Home > Biker Forums > Write articles to get free gold membership > DO YOU PERFORM YOUR OWN BIKE MAINTINENCE Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
DO YOU PERFORM YOUR OWN BIKE MAINTINENCE
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 06, 2007 10:35

With the staggering cost of repairs to most bikes doesnt it make sence to do your own repairs? Who is a do it yourselfer and how much do you do?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 26, 2007 17:34

I do my own maint. Fender to fender. I ride an 07 ultra so if its something with computer or that rats nest of wiring I take it to the dealer. In my opinion a harley is the easiest bike to work work on. You can see the engine tranny primary and induction. that give you a good atart at whats what and what it does. Dont know of too many others that are laid out like a hog. Only need a few special tools work on a harley and some can be made if you have a torch welder and a good shop vise.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 07:28

you would trust your bike to some
apprentice wanker ????

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 30, 2007 12:30

I do all my maintenance myself from tire changes to rebuilds. I have been riding and maintaining my bikes for over 20 years.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 11, 2007 19:55

In years past I did my own work on various bikes, Suzukies, Hondas, Yamahas, etc. This is my first Harley and I make enough that paying a pro so that I don't mess anything up is worth it.