Home > Biker Forums > Travel > Travel plans for the coming year Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Travel plans for the coming year
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 06, 2006 13:10

Hey SS!!
Did you ever make it to Alabama??? Y'all should really consider coming down for Thunder Beach. One of these days I'm going to ride back home (Portsmouth Ohio) and hit the "Rodeo" & meet up with everyone

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 06, 2005 15:34

Planning a trip to Tampa in early June to see my daughter graduate from high school. Then spend some time with old friends there. Trying to work out the logistics for Daytona, but the new job is kicking my but about it. Daughter's graduation has to be foremost. Would like to make it to some local Ohio runs when I can.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 25, 2005 12:28

spadoman write:
Dynamal write:

Hey Dynamal, A group of guys I ride with from Minnesota are making plans to go to Bike week in Daytona. Like you, snow will be on the ground and trailering is in order. We're thinking of hauling the scooters to Indianapolis or Atlanta or someplace and ride from there to Daytona.
I am a Veteran, I've always wanted to go to Rolling Thunder but have never made it. Tell me more about it if you feel like it, I'd like more info.
Ride safe, Happy Thanksgiving!

go to rollingthunder1 d0t com...it will give you the information on the organization. the rally is held every memorial day. I ride down with a bunch of vets from new york and jersey. We leave early saturday morning from white plains ny..meet up with the jersey guys and take the long way to DC. We ride thru southern jersey, hit pennsylvania and eat lunch at mike's famous dealership in delaware. we blast into dc and head strait for THE WALL... we spend some time there and go to thunder alley for tshirts...our hotel is in alexandria va. Sunday morning we grab breakfast early, get in a quick ride and head to the pentagon for the parade staging... the emotion is something else...i recommend it for any vet..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 22:32

Spad ...Dyna....Cweet Char and I will be there in Daytona...leaving for Christmas...spending the winter ....Snow bunny I'm not...heading to Texas for April...bikes will get a ride down...VA for June and Kansas City as a side trip...for the BK rally be heading home to Canton for Thunderstock Labor Day weekend and the Chic Easyrider Rally....then we start all over again!!!....got room if ya want for the Daytona rally would'nt miss it...got some peeps coming from Quebec to spend some time..Alabama in the works..and a few locals I met last year.. ...great time for all....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 09:01

Dynamal write:
Cool idea Spadoman...my first ride of next season will be to datona in march. before I get to daytona I'll be takin a right to alabama though..the weather in the northeast will help me decide about throwing the dyna on the truck or riding it...my money's on the truck...there's usually snow on the ground in march up here and as you know where there's snow...sand is sure to follow... after the march vacation...I'll be heading to rolling thunder in DC...if you've never made it Spado..put it on the list. 500,000 bikers...all them bikes starting...listen to the thunder...geez...is it spring yet?

Hey Dynamal, A group of guys I ride with from Minnesota are making plans to go to Bike week in Daytona. Like you, snow will be on the ground and trailering is in order. We're thinking of hauling the scooters to Indianapolis or Atlanta or someplace and ride from there to Daytona.
I am a Veteran, I've always wanted to go to Rolling Thunder but have never made it. Tell me more about it if you feel like it, I'd like more info.
Ride safe, Happy Thanksgiving!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 08:25

Cool idea Spadoman...my first ride of next season will be to datona in march. before I get to daytona I'll be takin a right to alabama though..the weather in the northeast will help me decide about throwing the dyna on the truck or riding it...my money's on the truck...there's usually snow on the ground in march up here and as you know where there's snow...sand is sure to follow... after the march vacation...I'll be heading to rolling thunder in DC...if you've never made it Spado..put it on the list. 500,000 bikers...all them bikes starting...listen to the thunder...geez...is it spring yet?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 02:54

After Christmas and deep into January, when the snow and cold have their icy grip on the people here in Northern Wisconsin, me and the wife are planning a trip down to the Southwest. I've been going down there for a week here and a week there over the years and it seems to break apart the long months of winter so it's tolerable and so cabin fever doesn't become a problem. (Remember Jeffery Dahmer?)

This year, financial and time concerns are very different from the past and we will have ample time to head south and spend about a month and a half.

Towing the Dyna down to New Mexico. I know it's blasphemy to tow the ride, but it's also hard to ride from this climate that time of year. We'll then be riding there and into Arizona to visit my newly retired brother in Sedona. On to California coast to visit wifes best friend from childhood and a stay on the strand in Hermosa beach.

Not looking forward to L.A. riding, but the weather will be nice and there are some good rides out there despite the traffic.

By the time we get back to Wisconsin, the trees will be ready to bud and the snow will be in the rivers as flowage and hopefully an early Spring will arrive and I can get on the scooter here at home.

Lots more short and longer trips after that. Spontaneous forrays all summer to who knows where? Rallys, weekend rides, boulevard cruises, business blasts.

Ride safe all.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 13, 2005 16:01

Six weeks sounds ambitious but what an adventure. I agree, do it while you can.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 13, 2005 13:35

Dave_79124 write:
What's everyone's travel plans for the coming year. I'm planning a trip to Alaska.

Are you riding??? OMG, what an ultimate trip!! Spent some time there and the Pacific NW. Right now looking to go back for a visit soon.