oct 22, 2005 13:28

spirituality is like a bird ;if you hold on to it tightly .it chokes' and if you hold it loosely it escapes
  • View author's info posted on Sep 22, 2005 14:39

Hey HavFun--being open to hearing about things that are new to you is a HUGE start. Here's a tip that helped me get started 30 years ago: no matter how you feel about someone, treat them well--NOT saying be a doormat--and refrain from reacting in anger or frustration if they're being ill-behaved toward you. This sounds like no big deal but unless you're super patient normally, it'll be a challenge. I can tell you from my own perspective as former loose cannon, you'll begin to have a real concern and caring for the same people that used to drive you crazy. That's the beginning of love. You start doing that and God will start an unbelievable awesome change in you that'll make you happier than you can imagine. Life won't stop having ups and downs but how it affects you will be smoother.
  • View author's info posted on Sep 21, 2005 19:49

I would like to have a stronger faith and belief in the reality of God. I would also like to learn to love myself and other people. Want a bunch more stuff but these would be a good start.smile.
  • View author's info posted on Sep 19, 2005 12:53

Thanks for the kind welcome MtnMan---I'll be checking about once a week to see how it's going with everyone. If anyone needs prayer or encouragement just email me or if you're not currently paying dues post a request here. This can be a great tool. I will keep you folks in prayer according to the things you've spoken about here.
  • View author's info posted on Sep 17, 2005 19:25

rubysues write:
    when you wrestle with the text, you walk away limping. Some people have no limp because they haven't wrestled. But the ones limping have had an experience with the living God. I think God knows what he's doing with the Bible. The question i think should be, do we know what we're doing with IT? It's so much easier to debate the word than to obey it and i think this is vital! Questioning is what it's all about! Keeps the word alive!

Children of Israel-those who wrestle with God not a place on the map or people of blood lineage....Israel was Jacob's name after wrestling with God. Limping to meet his brother he earned his wisdom in that fateful wrestling match. Questions are just that and the struggle to let an experience of the numinosum break through our finite minds and cause us to limp with something we can experience but never express in words.
    Where has Logos gone taken from the cross no longer in his tomb we are at a loss.

Good to read your words. I sense your experience is stronger.
    Mtn Man
    "as a deer panteth for water so my soul panteth for thee." Psalm quoted by Carl Jung in an early letter to Bill W. that began what became the AA.

Peace and continued growth!
    SSoul
  • View author's info posted on Sep 16, 2005 15:32

mtnman

MtnManWA write:

rubysues write:
    hope=having open patient eyes.Gotta have hope! Really like to know more of your story there MtnMan, i think you've probably got some lessons worthy. It seems there's alot of anger out there, i'm not angry. I think it must be awe. I'm in the P.U.S.H. mode i guess, praying until something happens. Anybody else feel a power in this?

Hey Rube, not much to my story but here goes anyway, Born 1951, adopted 1952, tossed in juvi as an incorrigable at 11, boys home until 18, VietNam, severe leg and mental injuries, rode hard, drank and drugged hard, fought harder lololol, married to my first lay, 1969, divorced 1970, rode hard drank and drugged hard, did 5 years on a 20 beef, rode hard, drank and drugged harder, married again in '84, got clean in 85, sober in 87, divorced 87, she is still out there usin' raised 5 kids, with or with out her. After I got sober I finished my Masters Degree in psych/chem dep. Was a therapist until 1999, now RETIRED. I always have spoken my mind, never have nor will believe addiction is a disease. being a 'Friend of Bill W" I needed to know what was after Step 12, looked to God, as that is what the Steps are all about, found that God was next to me the entire time, gave myself to Him 3 years ago. Adoptive parents died 2002, and Mom died this year, sister greedy, full of anguish and pain. Have suffered MANY satan attacks since I became a B.A.C. Still in therapy to maintain my balance having PTSD/Bi-Polar/Manic Depressive. STILL wear my heart on my sleeve and a cross around my neck. Each day I carry my cross and bare it's load, LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT, yet STILL not hitched lolololololol
    ALL PEACE
    MtnMan

mtn man, wow, i could learn a lot from youi think, ever feel like doing some internet counseling for a guy thats pretty lost, please look me up, thanks!
  • View author's info posted on Sep 16, 2005 14:44

MtnMan and Rubysue I'm happy to make the acquaintance of both of you. I just started checking out the forum and wish I'd done it a long time ago. Very encouraging to hear what you both have to say. Sometimes a person feels alone not really having any like-minded friends, but now I know you guys are out there. Blessings on both of you.
  • View author's info posted on Sep 07, 2005 11:35

MtnManWA write:

rubysues write:
    amen.

Yo Bro,, my comments were not directed at you, they were made to ROGUE, who is a s***t stirrer. When he said, that the Bible was written by man, he was correct, HOWEVER, what he failed to acknowledge is that there is the OLD T. and the NEW T, and how they relate, from prophesy to actuality. The NEW T was written by man that had LISTENED to the "Word" as narrated by Jesus Christ.
    Perhaps someday we 'Americans' can leave the rest of the world to what they choose to believe, and concentrate on the HOW and WHYs of the USA. Been to DC seen the writtings on the walls of our government buildings. Guess we started as Judeo Christian people, however greed is forcing the truth of the meaning of the USA, to be kept in the shadows. "All things are permissable in the world, not all things are beneficial, and God will be the final and ONLY judge of what was beneficial." Maybe this quote from scripture will allow the haters and fearfull stay out of the topic. Sorry you thought my comments of the past were aimed at you.

PEACE
    MtnMan

WOW!
  • View author's info posted on Jul 30, 2005 04:30

Rogue write:
    OK< here goes the firefight.

Catchme, I'm not angry about the bible, it's just a book.

psironman, yeah, I AM a rogue, don't like it, too bad, I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Don't like Maryland, don't go there.

What I am angry about is people who don't know me presuming that they can tell me how I should live my life.

GOD GAVE YOU A FREE WILL..YOU CAN LIVE LIFE ANY WAY "YOU CHOOSE" JUST BE HAPPY IN YOUR DECISIONS FOR YOU OWN THEM!
  • View author's info posted on Jul 07, 2005 19:03

saxon write:
    SS - I sure do know about that damn ocean my friend .......... it's the only thing at the moment that is stopping me from seeing a certain person over there ........... I will never lose that key, and neither should any of us once we actually find it.

Saxon,
    If I would have known about your obstacle I wouldn't have used it as a metaphor.
    The ocean is the collective unconcious from which each bud of individual conciousness buds, blossoms, bears fruit....etc.
    I hope you find a way to part that ocean between your desire and you.
    SS
  • View author's info posted on Jul 07, 2005 18:43

Saxon...I have all of the feelings,,,all of those thoughts...the peace, the contentment..it's all there. Not locked up my friend..it is shared w/all but not through my written words as much.

S.Soul...yes, we will take the time to exchange our thoughts..

Bea..you have it too girl..
  • View author's info posted on Jul 06, 2005 20:25

beatitudes_5 write:
    springer.........wow-you do have a wonderful view on life-for that i do envy you.....pass some of that love this way..........where did you find such contentment?.....on that mountian top?............

I have been to the factory and seen how the work gets done.
    I have been through the factory and didn't come undone.
    I am still in the factory chopping wood and carrying water.
    I learned to see with different eyes experience and experiences.
    Somethings are eternal those you hang on to others are temporal and you release.

Thank you Cweet Char and Beatitudes!
    Saxon, I hope you hold on tight to your key.
    An ocean lies behind the eyes of your identity.
    Take a deep swim within and let the Salt enrichen your skin.

Peace
  • View author's info posted on Jul 03, 2005 07:43

hey thunder----how you doing?......yes i agree with you, thoes men can really put some nice thoughts into words......you heading out that way?......go for it girl........
Follow - Email me when people comment