Home > Biker Forums > Biker Articles > Motorcycle Laws in Florida Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Motorcycle Laws in Florida
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 12:08

I'm trying to figuire out why Florida does not allow lane spliting. The law was created to help protect air cooled motorcycles in traffic jams. Does anybody know the history, or lack of, in Florida?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 06, 2006 17:00

They are trying to reinstate the mandatory helmet law by adding it to another bill.The government way of trying to get around their own due process.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 01, 2006 16:49

Cobalt write:
Weenie write:

Cobalt write:
I'm trying to figuire out why Florida does not allow lane spliting. The law was created to help protect air cooled motorcycles in traffic jams. Does anybody know the history, or lack of, in Florida?

In California Only, lane splitting is legal. Motorcycles may drive between cars, but not on shoulders.

Just looked this up on the internet Cobalt, don't know why, looked it up under the AMA Laws

Thanks Weenie. That law needs to change. I wonder if anyone has tried? Lane splitting makes it so much nicer when the traffic is heavy.

And go figure why the under lights are against the law - when it make so much sense to be seen. Impersonating a Cop??? and it is only enforced in certain areas of FL? Pull you over for BS - you bet! Welcome to the Sunshine State where it rains most the time!

Hey, BTW, tell Dragon I miss him & a big HEY! $ from book wasn't enough to build a bike - but one of these days...

Kat

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2005 02:47

After having lived all of my life in Florida and knowing that the general population is of the bluehair gender, I would have to say simply for safety. So many of the accidents involving motorcycles there is because they say "Oh, I didn't see them". Nodoby looks or listens anyway- but after they have sat up in the VFWS all day drinking and then taking their medication (which any normal person couldn't function under anyway)they drive. Florida has so many laws that make no sense- but this one is probably for your own benefit anyway. Just an observation.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 17:39

Weenie write:

Cobalt write:

In California Only, lane splitting is legal. Motorcycles may drive between cars, but not on shoulders.

Just looked this up on the internet Cobalt, don't know why, looked it up under the AMA Laws

Thanks Weenie. That law needs to change. I wonder if anyone has tried? Lane splitting makes it so much nicer when the traffic is heavy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 12:24

Cobalt write: