Home > Biker Forums > Friendship > are Ya'll surviving the Hurricane/Tropical storms? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
are Ya'll surviving the Hurricane/Tropical storms?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 24, 2005 18:56

Well, us in Saint Aug...lost the weather lottery for the Tropical storms/Hurricanes. My heart & prayers goes out to those of You who've went thru some stressful times...whether you or your loved ones have been affected. I pray for ya'll as I scan the t.v. or read the news. It's hard to comprehend...Mother Earth is only doing what She knows to do. Mankind needs to step back, evaluate living so coastal. But, I'm a sucker for the beach, too, I live 10 minutes from it! Take care, Everyone. God Bless...Michele

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 10:17

Weenie write:

Bigbear2000 write:
Well Michele, I was a bit disappointed in this storm. I sat out in my front yard astraddle a 12 foot plank, wearin my baggy swim suit and a bushy bushy blonde hairdo, waiting the big wave and yellin "Surf's up!" No surf and the neighbor's suspect that I might be nuts. : )
But I'm thankfull that there wasn't the damage predicted.

Oh my goodness, the visual I am getting here brother!!!

Exactly, Weenie...same here!!!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 05:55

Bigbear2000 write:
Well Michele, I was a bit disappointed in this storm. I sat out in my front yard astraddle a 12 foot plank, wearin my baggy swim suit and a bushy bushy blonde hairdo, waiting the big wave and yellin "Surf's up!" No surf and the neighbor's suspect that I might be nuts. : )

Oh my goodness, the visual I am getting here brother!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 04:05

Yup, the lure of the mega dollar has seen me in Alaska and various other places. Then (in my case) I realized that chasin the buck wasn't where it was at for me, but livin life to the fullest and seeing the desolate, but beautiful Works of the Great Artist, was.So I tossed the suit in the trash and went in search of friends, laughter,and fresh air. : )

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 16:45

Rotflmiao!! Geeez! I can jus' see ya, too. That's the Okie spirit! I remember running for the cellar, during tornados, ended up sleeping in...no bother to leave, cause my Dad had us set up with Surplus City bunks & kerosene lamps. Shoot, nobody is in the old homeplace & cellar is still usuable. I miss home, but make some awesome $, here in Fl. Probably retire there, tho. M

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 03:41