Home > Biker Forums > Romance > Early warning signs "oops, wrong Person!" Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Early warning signs "oops, wrong Person!"
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 05:50

Hi,
I would love to hear what you all think are the early warning signs of romatic possibilities who are liars, users, posers, insincere, etc.
If a guy wants to get in your panties, SOME of them will say or promise anything.
I use my gut instincts, but I've certainly been wrong before. I'd rather find out very early on: The whole truth and nothing but the truth. This can make me seem feisty to some men, but I AM feisty and deserve a great guy.
So, what are the early warning signals you have recognized?
DD

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 26, 2007 16:09

Show61...you are so right...I however have found a great man...and struggling to keep my head above water...(someone pinch me...am I awake) women will push the good ones away, yes, because they are scared..they start trying to FIND things wrong, so he's not quite right..I have been guilty of it, and working hard not to let this one slip away.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 24, 2007 02:43

Ive come to the conclusion the women are not looking for the real deal because when they meet men like me who are honest hard working and looking for something more then a 1 nightstand we scare the hell out of em.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 17, 2007 18:15

ALGIEJIVE write:
WOULD YA KNOW A REAL ONE ???? I SMELL SMOKE ALOT AROUND HERE,,YOU GIRLS THINK YOUR THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE BEEN BURNED?? THATS JUST TOO FUNNY,,US GUYS GET OUR SHARE,,,WE JUST DONT CRY ABOUT IT I GUESS,,AS FOR ME,,I JUST KEEP TRYIN,,

I agree with ya AJ, But not all us gals cry about it. Some of us don't think the world needs to hear about it. It's better to walk with a clean slate and take with us the good that comes from every relationship. After all, if there wasn't some good there to begin with, what was the point of even being in it?
Just my view... ;}

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 01, 2007 22:27

it is my experience that those red flags go up...i didn't listen to the the first time ...but won't egnore them again.......annie

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 01, 2007 09:50

redchapps write:
Re Warning Signs
Behavior is predictable and the traits (character) of a person can be determined by looking at their level of compassion and their satisfaction with their life. If they are compassionate and have reached their goals and are happy with their place in this world, then it is likely that they will be the person they initially project. *Also, developing a relationship takes time, look at the pattern and pay close attention to inconsistencies. It is those inconsistencies that are most telling. Another area to look at for compatibility is social-economic background. This is broad...culture where were they raised, the values they have, do they have close family ties (be careful if they do not), what they spend their money on, religious/spiritual views...etc.
I have been fooled before, but have the mantra that its not about me, but about who they are and flaws in their character. Not pleasant to experience, but the only thing we can do is remove ourselves from their presence. Pax J

Re:

Wonderful words of wisdom you shared. That's it in a nutshell.

Grazi!

DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 23, 2006 07:28

Re Warning Signs
Behavior is predictable and the traits (character) of a person can be determined by looking at their level of compassion and their satisfaction with their life. If they are compassionate and have reached their goals and are happy with their place in this world, then it is likely that they will be the person they initially project. *Also, developing a relationship takes time, look at the pattern and pay close attention to inconsistencies. It is those inconsistencies that are most telling. Another area to look at for compatibility is social-economic background. This is broad...culture where were they raised, the values they have, do they have close family ties (be careful if they do not), what they spend their money on, religious/spiritual views...etc.
I have been fooled before, but have the mantra that its not about me, but about who they are and flaws in their character. Not pleasant to experience, but the only thing we can do is remove ourselves from their presence. Pax J

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 17:18

WOULD YA KNOW A REAL ONE ???? I SMELL SMOKE ALOT AROUND HERE,,YOU GIRLS THINK YOUR THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE BEEN BURNED?? THATS JUST TOO FUNNY,,US GUYS GET OUR SHARE,,,WE JUST DONT CRY ABOUT IT I GUESS,,AS FOR ME,,I JUST KEEP TRYIN,,

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 06:27

sexybaby write:
A daughter of a friend of mine asked me at about 15 yrs old about boys. she wondered what was the truth and what was love. we were always very close and I wanted to give her good advice. I could see from our conversation that she was considering going beyond kissing and "playing" ...suddenly I remembered a gift a GF of mine had given me earlier in the year when I had the same questions... I ran to my underwear drawer and came back with some pantie's ... I then told her... the only thing you need to remember , when it come's to boy's wanting to take these off..is just one thing.. and I held up the cute thong pantie's that said on the front.."BOY"S LIE"...nuff said..LOL!!!

That's great Sexy. : ) But by the time I got to the panties, I wasn't much interested in reading. LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 01:38

and btw DD you do deserve a great guy!!! I've seen e-nuff of them on here that would like to qualify!!!you will know it when you see it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 01:36

A daughter of a friend of mine asked me at about 15 yrs old about boys. she wondered what was the truth and what was love. we were always very close and I wanted to give her good advice. I could see from our conversation that she was considering going beyond kissing and "playing" ...suddenly I remembered a gift a GF of mine had given me earlier in the year when I had the same questions... I ran to my underwear drawer and came back with some pantie's ... I then told her... the only thing you need to remember , when it come's to boy's wanting to take these off..is just one thing.. and I held up the cute thong pantie's that said on the front.."BOY"S LIE"...nuff said..LOL!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 10, 2005 09:34

WINDSPIRIT50 write:

mojo2005 write:

DoubleDelight write:

So, what are the early warning signals you have recognized?

...as for me..ref to insincere..been told "I give mixed signals" I get that from my four older sisters, a guess..lol..I try to use the gut also, usually right on most times...and listen to what they (people) say but go off what they don't say, and what they do..or don't do....hope this made some since for ya..and go get what you deserve lady, don't settle for less...better stop before I reveal what is in the *men's manual for women*...lol

MO.....the gut always tells you what's right or wrong....The problem with that is do we listen or stuff a sock in it!....In my life today I'm choosing to listen!.....and DD...You'll know what to do when it presents itself.......Mo

I agree with you totally on this, Mo. Listen to that inner voice. Also, look in to their eyes. Eye's do not lie. If they can not look back into yours? RUN don't walk away.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 14:21

Falcon, good info that was good to read,,,,,,

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 23:37

HOw about if they never show up when you ahve plans or are always very very late for those plans. Also, the cell # is another. I use my gut instincts also. I have been fooled, but I have learned lessons along the way!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 20:33

U

Comfy1 write:

Nodey write:
Lol,yes ladies. I was so sure this creep did it,I called and confronted him with it. He told me he couldn't believe I had the audacity to accuse him of such a thing. When he said that,I let it rip. There was nothing I didn't call him. I have had money go missing before,but never accussed anyone of stealing it before this man.

Lol..he had the nerve to email me 4 months later and try to talk to me.

And when I thought I had seen it all.

YIKES!

Kinda makes you wonder.......
What could he have been thinkng?

Ummmm...that he was all that and a bag of chips too?????

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 12:19

Nodey write:
Lol,yes ladies. I was so sure this creep did it,I called and confronted him with it. He told me he couldn't believe I had the audacity to accuse him of such a thing. When he said that,I let it rip. There was nothing I didn't call him. I have had money go missing before,but never accussed anyone of stealing it before this man.

Lol..he had the nerve to email me 4 months later and try to talk to me.

And when I thought I had seen it all.

YIKES!

Kinda makes you wonder.......
What could he have been thinkng?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 12:13

Norbu: Hi there! I loved what you said: "I think the best thing to do is take your time, kinda like toasting a marshmello; too hot too quick and somthin gets burnt"
~~~
Norbu-Got burnt! lol. Takin' it slow now.
~~~
Falcon: Loved your long post. Thanks.
~~~
Lady V- and Knotsofast-Hope life is fun and happy up in your neck of the woods.
~~~
DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 10:55

I think the best thing to do is take your time, kinda like toasting a marshmello; too hot too quick and somthin gets burnt. Observation, common sense, and intuition. Watch how the person you meet deals with waiters and waitresses ect. Watch their driving habbits, rude and aggressive or mindful and curtious.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 08, 2005 08:44

wait a minute ,,,comment on cell number,not fair,,,im hardly ever home too use house number anymore,unless to get online. keep that one in mind now!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 03, 2005 23:46

I think a bad sign would be is his jealousy,or temper..which is all fine and good..just not directed at me..lol..
I myself would rather give some guy my cell# instead of my home #..just in case hes some nut stalker..