Home > Biker Forums > Motorcycle events > PLANNING ONLY for TX BK gathering Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
PLANNING ONLY for TX BK gathering
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 09:03

OK...let's try to keep this thread down to the nitty gritty. Planning and scheduling information only for the get-together we want to have in Texas.

I'm going to throw out a couple of things to start with. Please feel free to add anything you'd like.

Below are my personal opinions but they are nothing set in stone. Please, everyone else attending, please add your 2 cents.

1. We need to determine a location.

I think we should keep it between San Antonio and Austin. From what I can tell, the majority of those in Texas are fairly close to these cities. SA and Austin are only about 45 minutes to an hour apart and both have tons to offer. Plus, th Hill Country surrounding us is just amazing. We wouldn't be stuck with just one city's offerings and neither one of them are 100% traffic and construction like the bigger cities tend to be (Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth, etc.).

2. About how many are planning to head this way?

From what I can tell, it looks like:
Jerry
Betty
Bear (Jess)
Unc
LadyTxnRider (Carole)
Kitty (Jenn)
Squirrel (Rocky)
Thunder (Char)
BogeyBob (Bob?)
Slo (?)
Me (Carrie)

Of course, anyone is welcome and the more the merrier.

April really isn't THAT far away, and I hate to rush on anything. (Keep that in mind when we take off around here...I don't do 90 mph!)

Well...that looks like more than 2 cents, but give me some feedback.

My e*ma*il is CarrieAnn at Austin dot RR dot com.

AND ONLY MY MOM CALLS ME CARRIE ANN SO DON'T BE CUTE!

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 21:03

BB!!

Nevah, nevah, nevah....

Hey MamaP...come on down with BB...we'd love to have you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 09:01

mamapatz write:
OK JUST FOUND THIS THREAD AND I AM TO CLOSE TO YOU GUYS NOT TO COME DOWN WITH BB AND THE OTHERS I LIVE JUST A FEW MILES FROM I-40 AND HWY 69 THE CUT OFF TO TEXAS SO I WILL BE COMING WITH YOU GUYS IF YOU WILL LET ME. ANYONE WANT TO TRAILER TO MY MOTEL AND REST BEFORE WE TAKE OFF IS WELCOME AND THEN YOUR TRAILER WILL BE SAFE HERE TILL WE GET BACK. I'LL TRY AND KEEP UP WITH THIS ONCE I GET BACK FROM NYC KINDA PRE OCCUPIED UNTIL THEN. LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE IN THE SPRING IN TEXASS. PROMISE YOU WILL NOT HURT THIS LITTLE OL SOONER GIRL HA HA

Yeah, Pat. Better watch out they might throw rocks at us Okies. : )

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 08:10

mojo2005 write:
single or couple want to trailer here ...then ride up from Corpus Christi let me know I will leave the light on .....

Mojo, who knows, maybe I'll just ride that way and hook up with ya'll enroute, then putt back up here. Just an excuse for a ride. Lemme know when you finalize your plans. Are you gonna pick up Minx? Carrie and Bet are setting up the scheduling on this end, but some of it depends on when Rocky and Char are gonna roll in.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 07:16

OK JUST FOUND THIS THREAD AND I AM TO CLOSE TO YOU GUYS NOT TO COME DOWN WITH BB AND THE OTHERS I LIVE JUST A FEW MILES FROM I-40 AND HWY 69 THE CUT OFF TO TEXAS SO I WILL BE COMING WITH YOU GUYS IF YOU WILL LET ME. ANYONE WANT TO TRAILER TO MY MOTEL AND REST BEFORE WE TAKE OFF IS WELCOME AND THEN YOUR TRAILER WILL BE SAFE HERE TILL WE GET BACK. I'LL TRY AND KEEP UP WITH THIS ONCE I GET BACK FROM NYC KINDA PRE OCCUPIED UNTIL THEN. LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE IN THE SPRING IN TEXASS. PROMISE YOU WILL NOT HURT THIS LITTLE OL SOONER GIRL HA HA

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 09, 2006 16:48

LadyTxnRider write:

mojo2005 write:
single or couple want to trailer here ...then ride up from Corpus Christi let me know I will leave the light on .....

Good to hear from you Mojo, we thought you were missing in action.

Yea really where you been ?heheheh nice to see ya!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 09, 2006 14:05

mojo2005 write:

Good to hear from you Mojo, we thought you were missing in action.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 09, 2006 13:33

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 19:57

Gitta, I sent you an e-male about how to get the info you need.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 06:01

I would love to sign up myself if someone tells me where. Jess HELP....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 06, 2006 05:50

Myself and Spadoman are going to get signed up. Will someone show me what a longhorn looks like when I'm there.
Spyder

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 06, 2006 05:47

Hey there Sweet S. sound like he couldn't pass up a deal like that. What man would.........
I'm out on the lake and still learning myself. Got this motorcycle bug a bit late in life, but what the heck....better late than never.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 07:03

Hey Gitta....you are not too far from me...i am out in the Wills Point area all the time. I am gettin my bike the 14th, is it Dahling??? lol and some riding lessons that w/e....Perhaps our good buddy BB would love to be surrounded by us newbies for an afternoon....or two....if you are interested.....

Someone let me know something.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 04, 2006 05:40

Hey Jess, thanks for thinking of me. Glad to meet you all out there on the big road. I'm having a ball learning to ride. Can't wait to go.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 04, 2006 05:28

Sure, Jim. That would be great. IF you wanted to bring your truck and trailer, I'm sure that when some of these old folks and wussy riders get tired, they'd appreciate the lift. LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 03, 2006 21:02

Bigbear2000 write:
Thoughts: For those heading East and south; Maybe we could all meet in Ft. Smith, AR, then east on Interstate 40 and run down Hwy69 into Texas. Then take Hwy 19 (picking up Briggitte on her Kaw) to Interstate 20, then east to Interstate 35 and south to Austin. There's several places to meet between Ft. Smith and Salisaw. Ok.

Bear, Could I trailer (gasp) to your crib and ride on from there? And Id be coming from memphis area, if someone wants to hook up? Hea, if your scooter dies on the road, a truck and trailer look like heaven!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 03, 2006 20:49

HarleyGurl35 write:
Well, the list is growing and I think we may finalize the date before February. The response we have had has been way more than I expected!

Again...if anyone needs info, just send me your emale (other than your BK address) and I'll get you the info!

YEEEEE HAWWWWWW!

From the response we're getting...this may be what April looks like for us!

sent you my email addy but have not gotten response back, Iwould like to come too, if I can, are yall planning on demolishing a hotel or camping and roasting weinies?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 31, 2005 13:18

Tdog-I put the info on the message board-get back to me there if you like. Respecting Harleygurls wishes-using this for BK rally in Texas only...Minx

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2005 17:06

Well, the list is growing and I think we may finalize the date before February. The response we have had has been way more than I expected!

Again...if anyone needs info, just send me your emale (other than your BK address) and I'll get you the info!

YEEEEE HAWWWWWW!

From the response we're getting...this may be what April looks like for us!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 14:08

minx write:
Anyone planning to go to the Saint Valentines Massacare in Boerne this Feb?

Minx tell us more or start a new topic, have not heard about this one....