Home > Biker Forums > Religion > Why is it....... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why is it.......
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 26, 2005 14:41

That religions that have been around for centuries longer than Judaism or Christianity, aren't considered to be "real" religions?

And please don't give me that "the bible says......"

Men wrote the bible, not "god". and the bible contridicts itself. Don't believe me, read it closely.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 06, 2005 09:03

I am a christian but I do not believe in religion at all!! I think religion is evil and pits "man against man" and is something man uses to tear down and weaken others.

I am non denominational and I believe that the only thing that is important is that you have a "one on one" relationship with God...

How can you go wrong with that? It is custom fit to just you and your needs personally and when I read the bible he directs my mind so I understand what it is "I" need to understand. Which may be very different than what it is that my neighbor needs to understand.

The only thing I will ever tell another is that a personal realtionship with him is all you will ever need. You don't need a church and you don't need to be led by anyone or anything other than him. That is when you truly get all screwed up.

We are judged by our hearts and not our deeds!! He meets us where we are and understands us and our actions without any explanation and no change is required in order to begin our relationship with him. I believe that is why it is wrong to be preachy and judgemental or claiming that your understanding of God is the only way for everyone. Anyone that is doing that is actually doing the exact opposite of what God would want. That behavior only serves to make people turn away from God, its the most ungodly behavior I can think of.

Your relationship with him will bring out your own convictions and your own convictions bring out the changes that you do or do not need to make. Another human being has no business trying to direct anyone else with regard to the Almighty. Its a perfect system Gods got going on and it works. Religion and anyone who is pointing out your short comings is only making it harder for anyone to feel worthy enough to seek him. None of us is worthy nor will we "ever be" no matter what you do or what you say. Its by faith and God's grace that we are afforded his attention. He loves us all and no sin is greater than another.. No sin is unforgiveable... "NONE" is without sin.

My grandmother told me before she died that the most effective way to help another know God? Is to let your joy show and your kindness and love. That will draw them and make them want he has to offer. Just let them see how you feel inside. No words are even necessary. My grandmother was the greatest woman I have ever known and she lived by what she told me. She was loved by all who ever met her.

I will get off the pulpit now... LOL

One more thing, I am soo impressed by somany of your views. Through my life I have never met soo many people who truly get it as I have in this one forum.. I am truly in awe of all of you. Glad to know that true Godliness is well and good.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 29, 2005 00:07

Why it is that is Why is it because it IS!

You can't grasp it you can experience it so deeply that you become aware of it and pursue it.
Like others have said it is maybe a change of vision, maybe a change of action, but it will be a hole in the illusion when you will not see who and what is separated from your skin but you will see your skin connected and part of everything. It is only a very thin film of you.
When you, experience God in others, not just intellectually than you will treat them differently.
Christ stated clearly that even animals love their own kind or treat them with favor. We can do so much more but the illusion of you and I must be seen through and one must experience what is living in everyone and what it is trying to one day become. Life is a very rare and delicate fruit we have found no where beyond this little rock in space. We do not treat one another thus tenderly. We use the intelligence given to our species who should be caregivers of this great gift; to ra pe, pillage and plunder what lies before us and to snuff out that flower in those we see as other and less than ourselves.

"Love one another as I have loved you." Christ
If we could achieve that alone the end of the world would come for Christ will have returned.
An the end of the world is the dramatic change of culture and culture is our world..what we value, what we worship and what we die for.

Peace
Why it is that is Why is it because it IS!

You can't grasp it you can experience it so deeply that you become aware of it and pursue it.
Like others have said it is maybe a change of vision, maybe a change of action, but it will be a hole in the illusion when you will not see who and what is separated from your skin but you will see your skin connected and part of everything. It is only a very thin film of you.
When you, experience God in others, not just intellectually than you will treat them differently.
Christ stated clearly that even animals love their own kind or treat them with favor. We can do so much more but the illusion of you and I must be seen through and one must experience what is living in everyone and what it is trying to one day become. Life is a very rare and delicate fruit we have found no where beyond this little rock in space. We do not treat one another thus tenderly. We use the intelligence given to our species who should be caregivers of this great gift; to ra pe, pillage and plunder what lies before us and to snuff out that flower in those we see as other and less than ourselves.

"Love one another as I have loved you." Christ
If we could achieve that alone the end of the world would come for Christ will have returned.
An the end of the world is the dramatic change of culture and culture is our world..what we value, what we worship and what we die for.

Peace

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 15:24

hi thunder hun i hope all is well.i look more on the higher powe or spirtual nature take on my faith bless at be to all and you my friend
hi thunder hun i hope all is well.i look more on the higher powe or spirtual nature take on my faith bless at be to all and you my friend

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2005 16:32

Yep...I got religion...just look at my happy face in the pic w/you HarleyRose.
Yep...I got religion...just look at my happy face in the pic w/you HarleyRose.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2005 05:43

A.R.800 hey hun i'm good thank you and you ?
religion what ever it is for you or called in its true sense is most joyous thing the human soul can know and when the real religion is realized we will fine it to be an agent of peace of joy and of happiness and never an agentof gloomy long-faced sadness
A.R.800 hey hun i'm good thank you and you ?
religion what ever it is for you or called in its true sense is most joyous thing the human soul can know and when the real religion is realized we will fine it to be an agent of peace of joy and of happiness and never an agentof gloomy long-faced sadness

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 22, 2005 13:44

harleyrose6569 write:
spirituality is like a bird ;if you hold on to it tightly .it chokes' and if you hold it loosely it escapes

Well put HR, again! How are you Sis...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 22, 2005 13:28

spirituality is like a bird ;if you hold on to it tightly .it chokes' and if you hold it loosely it escapes

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 14:39

Hey HavFun--being open to hearing about things that are new to you is a HUGE start. Here's a tip that helped me get started 30 years ago: no matter how you feel about someone, treat them well--NOT saying be a doormat--and refrain from reacting in anger or frustration if they're being ill-behaved toward you. This sounds like no big deal but unless you're super patient normally, it'll be a challenge. I can tell you from my own perspective as former loose cannon, you'll begin to have a real concern and caring for the same people that used to drive you crazy. That's the beginning of love. You start doing that and God will start an unbelievable awesome change in you that'll make you happier than you can imagine. Life won't stop having ups and downs but how it affects you will be smoother.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2005 19:49

I would like to have a stronger faith and belief in the reality of God. I would also like to learn to love myself and other people. Want a bunch more stuff but these would be a good start.smile.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 08:05

back to you Rogue, and your initial comments in this here forum...i'd like you or anyone to fill me in on a single contradiction written in the Word. Rogue, you indicate you've 'read it closely', so give it to me. I'm not after an argument here guys, just tryin' to get this 'flatliner' flyin' again!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 12:53

Thanks for the kind welcome MtnMan---I'll be checking about once a week to see how it's going with everyone. If anyone needs prayer or encouragement just email me or if you're not currently paying dues post a request here. This can be a great tool. I will keep you folks in prayer according to the things you've spoken about here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 19:00

rubysues write:
how do we make the distinction between lonliess and alone-ness? For myself i know i'm not alone (thanx guys!Thanx God!) but man, there are times when the space between my fingers and the keyboard and my knees and the floor seems an endless path with the tangible just outside my grasp. Good thing faith finds me!

Ruby and know you too understand what FAITH is all about. In the seeminly empty voids we Christian's fill it with GOD. We ALL have the void at times, lasting moments to months to years. ANYONE that says they never feel that 'hole' is quite frankly, not very realistic nor honest with self. I know for me I filled that hole with booze, dope and pointless sexual encounters. Gee wonder why they have all the different chat rooms and places like this? Hmmmmmm
Love Ya
PEACE
MtnMan

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 17:17

how do we make the distinction between lonliess and alone-ness? For myself i know i'm not alone (thanx guys!Thanx God!) but man, there are times when the space between my fingers and the keyboard and my knees and the floor seems an endless path with the tangible just outside my grasp. Good thing faith finds me!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 07:42

mikif write:
MtnMan and Rubysue I'm happy to make the acquaintance of both of you. I just started checking out the forum and wish I'd done it a long time ago. Very encouraging to hear what you both have to say. Sometimes a person feels alone not really having any like-minded friends, but now I know you guys are out there. Blessings on both of you.

Hey Mikif, HAPPY to have you on board. Thought this thread had died a lonely death.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 07:40

saxon write:
MtnManWA ....... I didnt take it as being directed at me, no problem. I think a lot of the time we seem to also forget that all modern religions stem from one person - Abraham !
MAN was Abe a busy Man or what, I KNEW we were all related and not just hillbillys.
Peace
MtnMan

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 19:25

rubysues write:
when you wrestle with the text, you walk away limping. Some people have no limp because they haven't wrestled. But the ones limping have had an experience with the living God. I think God knows what he's doing with the Bible. The question i think should be, do we know what we're doing with IT? It's so much easier to debate the word than to obey it and i think this is vital! Questioning is what it's all about! Keeps the word alive!

Children of Israel-those who wrestle with God not a place on the map or people of blood lineage....Israel was Jacob's name after wrestling with God. Limping to meet his brother he earned his wisdom in that fateful wrestling match. Questions are just that and the struggle to let an experience of the numinosum break through our finite minds and cause us to limp with something we can experience but never express in words.
Where has Logos gone taken from the cross no longer in his tomb we are at a loss.

Good to read your words. I sense your experience is stronger.
Mtn Man
"as a deer panteth for water so my soul panteth for thee." Psalm quoted by Carl Jung in an early letter to Bill W. that began what became the AA.

Peace and continued growth!
SSoul

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 16, 2005 15:32

mtnman

MtnManWA write:

rubysues write:
hope=having open patient eyes.Gotta have hope! Really like to know more of your story there MtnMan, i think you've probably got some lessons worthy. It seems there's alot of anger out there, i'm not angry. I think it must be awe. I'm in the P.U.S.H. mode i guess, praying until something happens. Anybody else feel a power in this?

Hey Rube, not much to my story but here goes anyway, Born 1951, adopted 1952, tossed in juvi as an incorrigable at 11, boys home until 18, VietNam, severe leg and mental injuries, rode hard, drank and drugged hard, fought harder lololol, married to my first lay, 1969, divorced 1970, rode hard drank and drugged hard, did 5 years on a 20 beef, rode hard, drank and drugged harder, married again in '84, got clean in 85, sober in 87, divorced 87, she is still out there usin' raised 5 kids, with or with out her. After I got sober I finished my Masters Degree in psych/chem dep. Was a therapist until 1999, now RETIRED. I always have spoken my mind, never have nor will believe addiction is a disease. being a 'Friend of Bill W" I needed to know what was after Step 12, looked to God, as that is what the Steps are all about, found that God was next to me the entire time, gave myself to Him 3 years ago. Adoptive parents died 2002, and Mom died this year, sister greedy, full of anguish and pain. Have suffered MANY satan attacks since I became a B.A.C. Still in therapy to maintain my balance having PTSD/Bi-Polar/Manic Depressive. STILL wear my heart on my sleeve and a cross around my neck. Each day I carry my cross and bare it's load, LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT, yet STILL not hitched lolololololol
ALL PEACE
MtnMan

mtn man, wow, i could learn a lot from youi think, ever feel like doing some internet counseling for a guy thats pretty lost, please look me up, thanks!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 16, 2005 14:44

MtnMan and Rubysue I'm happy to make the acquaintance of both of you. I just started checking out the forum and wish I'd done it a long time ago. Very encouraging to hear what you both have to say. Sometimes a person feels alone not really having any like-minded friends, but now I know you guys are out there. Blessings on both of you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 09, 2005 14:48

thing is, we're all in this blessed, cyberboat together. Just that some of us are rowing in different directions and it's all good cuz the hands beyond the moon pulling the tides in and out knows exactly where we're headed..and God willing we'll all get to shore eventually with a bit more insight and tolerence. Oh, and mr mountain..thanks for sharing..look for me

Available only
to logged in members