Home > Biker Forums > Health > Healthy Goals~ Losing Weight~quittin'~Startin? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Healthy Goals~ Losing Weight~quittin'~Startin?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 21, 2006 07:16

Hi!

I am starting this thread for people who have some fitness goals and want to support their bk friends doing the same.

Post away!
DD~Irish Rose in CA

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 14, 2006 14:25

I'm in the best shape I have been in my entire adult life, because I have worked very hard in the last 2 years to get here. Modified Adkins diet. High protein, low carbs, lots of water.. and exercise. Move to lose!
I want to be around for a while still, got to be, I want to go stick dirty socks in my sons' couches, leave dirty dishes around, slop things, etc.. pay back, LoL.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 12, 2006 16:15

Best wishes to all ya'all..losing weight isnt easy but can be done!!
AD311

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 26, 2006 13:47

jynesisk write:
well so far on the organic apple cidar vinegar i have lost a total of 15 lbs so far..........

im really excited about this and i will continue this till i loose enough for the summer .

i never thought this would work but it has and fast about a month so far.....

wish all of you luck on your diets .

chips are my worse addiction i crave them and its so hard to refuse them but i have cut back ......

try eating dill pickles, they give you that sattisfation for the salty and crunchy effect without the calories!
The apple cider can be mixed with tomato sauce and seasoned with you fovorite herbs and spices ( I like tobasco, peprika, and garlic powder in mine) and used as a salad dressing. Pretty tastey and way fewer calories than vinegar and oil!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 21:27

well so far on the organic apple cidar vinegar i have lost a total of 15 lbs so far..........

im really excited about this and i will continue this till i loose enough for the summer .

i never thought this would work but it has and fast about a month so far.....

wish all of you luck on your diets .

chips are my worse addiction i crave them and its so hard to refuse them but i have cut back ......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 09:18

I lost 90 lbs in 3 yrs. by walking 3 miles 6 times a week, drinking alot of water, giving up red meat. I don't eat everything off my plate, I eat half of everything and take the rest home for lunch. this seems to work for me however, I am going to try the apple juice and vinegar also

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 09:00

the organic apple cidar vinegar 2 table spoons in a glass of water 3 times a day works for loosing weight.

ive lost a total of 8 lbs in three weeks .

also very good for the heart ,stomach problems ,skin,thinning of hair,gives you energy,gets rid of extra fluid,so good for alot of health problems ,

im telling you this works i know the taste is not that good but u get use to it .

look it up online and check all the health issues its good for .

good luck and hope every one here will try this .

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 23:33

hi every one
just wanted to share a diet aid i am using for the last two weeks and i have lost 5 lbs so far.

organic apple cidar vinegar 2 tablespoons in a glass of water 3 times a day.

it has to be the organic .it is good for all sort of health problems.weight loss,very good for the heart,blood preasure,any and all stomach problems,fatigue it gives you energy,makes your hair grow and healthy plus your skin,speeds up your metabolism,so many other things also .

i told my doctor about this and he was excited about the weight loss and said keep up the good work in what you are doing .

so hope this help others .

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 08:07

I am going to try and answer everything. The food on this diet is alright...not home cooking, that's for sure. But it's doable and I like the results....so right there makes it worth it. I haven't really tried any other of the diets you mention...but I hear the food is comparable.
The gym part I am doing myself and have made friend there to chat with. I go....do the treadmill which I hate and then move on to the machines and weights. I am there about 1.5 hrs every other day. I am really tight for time and haven't been able to fit in any classes yet.
I like going to the gym, since it's a women's only and I see the same faces most of the time. I also find that it helping with my stress level, which is rather high these days.
I am determed to look good this year in whatever I wear.
I am not a gold memeber...but Iwouldn't mind being diet/exercise cyber buddy. Just e me at the blue running man....haha...the A place
BTW...I saw your pic's and you really do look alright. But I understand...it's what you feel inside.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 02:09

Hi Everybody! Thanks for posting here on this thread. It is inspiring to know you are working on your goals and whenever I can, I will check in and see how you are each doing. I am not at home right now, so I don't have access to the internet every day.
How you doing:Dyna, ArmyD,
HC1-I didn't type what I meant before; but I meant your recipes,not the ones from the book.
BadBoyR,? Able to work out at all? getting any aerobic oxygen baby?
Smile: Ever do weight bearing stuff?
Sunf: Loss of inches. Works better for me too. Nutrisystem works for you. Do you think the food is really good? Been pondering that and JCraig,don't know which one is better, as in tasting and for you. What do you think of Healthy Choice? Any one? There are some other good tasting lower fat frozen meals I like, especially the Thai and orange chicken ones.
Sun:Working out 3 days a week,that's great! It really helps me when I have a work-out buddy and someone to spot me on the weights. It takes a real commitment to hit the gym. I do a lot better with it when I go almost every day and alternate between weights and aerobic.
I want to be in shape and one of the reasons is: I want to be in great shape for myself first, cause it feels sooouch better and secondly; so that when I have my honey in front of me, I know I am doing my best to be gawwgus for 'Us'. I feel sexier and more alive when I am in good shape, or at least making a regular effort to be really healthy and kinda buff. I've always loved dancing, so am very aware of how I am moving, how my body feels, and want to get back in my regular clothes. Been wearing my 'fat' clothes and that gets really old, really quick.
I dropped 2 lbs.

Keeponkeepin'on!
Muahh...

DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 05:56

I am going to jump in here too. I am looking to lose at least 10 LBS or more. I have also been working out 3 days a weeks, without fail. I started this back in Nov. and feel that I have lost more inches then weight, which is ok with me.
As far as diets....I have been on the nutri-systems. It's the only one that works fo me.
Good Luck everyone!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 05:44

I'm glad you started this thread IrishRoseCA. I seem to be experiencing the rubber band effect. I lose 5 pounds, and gain it back. All the peeps posting here give me incentive to keep trying after a setback. Seems to me I lost 30 pounds a few years back, but that was after a breakup and I lost my appetite. I've also had some luck with the Ultra Slim Fast diet. I know I'm hindered losing weight because of my thyroid issues which I take daily meds for, but that doesn't keep me from wanting to be thinner. And as somebody said, summer is coming and it would be nice this year if my bros weren't asking me when the baby is due, lmao! I can take a joke and all, but it does remind me of my unfulfilled desire to be in better shape. Some days it's a hard pill to swallow for this once fit black belt. Yes we all age but age doesn't have to mean not being fit. Well I know if I manage to get under this 195 mark it would be more inspiring to me. I was 196 yesterday again, and 198 today. I found an interesting link for those peeps wondering what they should weigh factoring in their height, weight, age, etc. Try this link for some weight goal ideas: Keep up the good work peeps!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 07:58

HarleyChic1 write:
K - I just went back on my diet. I'm guna try to lose between 35-40 lbs. I'll be nice and skinny by time summer is here. (I went back on the South Beach Diet - that's the only diet that has ever worked for me - last time I lost 40lbs few years ago, on that diet and it only took a few months.) Now I want to get to my goal weight and I'll be happy again.

Just started exercising again too. The Dr. said lose some weight and exercise and I MIGHT be able to put off surgery.

Good for you HC1!! My sister calls that diet the South B!tch diet cuz she just hates dieting. I'm like you & would like to lose around the same but just am not getting myself motivated with the dieting part. I do walk in the mornings but I think I should add more exercise into my day. Last year when I went to my Dr., she said that that comparing the South Beach Diet & the Adkins Diet, to go with the South Beach because it's healthier. The South Beach has also been successful with people at work.
Good luck girl!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 07:31

Armydaughter311 write:
Awesome subject DD!!
I wanna lose 5 pounds..and Ive cut way back in my smoking..so Im gettin there..lol..

You're doing great! I am so glad to hear that! I always wonder how you're doing and your always getting good mojo from me!
DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 07:26

HarleyChic1 write:
K - I just went back on my diet. I'm guna try to lose between 35-40 lbs. I'll be nice and skinny by time summer is here. (I went back on the South Beach Diet - that's the only diet that has ever worked for me - last time I lost 40lbs few years ago, on that diet and it only took a few months.) Now I want to get to my goal weight and I'll be happy again.

Just started exercising again too. The Dr. said lose some weight and exercise and I MIGHT be able to put off surgery.

Hc1--great news!
I am trying to do the same thing and have never done the south beach diet.
I would like to find out more about it.
Have you made any recipes from the diet that you would like to share?
Hugs from Ca,
DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 09, 2006 21:15

Jalle,

I've tried the sugar free chocs. Maybe you know a good brand? Then ones I've used to make my own with candy molds haven't been so great.

Anyone tried Jenny Craig, or Nutrisystem? Did it work for you? Actually taste good? Not too many chemicals or preservatives?

I made homemade spaghetti last night. It was so good, having it again for b'fast.

I have a ton of recipes by the way for Int. foods. I like to take 'fattening' recipes and make them yummy and goodforya'.

The Italian dressing one is low-fat, low-sugar and tastes like a good high fat bottled dressing.

Keep-on-keepin'-on.

DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 01, 2006 01:10

Awesome subject DD!!
I wanna lose 5 pounds..and Ive cut way back in my smoking..so Im gettin there..lol..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 15:35

IrishRoseCA write:

rochesterbadboy write:
Well, this morning I am back up to 201 pounds again. WTF? This is the frustration I face when trying to lose weight. So as far as us guys having an easy time of losing weight, um, um, well if you say so!~Hank

Hank
Like it was said above:Everyone is different. I don't even use the scales myself except once every month or two and on a good scale. Regular old-fashioned scales can be off by several lbs. Temperature can affect them. I check my weight by how my clothes feel. I also love to cook and bake, so I have been cooking up several of my favorite things and keeping around salad stuff, veggies to steam, and apples, etc to snack on when the urge hits me. No chips in the house for those weak moments. My clothes are starting to fit better. Been getting after the exercise again and I know my bod loses weight much better when exercise is 1/2 of the plan.
I keep reading that 'diets' never work but healthier eating and exercise do work.
I also keep semi-sweet choc chips around, and eat a little handful when the choc urge hits. That's usually once a day.
Also starving the bod by eating a lot less makes the body store fat *more. Breakfast gives my bod some fuel to work with and keeps the blood sugar up at a normal level. If I make sure I eat something in the morning, it is easier for me all day to avoid fast-food. I cut out fried food completely.
Glad to see you all posting. It helps to know we're all working on this at the same time.

Hugz,
DD irish
Hang in there!

Hank , if your doing a workout to help lose weight you gain muscle mass and that is heaver then fat so you can gain weight and still lose inches thats a good thing keep up with eating right and working out .

DD , You should try the sugar free chocolates that you can get from stores that sell to people who melt and make their own candies they taste way better then regular chocolate and semi-sweet also . But they do have a little more coco fats so if you do try them dont eat a lot .

My goal is to hit 220 so if I dont eat for a month or two I may lose the 25 lbs im hopeing for .

I hope everyone reaches their goal and loses as much or as little as they want or need to .Good luck and healthy eating .

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 09:46

Hello....
Well I was at the doctors yesterday.. 212lbs..a gain of 11 since I last saw him... I have been stair climbing since jan 1 and doin crunches...ouch. With all the travelin I do it's difficult to eat right...gotta love the beef in Chicago and the Baked Ravioli in St Louis... I have been tryin to eat more fish...but it really don't count if it's fried catfish...
at some point I gotta suck it up and go to salads... my intentions are good... but the road to failure is paved with good intentions. Anyway it's off to New York today..God I love corned beef on rye with yellow mustard...and a big bread and butter pickle....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 09:22

rochesterbadboy write:
Well, this morning I am back up to 201 pounds again. WTF? This is the frustration I face when trying to lose weight. So as far as us guys having an easy time of losing weight, um, um, well if you say so!~Hank

Hank
Like it was said above:Everyone is different. I don't even use the scales myself except once every month or two and on a good scale. Regular old-fashioned scales can be off by several lbs. Temperature can affect them. I check my weight by how my clothes feel. I also love to cook and bake, so I have been cooking up several of my favorite things and keeping around salad stuff, veggies to steam, and apples, etc to snack on when the urge hits me. No chips in the house for those weak moments. My clothes are starting to fit better. Been getting after the exercise again and I know my bod loses weight much better when exercise is 1/2 of the plan.
I keep reading that 'diets' never work but healthier eating and exercise do work.
I also keep semi-sweet choc chips around, and eat a little handful when the choc urge hits. That's usually once a day.
Also starving the bod by eating a lot less makes the body store fat *more. Breakfast gives my bod some fuel to work with and keeps the blood sugar up at a normal level. If I make sure I eat something in the morning, it is easier for me all day to avoid fast-food. I cut out fried food completely.
Glad to see you all posting. It helps to know we're all working on this at the same time.

Hugz,
DD irish
Hang in there!